- - - - -

One Hand Mech Suggestions

44 replies to this topic

#1 NiuqOteen

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 45 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 07:49 AM

About all i can manage with my left arm is hitting Spacebar to lock targets. Currently have an elite HBK-4j and love it. The extra torso twist helps alot. As does the nature of LRM weps.
I find it very hard to hold lasers on target, since im usually holding move or move and turn with my aim hand. Tryed some of the lights i spend more time running into walls, than shooting.

Had a terrible time in the HBK-p, the HBK-4sp i did ok but getting up close usually led to me running into walls while unloading the Srm's. Bouncing off walls, and getting ripped apart at range led to me putting LRM's on it.

AC's / PPc's seem managable can anticipate, then ambush shot instead of tracking a target.
Tryed Gauss rifles but that was a bit much holding multple buttons meant my aim or timing suffered too much.

Tryed the IS Assult Trial mechs and struggled to do damage (lasers) felt i was a detriment to the team. First mech i bought was a Battlemaster-2c should have done far more research, as i feel i struggle to pull my weight. In the 4j i usually manage up 150-390 damage using tag Lrm's and 4 med lasers, feel like im doing an ok job at support on the mech. The Battlemaster 120-300 a game, i know this is bad. 2LL 4 Med pulse 2 LRM 10. 300 STD engine.

Hated having to close to 300m before i could do any real damage. Ran the HBK-4p with 2 LL and some meds. did not help much but liked the high torso mounts.

So few points to narrow it down
Can't use more than 3 weapon groups, 3 is pushing it.
Range of some kind at least 500m
Too much speed is actually a detriment when brawling to me.
Regular lazers are very hard for me to use unless im stationary. Pulse wasnt much better.
Movement ( Fwd backwards turning) Torso twist/ Aiming Weapon groups Zoom all on right hand
Left arm can only really hit space to lock targets. Control is Tag when playing the HBK-4J
If im using LRM's im moving with the group using Tag to get my own locks unless im really beat up.
Like to be at least as durable as the HBK. The trial Trebuchet felt frail maybe it was the xl engine and size.
Just want to be useful, and contribute a fair amount for the tonnage i drop.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by NiuqOteen, 28 August 2015 - 08:34 AM.

#2 jss78

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,575 posts
  • LocationHelsinki

Posted 28 August 2015 - 08:25 AM

You say PPC's are managable, and you like high mounts. I guess lock-on weapons are easiest in general? What about something like SHD-2K. Two high-mounted PPCs, lots of DHS, and 3xSSRM2 (with BAP) might make your life easier when you can't avoid being close to the enemy. I'm sure there are other chassis which can run something similar, this one just off the top of my head.

There's obviously the option of simply boating Streaks/LRM's, but I'm trying to think of something more interesting than that here.

#3 bad arcade kitty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 08:27 AM

streakcrow ofc, 1 weapon group 3 ssrm-6, another 2 ssrm-6, i used to use a lazier variant 1 weapon group alpha, another chainfire. but this one is better; consumables uav and cool shot

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...8ffe7bd2106d7d3

note, active probe, armor and ammo distributions are important

Edited by bad arcade kitty, 28 August 2015 - 08:32 AM.

#4 Chocowolf Sradac

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 306 posts
  • LocationStar Colonel, Clan Wolf, 4th Wolf guard, Alpha Galaxy

Posted 28 August 2015 - 08:30 AM

one handed for this game would be interesting it's been something I've wanted to try for laughs with my razer naga as I have enough buttons and keymappings to do it (i have it paired with an orbweaver)

#5 jper4

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,884 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 08:34 AM

jagermechs and blackjacks both have high mounted weapons and are AC based for weapons while not being extremely fast. BJ-1X can get to 116kph (or was it 106?) but it's the pure laser variant so you can skip it and still be able to master the chassis. but I usually run only 2 groups (3 if you count one devoted to chainfire that I only use when heat is an issue). blackjacks do come with jumpjets but that's set to the spacebar(unless you changed hotkey settings) so you should be able to use them ok.

#6 NiuqOteen

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 45 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 08:53 AM

View Postjss78, on 28 August 2015 - 08:25 AM, said:

There's obviously the option of simply boating Streaks/LRM's, but I'm trying to think of something more interesting than that here.

