3 replies to this topic

#1 Warzog

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 50 posts
  • LocationAboard the Wildcat's Leopard dropship: The Lair

Posted 31 August 2015 - 08:16 AM

During the Blood Money event I couldn't help but notice that almost half of the players were Heavy mechs, which made getting into a match very hard. It took 3-20 minutes or never to get into one.
Combine that with what I've seen while spectating, I was wondering if we could get a game mode whereby lights and mediums went against each other, and heavies and assaults went against each other.
My reasoning, beyond being able to get into matches faster, is that light and medium battles are really fast paced, while the heavy and assault matchups are painfully slow and dull.

#2 Nik Reaper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,273 posts

Posted 31 August 2015 - 08:21 AM

More like they should allow 4 of each class in to a game while still trying to do 3x4 but if there just is not enough of one kind just do 4 of what they have ( still a 12v12 game ) as long as each team has the same number of the same kind.

#3 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,443 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 01 September 2015 - 04:08 AM

View PostWarzog, on 31 August 2015 - 08:16 AM, said:

During the Blood Money event I couldn't help but notice that almost half of the players were Heavy mechs, which made getting into a match very hard. It took 3-20 minutes or never to get into one.
Combine that with what I've seen while spectating, I was wondering if we could get a game mode whereby lights and mediums went against each other, and heavies and assaults went against each other.
My reasoning, beyond being able to get into matches faster, is that light and medium battles are really fast paced, while the heavy and assault matchups are painfully slow and dull.

Aaaaaaaam.... ever heard of SOLARIS? :P

Google it... and then +1 the thread requesting it..

http://mwomercs.com/...tyle-game-mode/

#4 Hotthedd

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • 3,213 posts
  • LocationDixie

Posted 01 September 2015 - 09:35 AM

View PostNik Reaper, on 31 August 2015 - 08:21 AM, said:

More like they should allow 4 of each class in to a game while still trying to do 3x4 but if there just is not enough of one kind just do 4 of what they have ( still a 12v12 game ) as long as each team has the same number of the same kind.

Back when drops were matched by class I remember one of the most fun drops I ever had. It was something like 1 or 2 heavies, 1 or 2 lights, and the rest mediums.

Great fast paced, but still tactical match.

...good times....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users