Windows 10 Graphical Issue

10 replies to this topic

#1 Sad Panda

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 30 posts

Posted 30 August 2015 - 09:11 AM

I have been having serious issues getting MWO to work on a fresh install of Windows 10 pro.

Issues as follows:

1. Downloading base game always got stuck at 3.54 Gig and then timeout error popped up. - Fixed itself somehow.

2. Then I got a Visual Basic error when trying to launch. - Fixed by uninstalling all versions of VB redistributable and manually reinstalling

3. Then I had DX input errors. - Fixed by running DXWebsetup to install old versions of DirectX

4. When I finally got the game to boot, went into graphics settings to set to 1080p and guess what? On applying 1920 X 1080, half the screen disappears at the top of the screen.

Now I cant run the blasted game or revert back to default settings.

Any advice?

Hardware:

I7 4790K
Asus x97-P Mobo
16Gb DDR3
Nvidia GTX 980

Spent all weekend trying to get the game to work.

Edited by Sad Panda, 30 August 2015 - 10:01 AM.

#2 ActiveHate

• Pip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 15 posts

Posted 30 August 2015 - 09:31 AM

Could it be some RAM memory are failing? Maybe run a free app to check your RAM hardware. I once had a burnt out RAM and allmost every time i tried download something it failed. If it didnt, the data were corrupted and useless.

#3 BluefireMW

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 238 posts

Posted 30 August 2015 - 09:37 AM

profile?
and change settings there?
it's in the documents drawer.

Edited by BluefireMW, 30 August 2015 - 10:03 AM.

#4 BlueWaffleBuffet

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 21 posts

Posted 30 August 2015 - 10:04 AM

you said fresh install.. updated the video drivers? im on windows 10 pro, and the only issue i had required downloading a .net or some other MS package to resolve an error launching, but nothing graphical.

#5 ActiveHate

• Pip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 15 posts

Posted 30 August 2015 - 10:27 AM

Did u try checking your 16GB of RAM?
If you have bad sectors, even a single one, your whole win10 installation could be corrupted if you downloaded it - im guessing. And it would explain all your problems

#6 Golrar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 359 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 30 August 2015 - 06:44 PM

GTX 980 or 980 Ti? Found this tidbit on the web. Perhaps there are still compatibility issues going on?

http://techfrag.com/...get-windows-10/

Have you tried running in Windowed mode? There should be a way to reset MWO to default graphics settings, just search this sub forum, I am sure somebody knows how.

#7 Catamount

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LIEUTENANT, JUNIOR GRADE
  • 3,305 posts
  • LocationBoone, NC

Posted 30 August 2015 - 07:14 PM

View PostGolrar, on 30 August 2015 - 06:44 PM, said:

GTX 980 or 980 Ti? Found this tidbit on the web. Perhaps there are still compatibility issues going on?

http://techfrag.com/...get-windows-10/

Have you tried running in Windowed mode? There should be a way to reset MWO to default graphics settings, just search this sub forum, I am sure somebody knows how.

I don't know if W10 still has problems installing, but running with a 980TI isn't an issue.

In fact I've been running MWO on Windows 10 since a Windows 10 pre-release was publicly available, without a problem of note (some real early builds had occasional BSODs, as did 10041), and I've been using a 980TI since a few weeks after they came out in many games (Alien Isolation, WoWs, WoW, MWO, Space Engineers, L4D2), never with any issue.

#8 Golrar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 359 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 31 August 2015 - 02:31 AM

It may not even be anything remotely to do with Windows 10, either. I have weird happenings with my 970 on Windows 7 from time to time since about 3 driver releases ago. And then they went away with the latest release. Might be a good time to check for an updated driver. I am not familiar with 10 yet, so I don't know if updates still work the same?

#9 Aleksandr Malthis

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 12:23 PM

I am also having issues running the game for some reason I get an error that says my gtx 550ti is not compatible. im pretty sure its a driver issue so well see what happens after the next few updates. have you tried running the game in compatibility mode set to win 7 or 8? if so and its still not working you could also be having driver problems.

#10 NocturnalBeast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 23 September 2015 - 01:01 PM

I got Win 10 the day it came out and NVIDIA had just put out Win 10 drivers that day, so try drivers first. If it was bad RAM your computer would crash at certain times. It could be your hard drive, run checkdisk.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users