#61 DarklightCA

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 774 posts
  • LocationToronto, Ontario

Posted 01 September 2015 - 09:34 AM

View PostCoolant, on 01 September 2015 - 09:16 AM, said:

So, the solution would be to have the 4-man CW. If we only had 3 on and picked up a PUG to complete the 4th it wouldn't be so bad as facing a whole unit of 9-12.

You could try recruiting. If you only got a few players, you could try and use them to go around community teamspeaks and play with other people. You could field 12 man teams with random people that you can communicate with and work with in CW as well as the chance to recruit some of those players into your unit. It's a win/win really for that problem you are having.

Edited by l)arklight, 01 September 2015 - 09:35 AM.

#62 Apnu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,083 posts
  • LocationMidWest

Posted 01 September 2015 - 10:49 AM

View PostRahul Roy, on 01 September 2015 - 08:58 AM, said:

One ironic thing is that kind of development (make it up as you go along) actually did work for a while.

Trends would come to light, there would be changes to address them, for the most part they seemed to have the desired effect.

For the last 4-6 months however it feels like there have been almost no changes. I wouldn't be surprised if that's exactly what happened, if the majority of dev effort has been switched to other things.

The part that's disappointing is they don't even seem to make the seemingly easy changes (like rewards adjustments, deck tonnage limits, involving CW in events). Even diehard players have gotten bored since nothing at all is changing anymore.

Yes. They also some kind of framework or outline or direction for that part of the game otherwise it meanders and becomes garbage. It wasn't great to begin with. I was astonished at the time they released it.

It is boring, and frankly the wrong idea, IMO.

PGI should have found a way to make the existing game modes and maps work in CW. Less work to get off the ground then they could take the time with Invasion mode. Simpler too. Russ has complained on twitter and in town halls regularly about putting players in "buckets" and "having too many buckets" Yet CW is another huge bucket for players. He's right, its too much but they went that way any how and I can't figure out why.

They've spent a lot of time and money on CW that's been underwhelming to say the least. Seems like they're doing things the hard way and have forgotten the basics of programming: RECYCLE CODE and THINGS!

Had they recycled maps and modes for CW and found a way to make Assault matches work for flipping planets, they wouldn't have needed to rush out CW to make good on a promise. They could have dropped Invasion mode after the fact and I don't think anybody would have complained. As it is, getting the kinks out of Invasion turned out to be a much bigger problem than they thought and now its mired in development hell.

#63 Kdogg788

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,314 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 10:52 AM

I thought that the original plan was that we would be grouped by faction in most regular games and that the results would count toward planet ownership. I was surprised at the time to see the dropship mode become the be all end all of CW.

-k

#64 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 01 September 2015 - 08:49 PM

View PostVxheous Kerensky, on 01 September 2015 - 03:31 AM, said:

3 pub matches usually net me closer to 450,000 (I usually make 150k+ a match) vs 1 CW match where I make 600-800K (minus 320K for burning 4 arty and 4 UAV) So earning wise, I make alot more net profit in pub matches, but I actually enjoy CW, and since I usually drop with no less than 8 unit members, all my CW games are fun

premium mech/ premium time?

#65 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 01 September 2015 - 09:07 PM

View PostNightshade24, on 01 September 2015 - 08:49 PM, said:

premium mech/ premium time?

No, I drop a standard variant Hellbringer with Gauss + 5ML for solo queue, and usually do 700-1000 dmg/game with it. I do have premium time, but the earnings I listed is actually the non-premium earnings, with premium, it's more like 200-225K/game.

In CW, I usually have 1-3 Invasion variants, so my earnings is higher there, but still less/time than pub match.

#66 Red Legs Greaves

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
  • 348 posts
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 01 September 2015 - 09:35 PM

View Postl)arklight, on 01 September 2015 - 09:34 AM, said:

You could try recruiting. If you only got a few players, you could try and use them to go around community teamspeaks and play with other people. You could field 12 man teams with random people that you can communicate with and work with in CW as well as the chance to recruit some of those players into your unit. It's a win/win really for that problem you are having.

