Blood Money Event (Ended)

322 replies to this topic

#41 Heer

• PipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 84 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 07:06 PM

I think the issue is: a big (good) part of this event is excluded to a lot of players.

I am ok with the 1) C-Bills for all players 2) Extra C-Bills for paying players.
It includes everyone and gives a bonus to paying players - that is fine (we are not stupid we know some of us need to pay and it reminds us that if we want the bonus we have to pay for it)

The 100 extra random items (that include MC and Premium Time) for a small group of paying players is NOT OK

You could have done it in a number of ways
1) Like the Summer Wave Event (paying players got extra picks)
2) You could give no R players 1 pick / R1 players a bonus pick / R2 players a bonus pick (so if you have R1 & R2 you get 3 picks)
3) another inclusive combination I cannot think of right now

Come-on PGI - We need more players - we all know that - PGI needs more money - we all know this and are fine with it. (No PGI = No Game = No Fun)

I want events that INCLUDE my friends - not events where they say "Why would I play that, there is nothing in it for me"

Edited by Heer, 24 August 2015 - 07:12 PM.

#42 Zfailboat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 183 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 07:19 PM

This event seems great to me. Get a bonus 10 mil c-bills + take out a top level mech and farm all the idiots in resistance mechs. Ultimately this should be easy to earn extra c-bills for the weekend. I mean I would rather take on a panther than the new broken artic cheaters any day, and Zeus vs Direwolf - well there's a no brainer.

#43 AEgg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 07:36 PM

I don't get why people are upset over the random prizes. Have ANY of the random prizes in the past even been worth the time it takes to click on them? Certainly not in my experience. Definitely not in comparison to 250k cbills a match.

#44 Kaptain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,284 posts
  • LocationNorth America

Posted 24 August 2015 - 07:40 PM

So we can farm these extra 250,000 Cbills with match 150+ in ANY mech?
Founders, phoenix, regular, hero, champion?
We are just capped at 10 million and don't get extra prizes?

Cause I have had a few games now that are in the 300 and 400s and I don't see the bonus...
Is there a place to check the 10,000,000 completion at? Stats was missing this event.

#45 Lexx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 740 posts
  • LocationSlung below a mech's arm shooting nothing but dirt

Posted 24 August 2015 - 07:53 PM

View PostKaptain, on 24 August 2015 - 07:40 PM, said:

So we can farm these extra 250,000 Cbills with match 150+ in ANY mech?
Founders, phoenix, regular, hero, champion?
We are just capped at 10 million and don't get extra prizes?

Cause I have had a few games now that are in the 300 and 400s and I don't see the bonus...
Is there a place to check the 10,000,000 completion at? Stats was missing this event.

It hasn't started yet.

Starts: TUESDAY AUGUST 25 10:00 AM (PDT)

You can check your progress here: https://mwomercs.com/tournaments

Also, on the challenges tab in the stats section of your profile.

Edited by Lexx, 24 August 2015 - 07:55 PM.

#46 Aylward

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 606 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCleveland, OH

Posted 24 August 2015 - 07:55 PM

Oh look....Yet another "event" that excludes CW yet again for a handful of digital trinkets and cbills and rewards mindless, endless marathon pug drops for monetary reward... Gets pretty darn discouraging to see the very people we're waiting on for YEARS to develop a planetary conquest system LITERALLY driving the population away from it every single weekend and even some weeks in between...for what ?? A bobbly hula girl and a flag for my cockpit ?? And if I grind for 3-4 days straight, I could get a few million cbills, even though I'd make 10-20x that grinding up to that point honestly anyway ?? Hoorah. That people continue to flock to that model knowing that still amazes me, but so be it..

I swear, it seems more and more like the dev team is actually intent on driving population away from CW to the point that they don't have to finish it.. and can just keep feeding the churning mass in the public queue with little effort (other than from the art dept releasing gorgeously refurbished maps). and keep selling them mech packages and MC indefinitely. Obviously rushing the clan invasion and making the clan mechs too strong for IS forces to hold back didn't get the point across that they don't really want to manage a star map (they've obviously struggled heavily with that while still not wanting to let factions manage it either)...all that takes away from time that could be spent designing and selling new clan mechs apparently.. so just keep eventing the population to death with cockpit items we can only get in the pug queue until the CW numbers finally fall completely to zero.... Then we can just remove the map and rename the game "World of Clan Mechs" Or "Call of Duty: Clan Mech Ops" or something like that... Brilliant !!

