- - - - -

Returning Player. Should I Start A New Account?

Question Help Me

31 replies to this topic

#21 TWIAFU

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationBell's Brewery, MI

Posted 27 August 2015 - 05:20 AM

View PostRace Bannon, on 26 August 2015 - 02:37 AM, said:

Thanks for the quick reply, much appreciated. Is there any way I can check I still have a cadet bonus?

Edit: Sorry, I didn't even see the second post before I replied! Got it, thanks for the information guys. As long as I'm not hamstrung by having an ancient account I barely used :)

Thanks, see you in game!

You won't be hamstrung by it.

In hindsight, the only reason I would make or should have made a second account is one for IS and one for Clan mechs.

Welcome back and never be afraid to ask questions, the only dumb question is the one going unasked.

;)

#22 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 27 August 2015 - 07:17 AM

View PostRace Bannon, on 27 August 2015 - 12:37 AM, said:

Wow thanks for all the replies guys, interesting reading. I managed to get about 10 games in last night. Verdict: I'm terrible in Heavy and Assault at the moment, and anything slow that required tactical positioning and movement. I somehow always got absolutely swarmed by smaller mechs pecking away at me.

My most successful game in the trial mechs so far was definitely the Spider (Can't remember what version is free currently). I stayed alive, team won, I got seven assists and was a general menace all game. Also had some results in the Stormcrow (I think?). So I'm definitely still favouring starting with a light/medium. When do the trial mechs change? And is there a list of what is due in the next rotation?

you are not the only one who cannot "get" assaults, I my self suffer from that issue, you mention not being able to do well in the Heavies as well, have you tried any of the Clan Heavies? they tend to be significantly faster than most IS Heavies and handle more like most IS Mediums.

You mention enjoying the Spider, it is my personal favorite chassis, there is the "stealth" variant, the 5D which can fit an ECM and upto 3 lasers, but it is less mobile than the others with a max possible speed after you unlock the Elite level skill "speed tweak" of 151KPH,

the 5K is a great harasser, or murderer of lone enemies, find a Mech with an open component and the 4 MGs make short work of its internals, these days a lot of players put 10 points or less of armor on there back, that is excellent in the 5K, the ERLL will remove most of that armor then the MGs and ERLL will put the Mech down fast, even if it is an assault.

the 5V is in my opinion the absolute most fun Mech in the game, but it is also the least heavily armed, it can only carry 2 energy weapons in the CT, meaning 2 small/medium or 1 Large class laser. the max possible DPS would be 2 MPL.
While the Locust and some Commandos can go 2-3 kph faster they cannot jump, The 5V can mount 12 Jump Jets, which combined with its high speed makes it almost impossible to chase down, and able to get to places or take shortcuts no other Mech can. my build uses 2 MPL 11 Jumpjets and an XL280 engine, it moves at about 180kph with speed tweak

#23 Race Bannon

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • 14 posts
  • LocationLondon UK

Posted 28 August 2015 - 01:07 AM

Hiya guys! Thanks again for all the advice. All read and appreciated.

So I finished my 25 Cadet games last night, came out with about 9 mil C bills, and plumped for the Hunchback 4H. So far I've upgraded his engine to a 250, dropped some of the extra lasers.

I got my first nailed on solo kill last night, which was exhilarating! I snook behind a Light Mech on the swamp map, and unloaded everything on the storm crow into his back and blew him to high heaven. I over heated and got taken out myself in the ensuing frenzy, but it felt pretty good. Went on to have a decent game in an Assault also, winning, staying alive and scoring a kill in the Dire Wolf.

#24 VorpalAnvil

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 724 posts
  • LocationThe Cantillon Brewery

Posted 28 August 2015 - 01:20 AM

Race effin Bannon!?!?!?!

#25 Race Bannon

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • 14 posts
  • LocationLondon UK

Posted 28 August 2015 - 01:27 AM

Haha, the guy is straight up Alpha male

#26 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 28 August 2015 - 01:28 AM

1 million c-bills is about 10 good games, 5 amazing games, 3 amazing games with premium time (ish), 2 very very good games with premium time and a premiume mech.

or 20 very bad mechs that you probably spent more time shooting at your afk team mates and then dying then actually doing something, or 15 bad games.

1 mill is still usefull and if you happened to buy any MC in that time this would also reward you with a centurion AH (L).

Edited by Nightshade24, 28 August 2015 - 01:29 AM.

#27 Race Bannon

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • 14 posts
  • LocationLondon UK

Posted 28 August 2015 - 01:42 AM

Also, I have another question. As I've only got one mech owned at the minute, do any additional weapons I buy/weaponry that came with it's chassis, go into my stock pile of weapons owned? So if I buy an AC/20 for my HBK, can I then stick that on another chassis I own? Or do I have to buy another one every time?

Edited by Race Bannon, 28 August 2015 - 01:43 AM.

#28 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 01:56 AM

View PostRace Bannon, on 28 August 2015 - 01:42 AM, said:

Also, I have another question. As I've only got one mech owned at the minute, do any additional weapons I buy/weaponry that came with it's chassis, go into my stock pile of weapons owned? So if I buy an AC/20 for my HBK, can I then stick that on another chassis I own? Or do I have to buy another one every time?

you can remove that AC20 from the HBK and put it on any IS Mech capable of fitting it (many cannot fit an AC20), the Clan Mechs have different weapons so your AC20 will not go on any Clan Mech regardless of space or tonnage.

you cannot fit the same weapon on multiple Mechs at the same time, so if you wanted to leave the AC20 on the HBK and fit an AC20 to e.g. a Jagermech you would have to purchase another.

For your information the HBK 4G comes with an AC20 and has excellent AC20 quirks, 25% faster rate of fire, 25% range and 25% velocity. Tthe 4H, which I assume you have based on your desire to purchase an AC20, gets 20% range and rate of fire for the AC10 but only 10% for the AC20. do whatever you want with that information

#29 Race Bannon

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • 14 posts
  • LocationLondon UK

Posted 28 August 2015 - 02:03 AM

Ah right, that is useful info. Where does that information come up when viewing in the store?

#30 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 28 August 2015 - 02:23 AM

View PostRace Bannon, on 28 August 2015 - 02:03 AM, said:

Ah right, that is useful info. Where does that information come up when viewing in the store?

It's listed in the mech details, under "quirks"
Or if you hover your mouse over the mech's portrait

#31 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 04:27 AM

View PostRace Bannon, on 28 August 2015 - 02:03 AM, said:

IraqiWalker told you were to look, what you will see is a list of individual items, including range, velocity (projectile speed) duration (time between starting and finishing firing) cool down (recharge/reload time) as well as armor/structure and mobility,

the quirks are listed as a % for the weapon type, in this case ballistic and a % for the specific weapon, you add the 2 together if you are fitting the named weapon, so the AC10 on the 4H gets 10% Ballistic and 10% AC10, equaling 20% total, the AC20 only gets the 10% ballistic.

other types of weapon work on a similar principal, energy quirks affect all Lasers, PPCs and Flamers, missile quirks affect all LRMs, SRMs, and SSRMs, unless a quirk names a specific weapon (e.g. Medium Pulse Laser LRM5, Gauss Rifle) it affects every weapon in its type, for example a pulse laser quirk would affect any pulse laser, a quirk for the "Medium Laser family" would affect anything with medium and laser in its name.

#32 Race Bannon

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • 14 posts
  • LocationLondon UK

Posted 28 August 2015 - 04:35 AM

Makes sense. Thanks guys. Maybe I'll work on a AC10 build for my first chassis then.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users