ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 29 August 2015 - 11:08 AM

Posted Image
Dark Age era redesign packing pretty much every bit of comm electronics available, 4 MPL, Gauss and 2x ATM6.

#2 Iqfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,488 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationGermany, CGN

Posted 29 August 2015 - 11:20 AM

You know what, we should start posting these in general discussions too, people started posting their videos there and the mods don't seem to care.

This does not get enough attention

Edited by Iqfish, 29 August 2015 - 11:20 AM.

#3 GonaDie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,125 posts
  • LocationThe biggest party you have ever seen

Posted 30 August 2015 - 08:36 AM

View PostIqfish, on 29 August 2015 - 11:20 AM, said:

You know what, we should start posting these in general discussions too, people started posting their videos there and the mods don't seem to care.

This does not get enough attention

+9001

This totally needs more attention

#4 ChapeL

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 30 August 2015 - 08:39 AM

Nice cockpit... faithfull re-imaging of the original!

...you sure like that "legs wide apart" stance don't you ? ;)

Edit: Oh and another thought : The mech's stance, compact torso, slim waist and the cockpit give the whole thing a slightly "Heavy Gear-esque" quality to the design. It's neither good nor bad, just something that struck me as I looked at it. :)

Edited by ChapeL, 30 August 2015 - 08:42 AM.

#5 Man with Axe

• PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 30 August 2015 - 10:32 AM

Nice sketch indeed. Absolutely perfect Mech for command console quirks, I just wish the latter 3 tons of waste would be buffed somehow to become useful. I'd prefer it my way, but whatever it'd take.

#6 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 30 August 2015 - 11:13 AM

View PostChapeL, on 30 August 2015 - 08:39 AM, said:

Edit: Oh and another thought : The mech's stance, compact torso, slim waist and the cockpit give the whole thing a slightly "Heavy Gear-esque" quality to the design. It's neither good nor bad, just something that struck me as I looked at it. :)

yeah.... I find (my only critique) that while Alex, or Shim are far better artists than me, too often....I am not in love with the concept art poses....sometimes it just feels stiff, or doughy (and sometimes they blow my mind, so it ain't like neither one can't do awesome action).

I have tried to map out a lot of leg postures, but seem happiest with a wide stance, most often. I promise, when I post LordRed's Commando, it won't feature that pose.

#7 Vectoron The Black Minister

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 375 posts

Posted 03 October 2015 - 07:03 PM

I think this looks absolutely amazing! I can picture the leg stance in a street over destroyed city rubble while directing a company in a firefight!

I feel this mech is pretty damn true to its original, with a amazing MWO flare! I hope PGI takes a good look at this!

Absolutely stunning freehand sir!

#8 Brian Banzai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 731 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationLebanon, TN

Posted 05 October 2015 - 07:12 AM

LOVE IT!!!

#9 ChapeL

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 07:52 PM

This is the vague familiarity I was talking about. ( never occured to me that Heavy Gear has a wiki )

Posted Image

Now actually on topic, I know I'm a sucker for punishement adn I like to do the best I can in non optimized builds but.. the Cyclops would look good in MWO. Make it a "sensor warfare assault" or something :P

Edited by ChapeL, 05 October 2015 - 07:54 PM.

#10 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 05 October 2015 - 08:01 PM

View PostChapeL, on 30 August 2015 - 08:39 AM, said:

A wide stance often provides an image with a feeling of immense power. It makes it look and feel more secure, stable and has more action potential within the stance itself.

It's actually a fairly common pose/stance for solo/single object pictures. (Having a single item being displayed.)

I should try my hand at drawing mecha again. All previous attempts have been... drastic failures though so far. Then again, I have a hard time with anything realistic or even semi-realistic... :ph34r:

#11 Valkyrie73

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cyber Warrior
  • The Cyber Warrior
  • 158 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 05 October 2015 - 08:52 PM

yeah, the Cyclops is one of my favs from TT days. If it comes to MWO I really hope it has extended range sensors/targeting computers etc to meet the lore and work in with the coming "role warfare"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users