Sorry, but it just seems like PGI has all but completely forsaken CW at this point (and every IS faction while were at it, but that's another story)... Will they ever deliver the planetary conquest game they promised us several years ago now ?? (Will they ever realize how badly they've balanced Clan vs IS tech and/or ever really do anything about it ?) More and more people are starting to think not.. They're telling us they are... but is that just to keep us around and on the hook, buying mechs and MC til they can no longer deny they couldn't do it and the well runs dry ?? I mean we're not as gullible as the star citizen crowd maybe, but we're running a close second at this point I'd say... Especially since we continue to sit around hoping for and forcing ourselves to be ok with vague and random rumor-like tidbits on twitter as a primary means of finding out about ongoing development progress.. All while CW continues to visibly wither on the vine, completely unattended.. Clandemonium is even slowing at this point !!

Will NBT save the unit crowd's sanity for the time being while PGI tries(?) to get their S*** together and actually code and release Phase III (and the rest of the logistics they've already said wont be in Phase III yet )?? Time will tell I guess... At least we'll have some planets with value to fight over for a change while we wait...how many will want to come back to CW if they ever finally do is the big question then ?? There's None of this "20-30 min waits for a drop with a randomized map on a planet you didn't choose against an unknown opponent that possesses mechs you cant ever drive, only to be overwhelmed by sheer unrestricted numbers attacking the planet even if you win your drops anyway" BS in NBT, so it could be interesting to see how that plays out.

[/End Rant]

#47 Kaptain

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,284 posts
  • LocationNorth America

Posted 24 August 2015 - 07:55 PM

View PostLexx, on 24 August 2015 - 07:53 PM, said:

It hasn't started yet.

Starts: TUESDAY AUGUST 25 10:00:00 AM (PDT)

Ah, I see. Thank you.

#48 Red Legs Greaves

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
  • 348 posts
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 24 August 2015 - 08:20 PM

View PostAEgg, on 24 August 2015 - 07:36 PM, said:

I don't get why people are upset over the random prizes. Have ANY of the random prizes in the past even been worth the time it takes to click on them? Certainly not in my experience. Definitely not in comparison to 250k cbills a match.

Actually a chance to get MC which is the only way to buy mechbays besides CW is kind of a big deal. You can have millions of C-bills but unless you're willing to sell mechs that you may or not love you can't do anything with all the money. During the Christmas and Halloween events I was able to bag about 500mc from each. That's 2 mechs I can now enjoy without having to sell one.

#49 Hearseguy

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 29 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 08:39 PM

#50 JayKay17

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 111 posts
  • LocationDresden

Posted 24 August 2015 - 08:45 PM

Another non-CW event. Realy!?!

#51 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 24 August 2015 - 08:51 PM

View PostViges, on 24 August 2015 - 05:55 PM, said:

No, it's not similar at all. That event everyone could get gifts and pack owners just got bonus gifts. This event ONLY top pack owners can get gifts.

This is a very, very bad practice you are starting here PGI, I really don't like it.

It's similar in format.

It's just screwy because the grabbag system only applies to people putting in $160.

It's weaksauce from its inception.

#52 Chiron

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 123 posts
  • LocationCharlottesville, VA

Posted 24 August 2015 - 09:14 PM

View PostArkbird Phoenix Kell, on 24 August 2015 - 06:08 PM, said:

This pay to participate event is definitely going to rustle some players, bad call PGI. Expensive paywall to fully enjoy this event will not sit well with those who didn't get a pack especially since the grab bags are a favorite event for a lot of players. 250k cbills is okay though, but will remember this taken away grab bag the next time i consider getting some MC or another mechpack.

Lol. Complains about paywall, threatens to not make future purchases, sounds like a self-repeating pattern of behavior.

Dudley Dudley only got 36 gifts, this year. You guys, that's one gift less than last year! Thanks, PGI.

Edited by Chiron, 24 August 2015 - 09:18 PM.

#53 Zordicron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 09:20 PM

Maybe I recall wrong, but last grab bag event where they gave out "bonus bags" for whatever the reson was. there wasn't the ability to earn 10 milion c-bills for 40 matches on top of the grab bag event.

I mean, do you people even read your whiny rants? ****, 40 matches for 10 million c-bills, and all you have to do is ******* play? It was 108 matches in the oceanic takeover to get 9 million and some warhorns.

If you have even one R variant, you can get 20 MILLION CBILLS.

"ONOZ, dem consumables!! pay to participate!!!" ****, eyes on the prize here folks, 20 million cbills. 20 ******* million cbills if you own a single R mech. 10 million, JUST TO PLAY LIKE THERE WASNT EVEN AN EVENT GOING ON.

If you guys are going to piss into the wind because the people that bought both res packs get some grab bags, I can only imagine how hard you would wail and gnash teeth if they gave out another loyalty mech. You know, something that was actually worth a sizable amount of time/grind/money, and not just some more cool shot 9's.