Trying to use the LRM's to best effect without being that guy hiding behind a rock praying my team can hold a lock. Tag and Beagle get my own locks help break through ecm. Direct fire weps seem to be far better for actually killing something instead of the shotgun effect of LRM's. Don't want to use Lrm's as crutch.

Like the look of that Shadowhawk build. The Black jack seems like another good option Ac / PPc ones at least.

Edited by NiuqOteen, 28 August 2015 - 09:02 AM.

#7 The Basilisk

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,270 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 28 August 2015 - 09:08 AM

From what you are writing you have extreme problems with movement coordination and hand - eye coordination.

The main difference between MechWarrior and most shooters is that you sit in an tanklike vehicle and where you have to coordinate vehiculare movement and your "Turret" ( torso ) movement/ aiming.

Movement coordination is as low as you can get with the basics of MWO and the mechs you are naming AREthe beginner Mechs. Every Mech NEEDS this form of coordination to be of any use.

I realy don't know what mech should be even more easy to handle than Jenner, Hunchback, Thunderbolt or Battlemaster ( sorted for weightclass )

And by the way even if you got the impression LRMs are of use....no they are not of use save in the hands of the most experienced players and those will prefer more effective weapons most of the time.

Edited by The Basilisk, 28 August 2015 - 09:10 AM.

#8 Sereglach

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,563 posts
  • LocationWherever things are burning.

Posted 28 August 2015 - 09:16 AM

No worries, there are a number of good mechs you should be able to field that will fit your criteria. Now, breaking down your criteria into a simple set of requirements:

1. Support mech - you've stated that short range and brawling are not your forte.
2. LRM's are your favorite and most manageable weapon, with PPC's and AC's being acceptable, as well.
3. Keep the weapon groups simple.
4. Having good torso-twisting that allows you to manage more with your aiming capability.

Keeping those things in mind, here are some recommendations for each weight class for you to consider utilizing. I will try to include at least 1 IS mech and 1 Clan mech for all weight classes . . . just in case you have a preference (or you ever plan on participating in Community Warfare).

Light Mechs:
1. Adder: They're actually a prime fire support light that doesn't use excessive speed to get the job done, but instead relies on supporting weapons. I use a 2x LBX/2 Build on my favorite Adder; but there are builds for 2x C-ERPPC, or LRM's. I actually use a 2x C-LRM/10 build with medium lasers for backup; and with the range of those lasers they function as good fire-support weapons, as well, for your purposes. Overall, they have good torso twist and are built for just the kind of roles you're looking for . . . and with just enough speed to get out of a tight spot when you need to (most of the time).

2. Urbanmech: Ballistics and 360 degree torso twist. Also, if you don't want to use the ballistics, you can always go for some form of PPC, instead. They intentionally limit their speed for the purposes of carrying bigger guns. Granted, the Urbanmech package is one you'd need to purchase with real money . . . so I'd probably sit around in smurfy's and tinker with the thing for a while to see if you can get something you like out of it, first. Unfortunately, however, no LRM's here.

3. Panther: While you won't necessarily be boating anything, you can carry a PPC and LRMx10 on any of these chassis with an XL 250, Max Armor, and 2 tons of ammo (but no jump jets). You can shave engine for ammo and jump jets; or you can sacrifice some tonnage from the PPC, for LRM ammo and/or jump jets, and put in a LL or ERLL in order to still poke at range. However, similar to the Adder, this mech focuses on longer range fire support over anything else. Not to mention that the 2x AMS build, with respectable AMS ammo, an ERPPC, and an SRM2 with one ton of ammo (as a last resort) will work for long range poking and protect you well from enemy LRM rain.

Medium Mechs:
1. You've already got the Hunchback on your roster. That's a good one to keep, and you've said you love it (awesome to hear). Oh, and there's nothing wrong with running the 4SP with LRM's. Also, since you don't mind ballistics, there are plenty of solid builds for the 4G or 4H that you should be able to run, as well.

