• Fire
  • 1,563 posts
  • LocationWherever things are burning.

Posted 29 August 2015 - 11:45 AM

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 29 August 2015 - 11:26 AM, said:

Wow, those are nice arms on the Mauler.
Nice, round, meaty PPCs.
Now copy-paste them onto the Awesomes

Yeah, I agree about the Mauler completely. The new mechs are getting amazing new dynamic geometry while older mechs got quick, shoddy, rush jobs that really ruined them for a lot of their most diehard fans. I really hope they get a once-over and are redone. It's a true pity. Hopefully one of the things the K2 and Awesomes get are PPC casings that look like those nice beefy arms on the Mauler . . . whenever they take community feedback and get back to redoing some of the "dynamic geometry updates" on the early mechs (Awesome, Catapult, and Commando I think are some of the worst offenders).

-------------------------------------------------------------------

While the combination of sales is really nice (hot-rod 50% off for Resistance mechs AND MC bonus sale . . . damn you PGI for making it so tempting), I just can't bring myself to open my wallet to it. The Flamer still needs it's desperate reengineering (which we haven't heard anything about since February) as well as other things (like waiting on the original Resistance Badges that Tina told us we were going to be getting about 3 months ago now) . . . but the Flamer is a biggie for me that's starting to rub me wrong that it's been getting ignored . . . especially when it was supposedly most of the way complete.

Regardless, I've tested out the MechWarrior Academy and it's incredible. I really look forward to seeing that unleashed for new pilots to learn the basics on. The challenges aren't for scoffing at, either. While a veteran pilot will find them reasonably easy, they do a great job of solidifying the basics for newer pilots.

For people willing to spend the money and take advantage of the sales, major kudos to you. I still like to support PGI (they've gotten a Hunchback IIC package out of me as well as a Black Knight package . . . just can't/won't do Mauler), but I can't justify going all-out until certain grievances are addressed.

Edited by Sereglach, 29 August 2015 - 11:45 AM.

#4 Tennex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6,619 posts

Posted 29 August 2015 - 12:41 PM

Mauler is a bit slim huh, kindof throws off the style of this game

#5 TheSilken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts
  • LocationLost in The Warp

Posted 29 August 2015 - 01:04 PM

View PostTennex, on 29 August 2015 - 12:41 PM, said:

Mauler is a bit slim huh, kindof throws off the style of this game

Yea I know. In the Instagram clip it looked awesome but now it's looking a little thin and tall for a Mauler....

Edited by TheSilken, 29 August 2015 - 01:05 PM.

#6 stealthraccoon

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,497 posts
  • Locationnestled in a burlap sack, down in the root cellar

Posted 29 August 2015 - 01:17 PM

Wait, where is Dawnstealer - I have to like his post mentioning the lack of Hatchetman...

#7 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 29 August 2015 - 01:44 PM

Anyone else think its walking animation is exactly like the Awesome's?

#8 Levi Porphyrogenitus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 4,763 posts
  • LocationAurora, Indiana, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

Posted 29 August 2015 - 02:27 PM

Weekend event description should have included the cbill rewards - not having those there might well discourage some players from participating, losing out on the up to 10 million for everyone, or 20 million for Resistance 1 owners who drive ® variants.

#9 Boyka

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 123 posts

Posted 29 August 2015 - 02:41 PM

View PostSereglach, on 29 August 2015 - 11:45 AM, said:

Yeah, I agree about the Mauler completely. The new mechs are getting amazing new dynamic geometry while older mechs got quick, shoddy, rush jobs that really ruined them for a lot of their most diehard fans. I really hope they get a once-over and are redone. It's a true pity. Hopefully one of the things the K2 and Awesomes get are PPC casings that look like those nice beefy arms on the Mauler . . . whenever they take community feedback and get back to redoing some of the "dynamic geometry updates" on the early mechs (Awesome, Catapult, and Commando I think are some of the worst offenders).

-------------------------------------------------------------------

While the combination of sales is really nice (hot-rod 50% off for Resistance mechs AND MC bonus sale . . . damn you PGI for making it so tempting), I just can't bring myself to open my wallet to it. The Flamer still needs it's desperate reengineering (which we haven't heard anything about since February) as well as other things (like waiting on the original Resistance Badges that Tina told us we were going to be getting about 3 months ago now) . . . but the Flamer is a biggie for me that's starting to rub me wrong that it's been getting ignored . . . especially when it was supposedly most of the way complete.