#54 Xenon Codex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bolt
  • The Bolt
  • 575 posts
  • LocationSomewhere Over the Rainbow

Posted 24 August 2015 - 09:23 PM

Looks like a nice event, not sure what all the complaints are about. An extra 250k for every match played (up to 40 matches) is better than most events lately. I rarely get more than 20 matches a weekend even if I'm dedicated, and +250k nearly doubles my average intake without an R1 mech.

My read on the R1 bonus is that we get 500k per match using an R1 mech. It clearly states an "extra 250k C-bills" for R1 which means it stacks with piloting "any Mech for 250k". So 40 matches in an R1 nets 20M vs 10M in a non-R1 mech. Not bad.

I have no issues with the grab bag being exclusive for this event, the C-bill bonus is good enough to keep me interested for a few games I might otherwise not play.

#55 latinisator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 561 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 August 2015 - 09:34 PM

I had hoped for an event where CW is included. What is this, PGI? You want to try out how many blows CW and its (low) player base can take?
Whoever has come up with this event should reconsider some aspects of it (excluding most players (I dare to say) from the grabbing, non CW).

#56 Koniks

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 1,301 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 09:41 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 24 August 2015 - 05:01 PM, said:

I'm really just talking about the Resistance variant (the variant that gets you the C-bill bonus).

They already did something similar to this for the Wave 3 "Summer Cooldown event" (or Heat Wave - I don't remember the actual event name). I don't think this trend will stop.

http://mwomercs.com/...ts?t=201506wave

Everyone was eligible for grab bags. They gave an extra set of them to Wave 3 owners. This time only Resistance owners are eligible.

#57 STEF_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 24 August 2015 - 09:46 PM

I'm in!
Never enough c-bills for engines and modules....

#58 meteorol

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,848 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 09:47 PM

Dislike.

Really not cool to limit the bonus gifts to pack owners. Why don't you do it like the last event, everyone could get the bonus gift but pack owners got free ones (i got 16 free gifts last event iirc).

Excluding large of the playerbase from those gifts because they didn't pay for a very specific thing is not a good move. Seems like an attempt to sell some more Resistance packs.

#59 Chuanhao

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 520 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 24 August 2015 - 09:51 PM

Does everyone get to earn more c-bills just by doing nothing more than playing as usual?

YES!

Does it reward more those that are willing to spend on the game vs those that enjoy it for free?

YES!

Has this kind of event happened in the past, and as such, owners of past packs have had their opportunity for exclusive rewards and have cashed-in?

YES!

So, there is nothing to complain about, just a big fat THANK YOU.

And await the September 17th 2nd Anniversary announcement. Hopefully, that is more like the 1st anniversary type (Free “Norn” “Hero” Mechs) than the end-of-beta official launch type (“24” hanging item)

(Disclaimer: I don't own R1 or R2)

Edited by Chuanhao, 24 August 2015 - 10:34 PM.

#60 meteorol

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,848 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 10:08 PM

View PostChuanhao, on 24 August 2015 - 09:51 PM, said:

[url=""%5D%5B/url%5D[color=#000000]Does everyone get to earn more c-bills just by doing nothing more than playing as usual?[/color]

[color=#000000]YES![/color]

[color=#000000]Does it reward more those that are willing to spend on the game vs those that enjoy it for free?[/color]

[color=#000000]Has this kind of event happened in the past, and as such, owners of past packs have had their opportunity for exclusive rewards and have cashed-in?[/color]

[color=#000000]So, there is nothing to complain about, just a big fat THANK YOU.[/color]

[color=#000000]And await the September 17th 2nd Anniversary announcement. Hopefully, that is more like the 1st anniversary type (Free “Norn” “Hero” Mechs) than the end-of-beta official launch type (“24” hanging item)[/color]

(Disclaimer: I don't own R1 or R2)

Your color coding doesn't work.
Wave III didn't get an exclusive event fox example, it was open for everyone. The problem is not rewarding people who spent money on this game, the problem is rewarding those who spent money in a very specific way (or are about to spent because they are bribed by the event), while others who spent money in a comparable way (any other pack) don't get rewarded in a compareable way.

If you want to reward people for spending money, you have to reward everyone equally.
Just look at what pheonix owners got with Phoenix rising event. They were able to vote if the pack goes on sale again and got a 5% LP boost cockpit item. Wow. Spectacular. Those Phoenix pack owners cashed in hard for sure.

You can't limit great events to one type of pack owners while making others, who spent just as much money, play for rewards that outright s*ck in their event.

They should just do it like the wave III event. Give everyone the chance to own the gifts, but hand out free ones to pack owners.

Edited by meteorol, 24 August 2015 - 10:11 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users