276 replies to this topic

#1 Soulstrom

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 844 posts

Posted 30 August 2015 - 05:04 AM

Congratulations MechWarriors!

We raise $982.00 USD for the Children's Hospital of Michigan Foundation.

(List of Winners, Sponsors, and Special Thanks on Page 14, post #263)

[Original Post Below]

Mech Warriors Unite!

Now begins a new chapter in mwo history.

On October 10th, 2015 starting at 7:30 a.m. EST a live streaming event will begin where MWO pilots will compete in one-on-one duels for the chance to walk away with a MWO prize pack and some major bragging rights. I (Soulstrom) will be will be hosting this competition over the course of the day where we will see MWO pilots duel it out, to see who can claim the title of the fiercest pilot in the MWO galaxy.

Now this is a charity event and we will be raising money for children's cancer research! Donations during this event will be go to The Children's Hospital of Michigan Foundation. Nationally recognized as one of the best children's hospitals in the United States; their ground-breaking research has changed the lives of the children who walk through their doors. Let us as a community help continue their great works and raise as much as we can, while destroying some mechs!

Special Thanks
  • Special thanks goes out to Ms. Tina Benoit and Catalina Steiner for helping promote this event through the MWO/PGI facebook timeline and twitter account on two occasions.
  • Special thanks goes out to Scout Derek for help promote this event on the forums and through the hosting of the "Revenge of the Originals" giveaway.
  • Special Thanks goes out to El Bandito for helping to promote this event through his “Public Challenge to those who deny my 1337 Skillz” giveaway challenge.
All of their contributions helped in seeing that this tournament was successful.
Thank you all for all you that you have done.

Announcements:

Links to Google Docs and Brackets have been posted!!!

Important Documents for Participants:

A full list of participants can be found here: https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing

A full list of participants organized by time-zones: https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing

Drop Times for Tournament Participants [Bracket]: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QjFFvhdG4u7NM_s-xtbjuzVTd7cxx3Tb2UKlZa0U1lI/edit?usp=sharing

Mechs for Drops for Tournament Participants [Bracket]: https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing

Time Zone Conversion Chart: https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing

Participation:

No additional participants will be added at this time.

Tournament Schedule on October 10, 2015:
  • 7:30a.m. EST: Streaming on Twitch Begins with on-air commentary. I will answer any questions that you want to ask. [Questions can be posted in the IM system on twitch or post them to the Tournament thread on the MWO forums.
  • 8:30a.m. EST: Private Lobby Opened and our first combatants from Group A are sent invites.
  • 8:45a.m. EST: First Duel (Group A) of the Tournament Begins
  • 10:30a.m. EST: Round #2 Begins for Group A
  • 11:15a.m. EST: Round #3 Begins for Group A
  • 11:30a.m. EST – 12:30p.m. EST: Break
  • 12:31p.m. EST: Private Lobby Re-Opens and our first combatants from Group B are sent invites.
  • 1:00p.m. EST: First duel of Group B Begins
  • 4:15p.m. EST: Round #2 Begins for Group B
  • 5:45p.m. EST: First duel of Group C Begins
  • 7:00p.m. EST: Round #3 Begins for Group B
  • 7:45p.m. EST: Round #2 Begins for Group C
  • 8:15p.m. EST: Round #3 Begins for Group C
  • 8:30p.m. EST: Round #3 Continues for Groups A & C
  • 8:45p.m. EST: Quarter-Finals Begin
  • 9:30p.m. EST: Semi-Finals Begin
  • 9:45p.m. EST: Finals Begin (Last Duel of the Tournament)
Prizes:

Grand Prize: A Resistance 2 Mauler Pack Guaranteed and $333.18 USD in MWO Gift Codes*

Second Prize: $160.00 USD in MWO Gift Codes*
* We have participants who are competing under the “Freebie” entry clause [they know who they are, because we discussed this prior to their registration] and if they win the tournament they have agreed that their winnings be donated directly to the Children’s Hospital of Michigan Foundation and the Resistance 2 Mauler pack will go to the highest placing ticketed participant. Additionally if they win the tournament I will gift code them 7 days premium time for their stupendous efforts.*

How to FULLY Register as a Combatant:

This is now CLOSED. No additional participants may register at this time.