Having recently broken up my small 12 man unit I can say this is very difficult to do. It's sort of a paradox that in order to get people to join your unit you have to already have a lot of people. No one is going to pick a 12 man unit over a 50+ member unit because the 50 man is obliviously doing something right, so why even consider the smaller unit. It was better before CW because people a lot of times picked their unit for the flavor or the background of the units. Now since the faction emblem next to your name means jack people just go where they can get games and switch factions like socks.

#67 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 01 September 2015 - 09:49 PM

View PostVxheous Kerensky, on 01 September 2015 - 09:07 PM, said:

No, I drop a standard variant Hellbringer with Gauss + 5ML for solo queue, and usually do 700-1000 dmg/game with it. I do have premium time, but the earnings I listed is actually the non-premium earnings, with premium, it's more like 200-225K/game.

In CW, I usually have 1-3 Invasion variants, so my earnings is higher there, but still less/time than pub match.

what I used was slightly higher then the MW:O average stistic of 70k per game. This does include poor games and such as well.

You normally get around 3000+ damage in CW? I would assume you would reach the million+ c-bills in CW then- that or you are less efficient in CW then what you are in relativity in pugs.

#68 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 11:47 PM

View PostNightshade24, on 01 September 2015 - 09:49 PM, said:

what I used was slightly higher then the MW:O average stistic of 70k per game. This does include poor games and such as well.

You normally get around 3000+ damage in CW? I would assume you would reach the million+ c-bills in CW then- that or you are less efficient in CW then what you are in relativity in pugs.

It has more to do with the fact that I drop in CW with my unit, and when everyone pulls 1000-1500 damage, the game is over at 48 kills. Compare this to solo queue where you can hard carry games often, especially in a hellbringer without a red dorito over your head. I went over a bunch of screenshots with 48 kills, and the average damage per player for 48 kills is around 1200 damage/player.

1/2 Unit:
Posted Image

Full Unit: (this was a full 12 man Unit vs full 12 man Unit game, but I covered up the Unit tag as I do not want to cause trouble from said unit)
Posted Image

Edited by Vxheous Kerensky, 01 September 2015 - 11:55 PM.

#69 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 02 September 2015 - 12:27 AM

View PostVxheous Kerensky, on 01 September 2015 - 11:47 PM, said:

It has more to do with the fact that I drop in CW with my unit, and when everyone pulls 1000-1500 damage, the game is over at 48 kills. Compare this to solo queue where you can hard carry games often, especially in a hellbringer without a red dorito over your head. I went over a bunch of screenshots with 48 kills, and the average damage per player for 48 kills is around 1200 damage/player.

1/2 Unit:
Posted Image

Full Unit: (this was a full 12 man Unit vs full 12 man Unit game, but I covered up the Unit tag as I do not want to cause trouble from said unit)
Posted Image

interesting.

Personally I have never reached 2k+ damage in CW (I blame the fact I play clan instead of IS).
Interesting to see these screenshots... also is AWOL part of SWOL out of curiosity?

#70 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 12:28 AM

View PostNightshade24, on 02 September 2015 - 12:27 AM, said:

interesting.

Personally I have never reached 2k+ damage in CW (I blame the fact I play clan instead of IS).
Interesting to see these screenshots... also is AWOL part of SWOL out of curiosity?

No we are not a part of SWOL, but we can continue this in a PM or something, don't want to derail the thread

Edited by Vxheous Kerensky, 02 September 2015 - 12:28 AM.

#71 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,443 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 02 September 2015 - 12:47 AM

View PostNightshade24, on 01 September 2015 - 03:29 AM, said:

Lucky you- the only 12man premades I can get with are 228's and stuff...

but the problem is I do not want to be with them- they are fine chaps, very funny, not bad players, good sports, etc.

my problem is that they kill everything before I can even get a kill assist because I do not maximise my mechs for getting over 200 damage in a split second- I build a mech like a normal person who doesn't always have 11 other identical mechs alpha'ing the same group of targets.

I do not like going with the very high e-sporty guys and I kinda preffer a 12 man of pugs and small groups- my problem is if I don't join them- I fight them, and I get a 12 man meta team on the other side ready to destroy everything I know and love.

