In Game Report Button For Intentionally Powering Down And Hiding, Prolonging The Game.

8 replies to this topic

#1 Revener

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 223 posts
  • LocationSvea Rike

Posted 28 August 2015 - 04:22 AM

I would be nice with an ingame report feature for people who intentionally shut down and hide in skirmish mode to avoid dying, so if ther is 7minutes left of the game time they keep everyone else mech locked that much longer.
It happens way to often.

Edited by Revener, 28 August 2015 - 05:11 AM.

#2 Unknown Rand

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 35 posts
  • LocationThe Pit

Posted 28 August 2015 - 04:26 AM

you could always tell the opposite team where they are hiding ?

#3 Revener

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 223 posts
  • LocationSvea Rike

Posted 28 August 2015 - 04:30 AM

Yes but that is not the point here is it ?

They are intentionally prolonging the game without even trying to fight. They should bew encouraged to stop.

Also opposing teram don't always tell you where they are and sometimes they are still really hard to find.

Edited by Revener, 28 August 2015 - 05:11 AM.

#4 FlipOver

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 1,135 posts
  • LocationIsland Continent of Galicia, Poznan

Posted 28 August 2015 - 05:12 AM

View PostRevener, on 28 August 2015 - 04:22 AM, said:

I would be nice with an ingame report feature for people who intentionally shut down and hide in skirmish mode to avoid dying, so if ther is 7minutes left of the game time they keep everyone else mech locked that much longer.
It happens way to often.

Nope.
Nope.
Nope.
Nope.

Powering down might be a douche move but it is still a valid option for any pilot.
Same goes for running Out of Bounds or Overheat.

Gives the option for the pilots to not provide the enemy with the last kill they all want so much.

I also see how a large number of players don't know how to wait and take the best out of this situation.

All they want is game after game in a rapid succession. This is MW, things take time and you should get used to that.
Don't want to look into a powered down mech for 7 minutes? Get up, grab something to eat, watch the view from the window... do something else then come back.

I actually like some aspects of the powered down mech, like:
The tension, the enemy mechs feet bashing into the ground close to where the pilot is, the light enemy mechs zooming past his mech. Even reading about it on the chat is fun.

What you are requesting here is a way to shackle the pilots, removing them options they should have.

Again, might be a **it move, but it's still an option and what we need in this game are more options, not less.

Edited by FlipOver, 28 August 2015 - 05:14 AM.

#5 Revener

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 223 posts
  • LocationSvea Rike

Posted 28 August 2015 - 05:26 AM

Yeah but sometimes they power down and then dissconnect on purpose.

They are not playing. I have nothing against it if they actually tries to get something done even when it is 1 VS 11. Then it is a sneaky tactic, but to intentionally power down just becaues you do not want to die servers no purpose since we don't pay for repairs, it is just a **** move that lock peoples mechs in the match longer. Better to just run out of bounds then,

Edited by Revener, 28 August 2015 - 05:26 AM.

#6 FlipOver

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 1,135 posts
  • LocationIsland Continent of Galicia, Poznan

Posted 28 August 2015 - 05:31 AM

On Skirmish, and AFTER a player disconnects, you wont be to blame if you point out his coords or grid to the enemy.

Having a button for that would most likely spam the support inbox with 90% junk. I understand what you are saying but on that occasion you can pretty much screenshot it, fill in and send a REPORT with the print-screen and a description by mail to PGI.

#7 Nick Drezary

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 232 posts
  • LocationMoon

Posted 29 August 2015 - 10:43 AM

I support this idea, having way too much not participating players lately.

#8 Kalimaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 29 August 2015 - 10:49 AM

Lets see. You would rather have a simple solution, just report report report. What, no challenge to find some little skunk out on the field of battle. Too much of a challenge to hunt....good lord....good thing they are not a sniper waiting for you to come through that pass and head shot you.

Tell you what. When you have creamed the other team, and only one player is left, and you have suffered no losses (gee like that never happens), split up into your lances and hunt. I've gotten a few kills on players who have shut down. People will do what they want, there are those who enjoy a challenge in finding an elusive foe, and those who can't handle it.

#9 Revener

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 223 posts
  • LocationSvea Rike

Posted 30 August 2015 - 05:37 AM

on some mapss it is basically impossible to find a mech that shut down. If you don't want to fight go out of bounds and stop pisssing people off.

And I will gladly hunt down the last mech if he at least is activley trying to survive. or have something to gain. Thing is you have nothing to gain by hiding and letting 8 minutes tick by.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users