11 replies to this topic

#1 GnawTsatyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 730 posts
  • LocationFrog-humping you like a Jenner

Posted 26 August 2015 - 02:24 AM

I don't own any Resistance packages. I discovered after several matches tonight that playing any mech that is not a special [R] variant does not merit the grab bag reward. A "qualifying" match with any mech other than [R] variants only gives you a meager C-Bill bonus.

The bottom line for me is that this boils down to a challenge that is exclusively for Resistance package purchasers and only rewards grab bags to people who spent real money on those mechs. For those who think this upsets me because they think I am just a complaining cheapskate, know that I have already shelled out almost $800 USD on this game. I just don't have the Resistance packs.

The use of the term "Blood Pact" is very loose and misleading. I'm not really sure what it is because its spoken of as if we are all already supposed to know. It seems that Blood Pact is really just a Real-Money Pact.

I do not understand why this challenge is so focused on rewarding only a small percentage of specific mech owners. It is VERY INSULTING to the players that dedicated so much time and real money to other aspects of the game.

Boo PGI. Boo.

#2 Red0ubt

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 26 August 2015 - 03:06 AM

I know quite a few guys that have purchased more then three quaters of mech packs. There should be some sort of exception for them, your loyal supporters. Some of them have been here from day one.

Its kind of mech racism. Why does one group get an advantage over another. Imagine if you did that in general society, you'd be lynched on public opinion alone.

#3 AdamBaines

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 08:37 AM

View PostGnawTsatyr, on 26 August 2015 - 02:24 AM, said:

I don't own any Resistance packages. I discovered after several matches tonight that playing any mech that is not a special [R] variant does not merit the grab bag reward. A "qualifying" match with any mech other than [R] variants only gives you a meager C-Bill bonus.

The bottom line for me is that this boils down to a challenge that is exclusively for Resistance package purchasers and only rewards grab bags to people who spent real money on those mechs. For those who think this upsets me because they think I am just a complaining cheapskate, know that I have already shelled out almost $800 USD on this game. I just don't have the Resistance packs.

The use of the term "Blood Pact" is very loose and misleading. I'm not really sure what it is because its spoken of as if we are all already supposed to know. It seems that Blood Pact is really just a Real-Money Pact.

I do not understand why this challenge is so focused on rewarding only a small percentage of specific mech owners. It is VERY INSULTING to the players that dedicated so much time and real money to other aspects of the game.

Boo PGI. Boo.

Could not disagree more. We have many events for the general public. There SHOULD be exclusive events for those who spend the good chunk of change on this game, and there should be levels of that as well. I for one did not buy the total resistance pack one and so are not able to participate FULLY in the event. But I can still use the single mech I bought in the presale (Panther) for the extra boosts, just not the little extras goodie bag button. And thats the way it should be. You support more you get more extras.

People who have never spent a cent on this game still get tons for extras and free-bes. Just not in this one.

#4 bossclan

• PipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 89 posts
  • LocationIndiana United States

Posted 26 August 2015 - 08:46 AM

I have the blood pact , and everything else ,so i am going to enjoy this weekend.

#5 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 26 August 2015 - 12:09 PM

if you read the announcement it clearly said what you can get, namely upto 10 million cbills for playing any Mech, upto another 10 million for playing the ® varients, and the upto 100 grab bags if you own all of both Resistance packs.

if you did not buy any pack you can still get upto an extra 10 million cbills for playing during the event, that is far from nothing.

I will say again,
read the announcement

as much as anything this event seems aimed at getting those who own partial packs from 1 and 2 to upgrade to full by offering maximum "bang for your buck"

#6 GnawTsatyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 730 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 01:25 PM

View PostGnawTsatyr, on 26 August 2015 - 02:24 AM, said:

For those who think this upsets me because they think I am just a complaining cheapskate, know that I have already shelled out almost $800 USD on this game. I just don't have the Resistance packs.

View PostAdamBaines, on 26 August 2015 - 08:37 AM, said:

People who have never spent a cent on this game still get tons for extras and free-bes. Just not in this one.

You quote my entire post and end on that note? Shame. Shame on you.

View PostRogue Jedi, on 26 August 2015 - 12:09 PM, said:

as much as anything this event seems aimed at getting those who own partial packs from 1 and 2 to upgrade

Nail on the head. Thanks for proving my point.

I read the "announcement". This is the aspect that is disappointing. Thanks for saying it for me.

#7 GnawTsatyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 730 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 01:31 PM

View Postbossclan, on 26 August 2015 - 08:46 AM, said:

I have the blood pact , and everything else ,so i am going to enjoy this weekend.

You, sir, are a fine American. Thanks for supporting our troops. Enjoy your weekend.

#8 AdamBaines

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 05:31 PM

View PostGnawTsatyr, on 26 August 2015 - 01:25 PM, said:

You quote my entire post and end on that note? Shame. Shame on you.

Nail on the head. Thanks for proving my point.

I read the "announcement". This is the aspect that is disappointing. Thanks for saying it for me.

Huh?

#9 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 28 August 2015 - 11:25 PM

View PostRed0ubt, on 26 August 2015 - 03:06 AM, said:

I know quite a few guys that have purchased more then three quaters of mech packs. There should be some sort of exception for them, your loyal supporters. Some of them have been here from day one.

Its kind of mech racism. Why does one group get an advantage over another. Imagine if you did that in general society, you'd be lynched on public opinion alone.

not really, those events are made for specific groups, And I guess we will see further events for specific groups. All in all I like that because it gives reasons to pilot those mechs and you also will see a bit more mechvariety.

#10 B L O O D W I T C H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,426 posts

Posted 29 August 2015 - 02:31 AM

i don't care for resistance or blood or packs or whatever.
all i know is get 10 millions for free. yay.

#11 Ano

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 637 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 29 August 2015 - 03:15 PM

While I get that it's disappointing to not be able to have something you want, "but I spent loads of money previously" doesn't really cut it.

If you don't pay your rent, and then tell your landlord "but I paid it last year", they'll still chuck you out of your home. While I'm sure PGI are happy you've spent money on MWO, depending on exactly what you spent it on, you've probably already had a bunch of "thank you" stuff -- loyalty mechs, bonus chances for grab bags in previous events, etc etc. You don't get to dine out on that forever.

#12 GI Journalist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Major
  • Senior Major
  • 595 posts

Posted 29 August 2015 - 07:06 PM

There's nothing wrong with the Blood Pact bonus as a reward for players who bought the Resistance packages. It's a nice perk for them.

However, promotions such as the Blood Pact are not the kind of event I want from this game.

I am looking for events that draw their inspiration from BattleTech fiction and have an impact on more players than the owners of a handful of 'Mechs. Give me a more involved event, and I am more likely to buy the appropriate Mechs for it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users