- - - - -

How Can I Do A Gift To An Other Player

21 replies to this topic

#1 TheLuc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 746 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 07:55 AM

Hi guys, not that I'm a new player but I really have no clue how to do a gift to an other player,

two of my pals on both BDay, one in December and my other pal in April, to both I wish do gift them 3 Mechs each so they can master without paying real money or go through the painful grind.

So how I proceed ?

Thanks

Edited by TheLuc, 25 August 2015 - 08:00 AM.

#2 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 25 August 2015 - 08:43 AM

at current the only way to do that is to buy Mechs in the gift store,

to get 3 Mechs from the same chassis you would have to purchase Mechs from a pack, you can purchase any tier of any pack (except Founders or Phoenix which are no longer sold) in the gift store, just bear in mind Resistance 2 and Origins are not yet ingame.

it is a shame the mastery bundles and MC are not in the gift store, if they were there are several friends who I likely would have gifted a a bundle or 2 (or perhaps the MC to purchase them) to try to get them into MWO.

unless you want to give them Lights the only options for just 3 would be an "a la carte" purchace, but I am uncertain if you can gift an "a la carte" set

Edited by Rogue Jedi, 25 August 2015 - 08:43 AM.

#3 TheLuc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 746 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 09:42 AM

so once i did the purchases I need, I give them the code right ?

#4 Chocowolf Sradac

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 306 posts
  • LocationStar Colonel, Clan Wolf, 4th Wolf guard, Alpha Galaxy

Posted 25 August 2015 - 10:10 AM

View PostTheLuc, on 25 August 2015 - 09:42 AM, said:

correct once purchased you give them the code to redeem

again that is the only way to give players stuff. Most packages or al la carte comes with 3 mechs and mechbays for them. For either clan or resistance have a prime variant which gives an additional %30 cbills

To give a player 3 mechs of the same chasis your options is pretty much either lowest tier of the clan or resistance package since you get 3 mechs including the Invasion (I) or Resistance ( R ) variant which has the %30 cbill bonus. The lowest tier packages also includes faction content which gives them a camo scheme, faction mug, faction warhorn and faction hanging item of choice

You can get them the Urbanmech package which has 3 mechs

and Lastly you can al la carte a mech chasis from any one of the 3 clan waves or resistance which just buys that chasis by itself.

These players can upgrade these packages later if they so choose to higher tiered ones without having to rebuy the already owned content

Edited by Chocowolf, 25 August 2015 - 11:25 AM.

#5 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 01:20 PM

View PostTheLuc, on 25 August 2015 - 09:42 AM, said:

buy the gift here:
https://mwomercs.com/gifts
then you will be emailed a code
forward the code to its intended recipient, who can then redeem the code here:
https://mwomercs.com/profile/redeem
after redemption the content should be with the player within an hour.

#6 Timicon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 02:25 PM

Concerning gifts, as the OP asked, I was talking wit a mate in-game yesterday and he said something about a transfer link, where you can give your friend C-Bills if they are in need of them.
I was just wondering if that was a true thing and if so, how is it you go about it?

#7 TheLuc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 746 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 02:36 PM

Thanks ChocoWolf, cant write up what i was to purchase for them as they might read it, already if they stumble on it, they will have a big hint.

there is no transfer link of any kind, smells scam to me.

#8 Timicon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 02:44 PM

View PostTheLuc, on 25 August 2015 - 02:36 PM, said:

Thanks ChocoWolf, cant write up what i was to purchase for them as they might read it, already if they stumble on it, they will have a big hint.

there is no transfer link of any kind, smells scam to me.

Yeah, that is what I thought as well, which is why I did not continue the conversation with him about it.
I know you could do that kind of thing in MW: LL, but I kind of figured that such a thing would not be applicable in MWO.

#9 Timicon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 02:56 PM

On another question, sorry, since my 'Mech of choice is the Hunchback-4J (Harumi), I was wondering if it was feasble to equip a Command Module on my 'Mech, since I am a long range fire support 'Mech, but not really sure if it something that would well with the Hunchback. Like I said before, I am a long range fire suport 'Mech, so would be useful to equip one or just pass over it and go for something a little more feasable to use, like finally equipping the modules I have spare of ER L lasers and extended range LRM (both 5 and 10 - artemis both of them)?

Sorry for the noob questions. I have only been playing for just over half a year now and still not quite sure as to what everything does or which 'Mechs they work best on.

#10 Karmen Baric

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts
  • LocationSarna

Posted 25 August 2015 - 03:15 PM

View PostLeif Tanner, on 25 August 2015 - 02:56 PM, said:

On another question, sorry, since my 'Mech of choice is the Hunchback-4J (Harumi), I was wondering if it was feasble to equip a Command Module on my 'Mech, since I am a long range fire support 'Mech, but not really sure if it something that would well with the Hunchback. Like I said before, I am a long range fire suport 'Mech, so would be useful to equip one or just pass over it and go for something a little more feasable to use, like finally equipping the modules I have spare of ER L lasers and extended range LRM (both 5 and 10 - artemis both of them)?