2. Blackjack: This mech has solid torso twisting, and can carry either ballistics or PPC's respectably well. Not to mention, when they get around to giving us the BJ-2 (seriously . . . I want that variant), then you'll have one that can carry missiles, as well. I have a rather beautiful BJ-3 build that uses an XL-235 with a pair of PPC's, AMS, Max JJ, and 2x Small Lasers (for when something gets within that 90 meter minimum range and you have no choice). The BJ-1 is also a great jumper that can lay down withering fire with a pair of AC/2s mounted in it. If you don't want the Jump Jets, then you can instead swap out for the BJ-1DC that allows you to carry more energy hardpoints, but ditches the jumping (I have a 1DC that's a "Mini-Rifleman" that crams in 2x AC/2 with 3 tons of ammo and 2 LL). However, you may wish to avoid the 1X, unless you're going to use it to carry PPC's and move faster along the ground.

3. Kintaro: This overlooked mech can do an excellent job of boating LRM's while being respectably maneuverable enough to stay out of trouble. Also, with the array of hardpoints you can put on a few large launchers, or a myriad of small launchers . . . whichever suits your fancy. There are many solid builds for all of the variants of this mech that I believe would suit your playstyle well.

4. Stormcrow: This chassis has a myriad of builds for ballistics, LRMs, PPCs, or anything else you want to put on it. It's one of the most flexible and desirable mechs in the game for a reason. It also moves just fast enough to get you out of most tight spots and back to the protection of your team.

Heavy Mechs:
1. Orion: You've got missiles, you've got ballistics, and you can mount PPC's. While mostly used for brawling purposes (in a mini-Atlas configuration), these can be easily adjusted to be fire-support mechs. While they might not have as much torso twisting, they carry a very solid payload for their tonnage. It may be worth tinkering around with in Smurfy's, to see if you can do things with it that you'd like to pilot.

2. Catapult: You love LRM's . . . the Catapult is a near-given matchup for you. Stay back, and let the rain go. You can also utilize the K2 for PPC or Ballistic purposes (or the Jester if you feel so inclined to spend real money). They have great twisting capabilities, respectable maneuverability, and solid payloads. Seriously give these things a strong consideration. They were also in the top 5 for mech resizing, so they're not going to stay the huge mouse-ear targets forever.

3. Mad Dog: The Clan's version of the Catapult, in many ways. This mech is meant to be long range fire support. Use it as such and it'll be good to you. It has ballistics pods, boatloads of missiles, and plenty of energy for PPC's and whatnot. It's also surprisingly nimble for getting out of harm's way. However, while you have great torso twisting and plenty of weapons options, you don't have jump jets.

4. Timber Wolf: It's almost impossible to put together a good mech list and NOT have this chassis on it. You've got every type of hardpoint at your disposal, and there are some great LRM builds out there. You can work wonders of fire support with this thing; and you have surprising agility for a 75 ton mech. Just don't be surprised if people give you a hard time when you're using a Mad Cat in a non-meta fashion.

Assault Mechs
1. Battlemaster: There are variants here that are worth another look. Some Battlemasters do surprisingly well in a fire-support LRM roll. Unfortunately, no Battlemaster has a great torso-twist range, so that can be a factor in your choices. On the other hand, they are tough SOB's that can serve you well with the right loadout. You can utilize these things for LRM's and PPC's. Your torsos are just going to be crammed full of weapons and equipment.

2. Awesome: I know . . . I just suggested the "barn-door". However, you're not looking to brawl, you're looking at fire support. For that purpose, Awesomes can do exceedingly well. You've got some great LRM carriers in there and of course they're trademarked for being PPC boats. An Awesome 8Q with PPC's for fire support and small or medium pulses for within minimum range can wreck people's days. On the other hand, of course, the 8T, 8V, and 8R give you solid missile options that can also combine with PPC's to cover both facets of fire support. Seriously give these things a long and hard look. You may be pleasantly surprised. Oh . . . and they were in the top 5 mechs for rescaling . . . so they're not going to be the "barn-doors" forever.

3. Stalker: These things are walking weapons platforms. PPC's, LRM's, even a ballistic slot on the Misery. These things are probably the kings of fire support. Their smaller engine cap ensures that you're packing these things chock-full of weapony-goodness and slinging it down range. They're also great for doing this from afar, with boatloads of tubes of LRM's and space for backup weapons. However . . . they're slow, and they're not nimble. Stick close to the main body or you may find yourself in a world of trouble.

