#1 Goose

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 3,463 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThat flattop, up the well, overhead

Posted 27 August 2015 - 02:44 PM

I'd left Armlock unbound since time immortal, but this tutorial couldn't handle it: Teh Captain ran out'a things to say when even rebinding a key to Armlock didn't fix anything. I even restarted the tutorial after picking an Amorlock, but when the time came, it was still listed as "UNBOUND" on the HUD, even though it worked. (That my own key mappings where acknowledged was a good thing.)

So I busted out'a the paddock, overheated a few times (earning commentary,) ran out'a ammo (silence,) then went off the map … At which point I re-spawned with full ammo! Nice, at any other time. I set my override, and did it again …

Maybe I can finish this, now that I've restarted the whole game …

Also:
  • In examining the HUD, "Backspace" is referred to for setting chainfire, not reflecting user mappings.
  • I got a spiel about cycle time once, and I'm not shore what I did different to trigger it.
  • Teh Captain needs a Highlander
  • I can get over them anti-tank caltrops.
  • The system overhead of the cutsceens landing, the first time though, was rather high: You'll wan'a hold them longer so it's not such a high percentage of time eating pop-in.
  • I know you what Teh Captian coming thought loud'n clear, but don't you have a standard written down, for what comms sound like, in-universe?
  • Why did the mini-map look funny?

Edited by Goose, 27 August 2015 - 04:59 PM.

#2 Goose

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 3,463 posts

Posted 27 August 2015 - 03:30 PM

View PostGoose, on 27 August 2015 - 02:44 PM, said:

Maybe I can finish this, now that I've restarted the whole game …

Nope: Tutorial Testing has stalled …

#3 Goose

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 3,463 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 09:18 PM

I'm a derp: I mapped the the arm-lock toggle, and not the other one, which was asked for.

So:
  • If you run a weapon out'a ammo before you get the Kitchen Sink Kill, you have to restart the Academy.
  • The OSK seems to require finding a 'Mech with thin enough rear armor, 'cause you can't head-cap and get it, nor does clocking something with an open torso seem to count.
  • I thing the most important lessen from Teh Gauntlet was to break up your weapon groups/ use chain fire, 'cause suppression fire was the name of the game.
  • If you turn on thermal to get the Commando, and it's the last kill for that segment, you pretty much miss out on Academy Money Shot.
  • Nothing about jump jets, that I saw. I think you could add a "high road" course for a small jumper within the same map grid as the other piloting test.
  • The weird thing about targeting the wrong 'Mech was extra bad here: I think I was up to three diamonds up on the compass, just sitting still, no-matter which I turned …

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users