Things to be aware of:
  • You will need both clan and inner sphere mechs.
  • You will need at least one chassis type (light, medium, heavy, assault).
  • This is a single elimination style tournament.
  • Trial mechs can be used during this competition.
  • Hero, Champion, all mechs are able to be used in these duels.
  • Maps on which the duels take place will be at random as well.
  • Alpine Peaks and Tourmaline Desert will not be in the map rotation for this tournament.
  • I will be a spectator in the matches, commentating on them, and streaming them live via twitch and recording the matches to be put onto YouTube at a later date. Be aware of these facts.
  • You will be dueling in a private lobby created by me and you will receive an invite to the lobby 5 minutes before your match begins. For Example, if your match time is 8:00a.m, you will have until 8:05a.m. EST to join the duel or forfeit.
  • You will only have 5 minutes to enter the lobby or forfeit the match to your opponent.
  • In the event of a tie both the combatant with the highest damage score will be declared the winner. (This has been changed, make sure that you are aware of this change as a participant!)
  • Each duel will last only 10 minutes and will be the skirmish game mode.
  • No consumables of any kind can be used during the duels. These include but are not limited to: UAV’s, Air Strikes, etc.…You will be disqualified for using them and your opponent will move on to the next round.
  • Any and all modules can be used during this tournament.
  • If you are slated to compete in a light inner sphere mech for your duel and you drop in any other inner sphere class or a clan mech you will be disqualified and forfeit the match to your opponent.
  • Any and all questions should be addressed to: monitors.unit@gmail.com
  • Most importantly have fun.
Once you join the private lobby:
  • Most importantly have fun. Why was this section added? To address the concerns of fellow participant(s).
  • I will send you an invite to join the private lobby at your designated drop/duel time. You will have 5 minutes to enter the lobby or forfeit the match to your opponent. For Example, if your match time is 8:00a.m, you will have until 8:05a.m. EST to join the duel or forfeit.
  • Once you enter the private lobby you will not be allowed to/ should not change mechs. I can see what mech you enter into the lobby with and it will be noted. For Example, if you enter the lobby within a Hunchback 4J you are expected to duel in that mech. Exception: If you enter the lobby and your opponent has not joined you can change your mech as much as you want, but once your opponent joins you must stick with that mech no matter what it is. For Example, If you drop into the private lobby in a Hunchback 4J and you opponent isn’t in the lobby yet and you decide to change to the Wolverine Q, and then your opponent drops into the lobby you will be fighting in the Wolvarine Q not the Hunchback 4J.
    • SImple solution to this matter, do not change your mech once you drop into the private lobby. Be ready to go once you accept that private lobby invitation.
  • Once you enter the lobby do not leave the lobby.
  • Once you enter the lobby the map that you will be able to see which map you are competing on. These are generated randomly and no map will be fought on twice in a row.
Disconnects:
  • Why was this section added?I had a participant ask me about this and here is my ruling on the matter.
  • If you Disconnect during a match, well simply put...that unfortunate and I am sorry that that happened. But, ultimately you as a participant are responsible for your own internet connection and games stability.
    • My suggestions if you have been experiencing several DC’s as of late:

1. Plug your computer into the router/ internet hub via an ethernet cable.

2. Make sure your internet connection is stable.

3. Lower your graphics settings

• Exception: If I disconnect then the duel will have to be re-fought. ]
Donations:
Donations during the tournament can be made at: [TBA] or at: http://www.chmfounda...elp/donate-now/. Your donation(s) are to be considered to be made in-kind and will not be refunded.

The donation portal for the Charity Tournament will be powered by CrowdRise and will be made available on October 8th, 2015.