Regardless, I've tested out the MechWarrior Academy and it's incredible. I really look forward to seeing that unleashed for new pilots to learn the basics on. The challenges aren't for scoffing at, either. While a veteran pilot will find them reasonably easy, they do a great job of solidifying the basics for newer pilots.

For people willing to spend the money and take advantage of the sales, major kudos to you. I still like to support PGI (they've gotten a Hunchback IIC package out of me as well as a Black Knight package . . . just can't/won't do Mauler), but I can't justify going all-out until certain grievances are addressed.

You have to add Dragon too in the list, left arm is ever and ever black despite the camo and dont try to fit 2 missiles weapons in center torso or you will puke..

#10 Sereglach

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,563 posts
  • LocationWherever things are burning.

Posted 29 August 2015 - 03:16 PM

View PostBoyka, on 29 August 2015 - 02:41 PM, said:

You have to add Dragon too in the list, left arm is ever and ever black despite the camo and dont try to fit 2 missiles weapons in center torso or you will puke..

Yeah, I forgot how bad the Dragon is, now. Almost all of them didn't fare all that well (the Atlas is probably one of the only really good ones done). However, I think the Catapult, Awesome and Commando are some of the first ones to come into anyone's mind.

#11 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 29 August 2015 - 04:25 PM

Mauler looks great! I will probably make this my main Assault mech. I am glad that PGI scaled it closer to the size of the Zeus rather than the Awesome. I still hope that the Awesome gets slimmed down a bit soon, it should be around the same size as the Zeus.

#12 Desintegrator

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,225 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 30 August 2015 - 12:17 AM

Nice - the Mauler is coming !

The LRM position is great on this Mech - starting high at (or above) the cockpit line !

Now, it all depends on the quirks...

#13 Danielio97

• PipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 57 posts
  • LocationKráľovce, Slovakia

Posted 30 August 2015 - 01:14 AM

Can't wait for the Mauler, mainly -1R (2xAC5+4xSRM6Artemis ^.^ [I don't care about quirks, this thing will be awesome! :D])! Though one thing didn't work out for me, on 8th I am going on a school trip for a week, so I will miss the release of Mauler... Oh well, at least queue will clear up a little bit and I will be able to drop with an Assault 'Mech. I am not really good with Assaults, but I think I will really love this one :)

#14 ChapeL

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 30 August 2015 - 08:35 AM

The Mauler's walk animation bugs me. They should really take a long look at how the Atlas was animated and why it was successfull. The fact that the pelvis area sways on the Atlas is what really allows the mech to look heavy and also avoids giving it a bouncy gait. Can't say the same for the Mauler sadly.

#15 August55

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 295 posts

Posted 30 August 2015 - 09:39 AM

Thanks for not stubbyfying the arms. It looks really good.

#16 SgtMagor

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 30 August 2015 - 09:47 AM

Mauler strutting its stuff :)

#17 zzoxx

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 133 posts
  • LocationGermany - Eifel

Posted 31 August 2015 - 01:45 AM

Slightly off topic, but: Somebody having knowledge about the music in the weekend update videos? (end sequence - Mauler preview) I guessed Timothy Seals, but i may be wrong, just can't find it. :( Any info much appreciated, ty.

#18 xengk

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 2,502 posts
  • LocationKuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Posted 31 August 2015 - 03:44 AM

View PostChapeL, on 30 August 2015 - 08:35 AM, said:

The Mauler's walk animation bugs me. They should really take a long look at how the Atlas was animated and why it was successfull. The fact that the pelvis area sways on the Atlas is what really allows the mech to look heavy and also avoids giving it a bouncy gait. Can't say the same for the Mauler sadly.

How those PPC barrel swing made me giggle about how hung the mauler is.

Edited by xengk, 31 August 2015 - 03:45 AM.

#19 Feywald

• PipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 33 posts
  • LocationNorthumberland, England

Posted 31 August 2015 - 04:38 AM

That waist looks a little narrow for an assault mech, also really bouncy. Also in the initial shot of the mech (long distance) i thought the launchers made it look like an Arctic Cheater, really do not want to mix those two mechs up :)

#20 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 31 August 2015 - 05:29 AM

View Poststealthraccoon, on 29 August 2015 - 01:17 PM, said:

Wait, where is Dawnstealer - I have to like his post mentioning the lack of Hatchetman...

You know what would really help you do that?

A Hatchetman.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users