Sorry for the noob questions. I have only been playing for just over half a year now and still not quite sure as to what everything does or which 'Mechs they work best on.

if you mean the command console, im not sure why you would bother tbh. For 3 tons to get a slight extra zoom, sensor range: and target info. Id add a bigger engine to be more modile or more ammo or back up wepons over that.
What i would get is the target decay mdoule for the 4j

#11 Chocowolf Sradac

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 306 posts
  • LocationStar Colonel, Clan Wolf, 4th Wolf guard, Alpha Galaxy

Posted 25 August 2015 - 03:46 PM

I agree for most mechs the 3 tonnes for the command module really isn't worth it for the bonuses you get. Your better off with more heatsinks or ammo especially on the 4J Hunchback. It's same thing with the Clan targeting computers as most are not worth it for the slots and tonnage they take up other then the mk.1

but no there is no transfer system of any kind in this game at least not any official way I know of. Sending someone a gift via a purchased code is at the moment the only way to send another player anything

When it comes to IS mechs take attention to the Mech's quirks which usually will give bonuses for specific weapons or weapon types. These quirks are very beneficial for some mechs making them very powerful and usually will give you a good hint as to what the intended loadout should be.

Edited by Chocowolf, 25 August 2015 - 03:52 PM.

#12 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 12:22 AM

I am pretty sure Command Console can only be fitted to Heavy and Assault Mechs, so there is no way to fit it to the Hunchback, although I could be wrong

#13 Narcissistic Martyr

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 4,242 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY

Posted 26 August 2015 - 06:38 PM

Alternatively since they're your friends, you could, hypothetically, purchase the pack for them if they were to say.... log into your computer and forget to log off and you bought some MC on their account.

This is of course against ToS so you shouldn't intentionally do something like that... but if it WERE to accidentally happen your goal would be achieved.

#14 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 26 August 2015 - 06:57 PM

CC can only be fitted on heavies, and assaults. It also does not help LRM mechs, BAP is more useful for half the weight.

#15 TheLuc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 746 posts

Posted 27 August 2015 - 12:21 AM

Narcissistic Martyr, I could if I would be in same country. Since i moved on the other side on the Atlantic I will have to use the store.

On a side note, is it me or Mechs are very expensive ? seems out of price for a virtual pack of data on a game that can close at any given time.

#16 Ace Selin

• 2,534 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 27 August 2015 - 03:30 AM

View PostTheLuc, on 27 August 2015 - 12:21 AM, said:

Narcissistic Martyr, I could if I would be in same country. Since i moved on the other side on the Atlantic I will have to use the store.

On a side note, is it me or Mechs are very expensive ? seems out of price for a virtual pack of data on a game that can close at any given time.
youre not the only one who thinks that way

#17 TheLuc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 746 posts

Posted 27 August 2015 - 05:20 AM

Glad to know Ace Selin that I'm not the only one,

Thing is that MWO has the most Friendly community unlike any other online game, I got this gut feeling that MWO is also very tight in regards of Finance. The basics of the game are mostly covered but the really need to fix CW and add a solo and coop mode against an AI to lure the none PVP crowd.

Playing Solaris over and over is fun but to keep players in the game need to offer more. All previous installments of Mechwarrior was mission based and thats what is missing here.

Lets say I have time to consider if it would not be better to ship a present instead of going for Mechs.

#18 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 27 August 2015 - 05:29 AM

View PostTheLuc, on 27 August 2015 - 05:20 AM, said:

Glad to know Ace Selin that I'm not the only one,

Thing is that MWO has the most Friendly community unlike any other online game, I got this gut feeling that MWO is also very tight in regards of Finance. The basics of the game are mostly covered but the really need to fix CW and add a solo and coop mode against an AI to lure the none PVP crowd.

Playing Solaris over and over is fun but to keep players in the game need to offer more. All previous installments of Mechwarrior was mission based and thats what is missing here.

Lets say I have time to consider if it would not be better to ship a present instead of going for Mechs.

Rejoice! Thanks to the September Roadmap post, we know they are introducing a brand new tutorial for new players, and it seems it will serve as the foundation for the PVE experience that many have asked for

(I will edit this post in a few seconds with links)

EDIT: http://mwomercs.com/...e__pid__4646011 <---- Link

Edited by IraqiWalker, 27 August 2015 - 05:29 AM.

#19 TheLuc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 746 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 05:15 AM

Thx for the Info IraqiWalker, I still will take time to consider regarding the presents.

#20 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 10:02 AM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 27 August 2015 - 05:29 AM, said:

Rejoice! Thanks to the September Roadmap post, we know they are introducing a brand new tutorial for new players, and it seems it will serve as the foundation for the PVE experience that many have asked for

(I will edit this post in a few seconds with links)

EDIT: http://mwomercs.com/...e__pid__4646011 <---- Link

I have tried the tutorial on the public test and it looks pretty good, and is a massive improvement over the current one, although it still has a few bugs

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users