Live Stream Channel for the Event:

Twitch TV Channel: http://www.twitch.tv/monitorrobot

As an added bonus I will give out one seven day premium time gift code to a random twitch viewer every time we raise $500. *Note: I really can't afford anything more or to do it more often like I wanted. Sorry. Posted Image

Prize Distribution:
  • All prizes will be distributed to the winners on November 1st, 2015. The Grand Prize Winner and second place winner will need to contact me at either archaeology.am@gmail.com or monitors.unit@gmail.com with a list of the MWO gift items that they would like purchased on their behalf as gifts from the MWO gift store before October 31st, 2015. The gift codes will then be distributed to their e-mail accounts on November 1st, 2015. The Resistance 2 Mauler Pack will be distributed at the convenience of PGI. Upon completion of the tournament the name of the Grand Prize Winner will be sent to Ms. Benoit via the MWO message system on October 15th, 2015 and the Resistance 2 Mauler Pack will be injected into the Grand Prize Winners MWO account at their convenience.
  • The gift codes for the premium time given away during the tournament on twitch will be distributed to the appropriate MWO accounts on November 7th, 2015. The winners of the random drawings on twitch will be asked to provide an e-mail address via private message on twitch to me (Soulstrom) so that I can send you the gift code for the 7 days premium time on November 7th, 2015. E-mails containing your gift code for the premium time will either come from archaeology.am@gmail.com or monitors.unit@gmail.com.
Sponsors:
  • Wayne State University: Sponsored 6 early bird tickets that were raffled off to the community on Monday August 31st.
  • CainenEX: Sponsored another participant.
  • Solaham: Sponsored another participant.
  • Soulstrom: Sponsored 2 participants.
  • Lord Creston: Sponsored 4 participants.
*If I missed you please contact me at monitors.unit@gmail.com so that I can get you up there and recognized for your generosity!

Solicitation:

This charity fundraiser is not directly soliciting donations from any residents from the State of Michigan, USA.

Questions:
For any and all questions please e-mail me at monitors.unit@gmail.com

Ticket Refunds:
Can only be processed through October 9th, 2015. After October 9th, 2015 a refund cannot be issued.

Edited by Soulstrom, 29 February 2016 - 03:59 PM.

#2 Soulstrom

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 844 posts

Posted 30 August 2015 - 05:24 AM

The Winners of the Compete for the Cure Raffle are...!
  • #15 - Scout Derek
  • #4 - BSK
  • #10 - Ace Selin
  • #16 - El Bandito
  • #14 - Squirg
  • #11 - Mnexus
Congratulations to all of our winners and thanks goes out to all who entered. :)

Spoiler

Winners please make sure to email me your e-mail address at monitors.unit@gmail.com or send me a private message through here with your e-mail address so that I can send you your complimentary ticket information. Again, congratulations.

*Sorry about the initial confusion earlier. I was testing out the spoiler function for the forums. The results are posted and are the official results.

Edited by Soulstrom, 01 September 2015 - 01:39 PM.

#3 Soulstrom

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 844 posts

Posted 30 August 2015 - 06:45 AM

New Announcement!

Disregard as this announcement is no longer active.

Edited by Soulstrom, 29 September 2015 - 07:04 PM.

#4 Hades Trooper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,461 posts
  • LocationWillow Tree, NSW

Posted 30 August 2015 - 07:53 AM

View PostSoulstrom, on 30 August 2015 - 05:04 AM, said:

Mech Warriors Unite!

It was mentioned to me that I should post this announcement here and on other popular threads to get the word out. So...here it is. :)

Today begins a new chapter in MWO history.

This will be a live streaming event where MWO pilots will compete in one-on-one duels (loser out system) for the chance to walk away with a $500 MWO prize pack and some major bragging rights. I will be hosting this competition over the course of two weekends where you will duel it out to see who can claim the title of the fiercest mech pilot in MWO. This battle will be limited and ONLY 200 players will be given the chance to compete. This is a online event and all participation is through MWO or you can view the event live streamed via twitch.