4. Warhawk: Currently its the closest thing you're going to get to a dedicated clan fire-support assault mech. You can get a pretty hefty number of LRM tubes on this thing, and they're also set up and designed for long range fire support with PPCs. You can also, if you see fit, set it up for carrying long range ballistics, as well. It's also a fair bit more agile than the Dire Wolf . . . so you're not utterly screwed if you get some distance between yourself and the main group. You'll also do a better job of keeping pace and sticking with the main body. All-in-all it's a solid choice for fitting your needs if you want a clan assault.

Now, with all of this said, I realize it is a LOT to take in. If you desire any further help, by all means feel free to quote any of this and ask questions, or send a message. I'm sure that if you also start narrowing down your chassis more you'll be able to get some excellent help in putting together builds to suit your specific desires/needs.

EDIT: Went back and fixed a myriad of typos and grammatical mistakes.

Edited by Sereglach, 28 August 2015 - 11:47 AM.

#9 NiuqOteen

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 45 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 09:29 AM

View PostThe Basilisk, on 28 August 2015 - 09:08 AM, said:

From what you are writing you have extreme problems with movement coordination and hand - eye coordination.

Played alot of World of Tanks it is not situational awareness or hand eye coordination.
I have one hand, have you tried driving shooting zooming firing with only one hand? It is alot to manage
And your point about Lrm's is exactly why i posted.

Sereglach thanks for the wall of text, and i may take you up on the build adivise. Appreciate the break downs on each.

Edited by NiuqOteen, 28 August 2015 - 09:36 AM.

#10 Sereglach

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,563 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 09:49 AM

View PostNiuqOteen, on 28 August 2015 - 09:29 AM, said:

Played alot of World of Tanks it is not situational awareness or hand eye coordination.
I have one hand, have you tried driving shooting zooming firing with only one hand? It is alot to manage

Ahhh . . . I thought that was the case from how the first post read. I don't know if you realized this piece of gaming equipment existed or not . . . but look this thing up. I think one or two of these are right up your alley.

The Stinkyboard is a gaming device that allows players to use their feet for added controls. This may literally change your gaming capabilities in ways you didn't think possible. I hope it can help you.

My old unit had a bunch of people who backed in the kickstarter and they said these things were incredible.

Sereglach thanks for the wall of text, and i may take you up on the build adivise. Appreciate the break downs on each.

As far as the builds and other advice go, no problem. I'd be happy to help. Just let me know what you want and I'll help you however I can.

#11 The Basilisk

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,270 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 28 August 2015 - 10:36 AM

And your point about Lrm's is exactly why i posted.

Oh ok ... didn't got that clear from your initial post.
Maybe if you get somebody to modify a very basic Joystik for you for vehicular movement controll and a multibuttoned mouse for targeting and weapon group controll. I once saw a maimed gamer play a Racinggame like this. The base was fixed to his desk with a vice and his stick was modified with a cuplike structure.
Also a Joystick with a POI just for your right hand could be a possibility.
The POI will controll your legmovement and the rest of your stick can controll your weapons and targeting.
But setting up Joystiks for MWO is at least difficult and most player find them all but useless cause they are too slow and too unprecise.

Otherwise...my point about coordination still stands.
Simultan control of legmovement, torsomovement, targeting and weapongroups are the utmost basics of this game.

Sorry to say so but if you just cant do that I can not think of any way to controll a mech with even remote success.

Edited by The Basilisk, 28 August 2015 - 10:42 AM.

#12 WVAnonymous

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,691 posts
  • LocationEvery world has a South Bay. That's where I am.

Posted 28 August 2015 - 10:58 AM

If you like the HBK-4J, are willing to ignore the meta-mech/competitive gamers who hate all LRMs, and aren't price sensitive, the LRM-boat Warhawk-B is a beast.

I've dropped a few hundred matches in this, it is one of my favorites. It mounts TAG and BAP, and remember Clan LRMs have no minimum range, so as long as you don't get double ECMed you can treat them as messy streaks for defense against lights.

WHK-B

gl hf hh dw,

WVA

#13 B L O O D W I T C H

• 2,426 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 11:43 AM

beside the mech choice, if you're one handed you shouldn't stick to mice and keyboard (well maybe a naga or at least a naga hex).
have you tried the joystick of a hotas? you can pretty much pilot a battlemech with such a joystick alone. if you use a paddle too you probably have most if not all functions covered with one hand and your feet. you can also use voice attack for a couple of things, like setting zoom, drop UAVs/Strikes, flush coolant. (voice attack is also pretty fun to use on it's own)

http://www.saitek.co.../compedals.html
http://www.saitek.co...rod/x52pro.html
http://www.voiceattack.com
http://www.razerzone...mice/razer-naga

Edited by LOADED, 28 August 2015 - 11:44 AM.

