Blood Moon Mc Sale - 20% Extra Mc! (Ended)

57 replies to this topic

#41 MrEdweird

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 273 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 02:24 AM

So there's like...7 lasers, 2 PPCs and an UAC5 on that thing with AMS....interesting.
I think it looks fine, i don't think they could have made it any other way. Hitboxes make a difference, they may have had to play around with the model to make it fit that.

I only wished that the cockpit would be more pointed forwards, so it has more of a sharp angle on the cockpit glass to accentuate the elongated head shape.

I find it funny that people complain about buying MC right before a sale...there's sales all the time, just wait for a sale and then buy, it should be easy to figure out. If you've given PGI more money than what you would have then that's great for them. If you're one of like ... 10 people who were actually affected ... why are you saying that this is a bad move? It's a bad move to give you a sale? So you're gonna complain to the store manager for a shop that you went to and you bought a TV at X price but a couple days later that got discounted so this is somehow unfair towards you? So, what, there should be a permanent MC sale, maybe then people will complain again and think that prices would be even lower...

Seriously, people, this is basic marketing stuff and PGI must have profits. A sale costs you less but gets more overall profits because more people actually purchase and the discounts calculated as such so that they match the needed profit margin. Use common sense and time your purchases. If it wasn't enticing to purchase to get something cool, they wouldn't be selling MC. Just show some patience and buy when the time is right - sure some of you are gonna miss the window - but you're calling not being able to cater to 100% of the playerbase's needs a bad move.

Edited by Edweird, 28 August 2015 - 02:33 AM.

#42 Audacious Aubergine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 03:23 AM

I sure hope no one jumped on the King Crab and Faction patterns sale as soon as it was announced, they'd be annoyed now that MC is cheaper as well

#43 LORD ORION

• Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 03:36 AM

There is nearly always a sale announced on Thrusday.

Wait until that day.

#44 Desintegrator

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,225 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 28 August 2015 - 05:47 AM

Great sale !

Time to get some Cbills...

#45 Gaussfather

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 310 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 06:08 AM

View PostArkhangel, on 27 August 2015 - 03:46 PM, said:

a better question is... why is there a UAC/5 on the arm? BKs are all energy boats.

I was thinking the same thing... but it would be great if they made one with some ballistic hard points. One of the reason I didn't buy the Resistance 2 package is that 3 of the mechs are all laser vomit builds. Why have 3 or 4 laser vomit versions of 1 mech chassis? Its boring.

View PostGas Guzzler, on 27 August 2015 - 08:57 PM, said:

WITH JUMP JETS :ph34r:

And ECM :)

#46 JLaw1

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 06:13 AM

Aw, sadface, just bought my first installment of MC ever and missed this by like 3 days. Figures.

#47 Tordin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 28 August 2015 - 07:22 AM

View PostArkhangel, on 27 August 2015 - 03:46 PM, said:

a better question is... why is there a UAC/5 on the arm? BKs are all energy boats.

Maybe they changed their minds about to much wubs and zaps and wanted more dakka. In lore, BK had ballistics, right?

#48 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,250 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 28 August 2015 - 08:25 AM

View PostTordin, on 28 August 2015 - 07:22 AM, said:

Maybe they changed their minds about to much wubs and zaps and wanted more dakka. In lore, BK had ballistics, right?

I don't see a ballistic variant on sarna.. so I don't think so.

#49 Midgie

Swaybacked

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 192 posts
  • LocationThe unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the galaxy.

Posted 28 August 2015 - 08:43 AM

*Sigh* Just picked up some MC three days ago.
Oh well.
Happy to support PGI so they can keep improving the game.

#50 Grey Ghost

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 661 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 12:21 PM

What is everyone using their MC for? Pretty much all the new Mech's are released in packs, or in the gift store for cash now. I'm still sitting on 30,000 MC from the last discount nearly a year ago... I've no idea what to use it for currently.

#51 ColonelProctor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 243 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHorn Lake, Mississippi

Posted 28 August 2015 - 12:45 PM

View PostGrey Ghost, on 28 August 2015 - 12:21 PM, said:

What is everyone using their MC for? Pretty much all the new Mech's are released in packs, or in the gift store for cash now. I'm still sitting on 30,000 MC from the last discount nearly a year ago... I've no idea what to use it for currently.

Myself I am thinking the Atlas bundle...the I have each mech from my command Lance when I started playing in 92. A BattleMaster, Thunderbolt,Atlas and Timber Wolf. May pick up the two other King Crab variety to elite the one I have.

#52 Maaxxx

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 72 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 01:43 PM

Black knight with ballistics? Bloodmoon?

Everybody is gaining Insight. :ph34r:

#53 Arkhangel

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,187 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 28 August 2015 - 02:08 PM

View PostTordin, on 28 August 2015 - 07:22 AM, said:

no, what you're thinking of is the Black Knight Omnimech from MW4, it's a later upgrade, FedCom Civil War era. that's the one with ECM as well. it's also functionally a different mech being an Omni. the Blackjack and Firestarter had Omni-versions as well around that time, the Firestarter being upgraded into a medium at 40 tons doing so.

#54 Grendel408

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,611 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 28 August 2015 - 02:43 PM

Maybe the Black Knight portrayed in the Sale image is a forthcoming Hero Mech not yet announced for release? Anyone think about that at all? :blink: It does look pretty cool with the UAC5 on there with the PPC B)

#55 Daidachi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 461 posts
  • LocationThe Andromeda Initiative

Posted 28 August 2015 - 04:18 PM

View PostWhite Bear 84, on 28 August 2015 - 02:20 AM, said:

Even worse in Aus

Australian Peso. The exchange rate pretty much anywhere is terribad for us now.

#56 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 28 August 2015 - 04:39 PM

I am soooo glad I didn't bite last week... And I was tempted! I have 4-5 months of Premium time banked with more on the way for Resistance 2 so this sales make the base bundle packages an even better deal since the bundles themselves will most likely never go on sale (they are already heavily discounted).

If you have the money and want to grab any Mastery Bundles, NOW IS THE TIME.

#57 bear_cl4w

• PipPip
  • The Tyrant
  • The Tyrant
  • 34 posts
  • Locationanywhere.

Posted 29 August 2015 - 01:21 PM

why does the black knight in the picture have a UAC5 on it's arm? 5th black knight variant confirmed???

#58 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 30 August 2015 - 02:48 PM

need Battlemaster and Awesome bundles stat!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users