Now, ultimately this is a charity event and we are raising money for a cause. This cause is for children's cancer research and proceeds from this event will be donated to The Children's Hospital of Michigan. Nationally recognized as one of the best children's hospitals in the United States; their ground-breaking research has changed the lives of the children who walk through their doors. So let us as a community help continue their great works and raise as much as we can, while destroying some mechs.

For more information on The Children's Hospital of Michigan and their great works can be found at: https://www.childrensdmc.org/

We also have our first sponsor for the event and we are holding a raffle for 6 free participation tickets. Make sure to enter the raffle before the deadline at: http://mwomercs.com/...-ticket-raffle/

Full details for the tournament can be found here at: http://mwomercs.com/...e-for-the-cure/

Full list of sponsors and participants can be found here at: http://mwomercs.com/...onsors-to-date/

This wouldn't even be legal in Australia without the correct permits and authorization.

Are you a registered charity?

Sounds nice and all, but in today's world......

#5 HollowBassman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 172 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 30 August 2015 - 07:59 AM

This is a very cool idea! Unfortunately, it seems you need to have both Clan and IS mechs to compete. I don't own any Clan mechs and I don't see me purchasing one any time soon. When the event starts, I will be sure to watch.

#6 Soulstrom

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 844 posts

Posted 30 August 2015 - 10:10 AM

View PostHollowBassman, on 30 August 2015 - 07:59 AM, said:

This is a very cool idea! Unfortunately, it seems you need to have both Clan and IS mechs to compete. I don't own any Clan mechs and I don't see me purchasing one any time soon. When the event starts, I will be sure to watch.

You can use trial mechs if you don't have any mechs of your own. :)

You do not need to purchase (with c-bills or MC) any mechs to compete. You just need to be aware that you may be slotted to compete in a clan or an inner sphere mech.

This means that if you were slated to compete in a clan mech you would be using one of the available trial mechs.

It is only a suggestion that you have your own so that you can custom build your load-outs, etc...

Also thanks. :)

Edited by Soulstrom, 30 August 2015 - 10:10 AM.

#7 Soulstrom

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 844 posts

Posted 30 August 2015 - 10:18 AM

Deadline is CLOSED

:)

Edited by Soulstrom, 29 September 2015 - 07:05 PM.

#8 Mechwarrior Buddah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 30 August 2015 - 10:21 AM

dollar purse... wasnt the last one of these the one that caught the cheaters?

View PostHades Trooper, on 30 August 2015 - 07:53 AM, said:

This wouldn't even be legal in Australia without the correct permits and authorization.

Are you a registered charity?

Sounds nice and all, but in today's world......

and legality for the lose

#9 Soulstrom

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 844 posts

Posted 30 August 2015 - 10:23 AM

View PostMechwarrior Buddah, on 30 August 2015 - 10:21 AM, said:

This is a charity event raising money for cancer research. The grand prize or "purse" is TBA.

Regarding the cheaters thing, I am not sure what you are talking about.

I don't remember an event like that taking place.

Edited by Soulstrom, 29 September 2015 - 07:05 PM.

#10 Scout Derek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,015 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 30 August 2015 - 11:05 AM

View PostMechwarrior Buddah, on 30 August 2015 - 10:21 AM, said:

and legality for the lose

Let's not bring that into this Mr. Buddah, this IS for a charity you know ;)

#11 Mechwarrior Buddah

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 30 August 2015 - 11:20 AM

View PostScout Derek, on 30 August 2015 - 11:05 AM, said:

Let's not bring that into this Mr. Buddah, this IS for a charity you know ;)

lets not bring the legality of said event into the question?

um....

#12 Scout Derek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,015 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 30 August 2015 - 11:26 AM

View PostMechwarrior Buddah, on 30 August 2015 - 11:20 AM, said:

lets not bring the legality of said event into the question?

um....