#14 Sereglach

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,563 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 11:53 AM

View PostLOADED, on 28 August 2015 - 11:43 AM, said:

beside the mech choice, if you're one handed you shouldn't stick to mice and keyboard (well maybe a naga or at least a naga hex).
have you tried the joystick of a hotas? you can pretty much pilot a battlemech with such a joystick alone. if you use a paddle too you probably have most if not all functions covered with one hand and your feet. you can also use voice attack for a couple of things, like setting zoom, drop UAVs/Strikes, flush coolant. (voice attack is also pretty fun to use on it's own)

http://www.saitek.co.../compedals.html
http://www.saitek.co...rod/x52pro.html
http://www.voiceattack.com
http://www.razerzone...mice/razer-naga

All awesome stuff there. Same kind of logic behind my suggestion of the Stinkyboard. Although, I think the Stinkyboard may be of better use than the rudder pedals . . . unless one can set up both a set of rudder pedals AND a Stinkyboard. Now that could be utilized for some excellent control capabilities.

#15 NiuqOteen

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 45 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 12:04 PM

WVAnonymous I had not even considered clan LRMs as short range defense option interesting.
Loaded thanks i completely forgot about voice command software been a few years but used it for WoW
Basilisk im not bouncing off the walls much anymore but yes i still need practice.

Bought a Blackjack DJ-1 100 damage first game 351 second game 184 third game, getting used to the projectile speed. Second game was alot of suppressing fire long range pushing ppl back into cover.
Think i will try the SHD or Panther next, less tracking and face time with the PPC's i bet.

Have tryed foot peddles over the years but always been dissapointed, having to hover over the peddles. Stinkyboard might be the perfect thing.

Big thank you to everyone, really helps me get an idea on what to try and why.

#16 Sereglach

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,563 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 01:29 PM

Great stuff! Hopefully you end up liking the Blackjacks. Here are some builds for you to look at and consider:

BJ-1 or BJ-1: These are for straight up suppressing fire. Don't worry about the ammo in the CT and HD on the first build. Ammo is pulled from those areas first, which you will quickly burn through. The second build is so that you can get a little bit more agility out of the mech at the cost of some ammunition.

BJ-3: This is that BJ-3 I had mentioned above. It's a wonderful mech that you can and will get a lot of work out of. Everything from mobile poking to poptarting and just good PPC suppressing fire. It's a great workhorse of a Blackjack.

BJ-1DC: My "Mini-Rifleman" build. It may be light on ammo, and it may be hot, but it's meant to poke in quick bursts of suppressing fire. By the time your LLs have finished their duration and start cooling down, you want to be ducking back behind cover again. It's made for high burst damage and it does the job quite well. Plus the LLs give you long range poking ability even after you've run out of ammunition.

BJ-1X: If you want something a bit faster for running and gunning, this has speed and range for you to utilize; and the build is more suited to your desired weapons and range profile. Now, granted, you don't have jump jets, and 2 ERPPCs are always hot, but if you chain fire them they should be manageable, or you can just poke. You could also switch them to standard PPC's, but you lose some range and gain a minimum range . . . however heat problems will be heavily mitigated and you do have the speed to get out of tight spots and maintain your desired range bracket.

Edited by Sereglach, 28 August 2015 - 01:38 PM.

#17 TechChris

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 159 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Midwest, I think??? Dang "Drinkin Man's" Shooter bad for my memory! ^_^

Posted 28 August 2015 - 02:05 PM

Well........
Seraglach n LOADED aleady beat me to most of what I was gonna say...... :P
Options to augment ya controls rather then just trying to throw ya out some builds.

Let me start by saying i feel ya on playing this game with a handicap. I had an auto accident years ago that led to having reconstructive surgery on my right hand and wrist. Do to this I cant use a mouse for prolonged times without quickly escalating pain n cramps. So from the very beginning of playing this game....about 2+ years ....i haven't used a mouse! These have been my weapons of war since day one....
Posted Image
yup....a PS3 controller and footpedals....kid you not! :D
They've done me pretty well over the years!
Posted Image
(this is for showing that I've used the pedals to success....thats it :P )

Anyhow, my point is this! As far as gaming goes, I'd recommend these or the aforementioned Stinky Gameboard. (I've used both)
The added function they can give is ridiculous, n both can be found on Amazon for about the same price of $90!