Wait times is a honest reason- however it does depend on timezone. Sometimes my wait time is longer then an average CW wait time just by playing normal que because I'm in european main-time and not the US one. (I live in New Zealand, Oceanic and US server is a comfortable 242 ping while EU is 330' aka not really practical- this is enough for me to lead a laser the same way a guy leads an AC 20 at closer ranges.) (also on topic of servers- am I the only one pissed of that the "Oceanic server" is no where near the middle of the bulk of Oceania but instead it is in asia?)

Wait times are a thing with all game modes. If I had the option I would exclusively play CW- sadly I can only do it on events like tukayiid where even if it's a 12 man enemy team- it isn't always a meta team and a few inspirational words on the team VOIP and quotes from lord of the rings, dragon age, battletech, and sparta you annihilate the enemy team reguradless of tech, faction, premades, etc... thsi reminds me when is the next event like this- I REALLY want one...

I warmly suggest that you join CWI... we have a training program that will get you up to speed and teach you how to use what you'v got to its max potencial.

We don't drop competitively, we drop for fun and for the victory. Our 12-mans have a commander, who you lisen to, and who makes use of what you brought - nobody will ever tell you what build to bring, only what weight category.

We are a lore based unit - we are not mercstar or the 228's..

#72 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 02 September 2015 - 03:12 AM

View PostVellron2005, on 02 September 2015 - 12:47 AM, said:

I warmly suggest that you join CWI... we have a training program that will get you up to speed and teach you how to use what you'v got to its max potencial.

We don't drop competitively, we drop for fun and for the victory. Our 12-mans have a commander, who you lisen to, and who makes use of what you brought - nobody will ever tell you what build to bring, only what weight category.

We are a lore based unit - we are not mercstar or the 228's..

as much as I appreciate this response- it is quite contradictory for the last time I dropped with CWI- in short high pressure for me to take a ice ferret and do a specific SRM build and such-

I do love my ice ferret but I prefer it (as a main) as a ER PPC running around and shoot at anything that doesn't give any attention to me and run away and snipe at the things that do give attention. I do not like specific ferret-balls of SRM generator hunters getting less income then lossing in a normal match but finally getting consistent wins in CW.

This rather sour taste in my mouth that gave me the illusion the only way to win CW as a clanner (without praying for a noobish 12 pug enemy team) is to rather be in a high e-sporty group (ie mercstar or 228 [not that I hate 228's, fun people and nice to chat with...]) or going to desperate tactics with poor rewards. Was this day where I left CW and only ever returned for [some] events...

Granted this didn't give me a sour taste for CWI- I know the circumstances and arrangements are different and that was probably a 1 week kinda deal and not the average drops.

I might try and get back with CW and play with CWI... however joining a unit is not high on my lists... currently 2nd in command of CGSI (which is kinda close to CWI) and I am thinking that I am having issues maintaining a presence in CGSI due to timezones and medical problems and the restrictions to factions and contracts and stuff kind of make me feel like I long to be more of a lonewolf rather then a full time member of any unit...

#73 Livewyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,733 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 02 September 2015 - 03:18 AM

Has there been any word on PGI removing the availability of trial mechs in community warfare drop decks?

#74 Zolaz

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationHouston, Tx

Posted 02 September 2015 - 01:17 PM

View PostMystere, on 30 August 2015 - 02:53 PM, said:

Then please explain to me why the PvP servers/areas of MMOs are initially highly populated, but then soon experience massive player exodus to the PvE side? Why do multi-player game initially start with "(almost) all areas are open to PvP" but then eventually experience loud outcries for more "safe areas" until eventually further PvP development dies down?

We both know why ... it is because your socks hurt and you leave.

#75 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 02 September 2015 - 02:12 PM

Well, there's a bribe today for Marik and Liao... if anyone cared.

#76 Marvyn Dodgers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,859 posts
  • LocationCanuck transplanted in the US

Posted 04 September 2015 - 03:25 PM

Not sure how the OP thought this was constructive, jett comming

#77 Sizzles

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,221 posts
  • LocationWaiting in line for his UrbanMech UM-PP.

Posted 04 September 2015 - 04:18 PM

Communications for the Jettcomm Gods!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users