What I'm saying is not to talk about the past and look to the future.

And if there are cheaters again that's better, as we can ban them and see the tricks they so wildly use and abuse to make sure others don't follow in suit.

Last note: if you're going to cheat to win during a charity event, shame on you, shame on you...

#13 Mechwarrior Buddah

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 30 August 2015 - 11:35 AM

View PostSoulstrom, on 30 August 2015 - 10:23 AM, said:

This is a charity event raising money for cancer research. The grand prize or "purse" is $500 USD.

Regarding the cheaters thing, I am not sure what you are talking about.

I don't remember an event like that taking place.

http://mwomercs.com/...55#entry4462255

That started at a tourney where the purse was money as I remember

The question of wether its a real charity or not is a good one too

Edited by Mechwarrior Buddah, 30 August 2015 - 11:36 AM.

#14 Soulstrom

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 844 posts

Posted 30 August 2015 - 12:22 PM

View PostMechwarrior Buddah, on 30 August 2015 - 11:35 AM, said:

http://mwomercs.com/...55#entry4462255

That started at a tourney where the purse was money as I remember

The question of wether its a real charity or not is a good one too

All I have to say is why?

I don't know what ax anyone would have to grind here about, but please prevent from trolling this thread and rant or comment negatively somewhere else, please.

This is a charity event for cancer research and the money is being donated to a Children's Hospital.

This is also an opt-in event and you don't have to participate if you don't want to.

But attempts to sway people from participating, inserting doubts about this cause, etc...is just [Insert your own [[...]]] here].

Please leave this thread alone. I have no way (like PGI) to control who cheats and who doesn't.

So please follow Scout Derek's example and...

View PostScout Derek, on 30 August 2015 - 11:26 AM, said:

What I'm saying is not to talk about the past and look to the future.

And if there are cheaters again that's better, as we can ban them and see the tricks they so wildly use and abuse to make sure others don't follow in suit.

Last note: if you're going to cheat to win during a charity event, shame on you, shame on you...

Edited by Soulstrom, 30 August 2015 - 01:59 PM.

#15 Mechwarrior Buddah

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 30 August 2015 - 12:26 PM

sorry making sure **** is legal is trolling to you -.-

and talking about old contests.

Edited by Mechwarrior Buddah, 30 August 2015 - 12:29 PM.

#16 Soulstrom

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 844 posts

Posted 30 August 2015 - 12:51 PM

PLEASE:
I do not want to argue on the forums, please. If people would like to talk about old contests where people cheated please feel free to do so and start a new forum. Please, please don't detract from what is trying to be accomplished here.

UPDATE:
All questions concerning the earlier mentioned legality issues and charity status have been answered. Please message me or post there if you have any further questions. Again, all the details for this tournament can be found here.

Thanks goes out to all those who have registered so far and those who have supported this event since its announcement! I really appreciate it.

On another note...
I am sorry to hear that an event had an issue where people cheated. It is inevitable that someone might do so, we all hope the don't but really, there is nothing I can do or anyone for that matter who can prevent that from happening. I wish I had a way, but I do not. Sorry. :(

Edited by Soulstrom, 02 September 2015 - 02:46 PM.

#17 Soulstrom

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 844 posts

Posted 30 August 2015 - 01:34 PM

View PostHades Trooper, on 30 August 2015 - 07:53 AM, said:

I am surprised to learn that a charity event like this one would not be legal in the Australia without permits, etc... That is actually really interesting.

#18 Soulstrom

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 844 posts

Posted 30 August 2015 - 01:57 PM

Bumpety, bump-bump. Bumpety, bump-bump. Over the hills of other threads we go. :)

#19 Soulstrom

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 844 posts

Posted 30 August 2015 - 02:12 PM

Bumpety, bump-bump. Bumpety, bump-bump. Lets see how long this song will gooo. ;)

#20 Soulstrom

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 844 posts

Posted 30 August 2015 - 06:03 PM

Any way to get this pinned?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users