The one I'm using (in the pic) is called Fragpedal, and is from a company called goodworks systems. I can attest to this things greatness for days. I've used this one forever.....still awesome! (the buttons have lost there tactile click a few times from me over using the one i have set to JJ, but customer support has always been friggin amazing from these guys, honoring there warranty, sending me more spare parts then I could need for free, helping script crazy macros, etc)

To compare n contrast for ya I feel there are 2 major differences tween the two.

The Fragpedals are a lot more simplistic n not as "solid" looking as the Stinky (though I've yet to have a problem after 2 years) and are setup as ya see in the pic, one button per pedal.
The Stinky is definitely a more "solid" feeling piece of equipment and I feel it has a slight edge on customization of its feel (due it using tension springs for it, as the Fragpedal uses rods spaced under the pedal to change pivot point n thus resistance), and are setup as one pedal has quad buttons (ya just roll ya foot up/down/left/right)

On neither of these is ya dreaded hovering a problem, ya rest ya foot on em in both cases.

So its a point of preference there.

Now onto there software.
The Fragpedals come with a software that is more simplistic and a bit harder to get a hold of at first. But once ya do, it is a far more powerful software. With a little brain power there's not much ya cant get the Fragpedals software to mimic, macro, etc.
While the Stinkys software, is much more user friendly and easy to figure out, but it much less powerful and far more limited on what ya can get it to do, not crippling by any means, but not the all around open power of the fragpedals software.

I hope this helps....and if ya got any other questions for someone else who's had to improvise how to plat this game, feel free to ask! :)

Edit: forgot to add this idea! Ya could just use both! Use the stinky like a four way directional pad for movement n just bind a, w, s, and d to it! N use the other for more action buttons like lock, zoom, or more weapon groups! :-)

Second edit: oooohhhhh..... Just had another thought! You mentioned you can least use ya left arm to hit the space bar on ya keyboard........
You could use the frag pedal setup (it has sticky non slide rubber pads on it bottom side) and set it n place ya keyboard! N with its size n shape it could act as 4 "spacebars"!

Edited by TechChris, 28 August 2015 - 05:09 PM.

#18 Mazzyplz

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,292 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 02:31 PM

some ideas:

the stormcrow or shadowhawk previously mentioned aren't bad at all; i hear there is a shadowhawk with ac5 quirks, you should look into that.

if you want an assault, and you have problems with holding lasers and you dont like gauss, you need either

an 4xUAC10 warhawk -
an 8v awesome with 3xsrm6 + few pulses and good twist, with std engine.. -
a 6xac2 king crab with great range and very decent dps -
a dragon 1n, with 2xac5 and one large laser, xl engine -
2xac20 jagermech (i would not recommend)

or you could go for a pulse laser boat, like the thunderbolt.

if you want to use LRM then you can use the lrm hunchie (not sure which mech it is) or the aws 8r - or the battlemaster i think 5s is the lrm model.

oh i see you bought a blackjack, good purchase -

it is one of the strongest mechs in the game as it is right now

#19 Lord Curmudgeon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 161 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 03:23 PM

My cousin is a quadriplegic and has to use a Sip and Puff device to control when he plays this game, you may want to look into this. It gives him a 8 button joystick that he controls with his mouth and 1 button with his chin. Here is what he uses: http://www.quadstick.com/

Between that and the one hand you should have pretty good control. With practice he has become quite adept at playing with mediums, heavies, and assaults, the high speed lights are a bit too fast for him. He can do all the basic controls of this game including multiple weapons groups locking targets, jumping, and has managed a couple of 800 damage games.

Just some food for thought.

#20 TechChris

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 159 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Midwest, I think??? Dang "Drinkin Man's" Shooter bad for my memory! ^_^

Posted 28 August 2015 - 05:14 PM

I ended up adding 2 edits to my previous post man! Case those ideas help too n ya missed em!
;)

Edited by TechChris, 28 August 2015 - 05:40 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users