Are Gold Clan Mechs Holding Their Value?

11 replies to this topic

#1 PeeWrinkle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 384 posts

Posted 31 August 2015 - 04:25 PM

I have checked the forum looking for players opinions on the Gold Clan Mechs that were offered with Clan Wave 1.

Most of what I have found is the following (paraphrased of course):
1. Price is outrageous (Well yes, but in my opinion it was really a way for those who love the game to show their support - only reason I got one actually)
2. Team kill central (Never seen this or had it happen to me)
3. Haters going to Hate (you might get joked a bit, at lease at release, but no one seems to really care now)
4. Can I get..... in Gold? (Sorry, was a one time deal as far as I know)

As an owner of a Gold Summoner I have my own opinions which I will share later, but what I really want to know is do owners of Gold Clan Mechs feel like they have gotten there value from the purchase?

The reason I ask is I hardly ever see them in matches. I only dropped with mine about 10 times, mostly because I don't really have a reason too. I got the Summoner, which is my favorite in TT, but in MWO I never really fell in love with it.

For me, I got my moneys worth in the fact that I got to support a game I really like and believe in. As for in game value, I feel a bit let down. I didn't really get anything but a gold skinned mech that I rarely play. I wonder if I would have went with the Timberwolf instead if I would have played it more? I doubt it because I don't really play those much either since most of my game time is spent leveling new chassis (I spend C-Bills like on these things like my Ex-Wife spent real money on Coach Purses!).

At any rate I am really curious as to how other Gold Mech owners value their purchase a year and half later?

Thanks

#2 Nightshade24

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 31 August 2015 - 05:13 PM

mathmatically speaking you still save 100 USD approximately from buying a gold mech instead of the multi hundreds from buying a warhawk- compared to buying everythign with MC (I went with hero prices for the premium and wave 1 mechs) however tehcnically speaking the exclusive war horn- the gold mech- etc cost much more then the ones that are everywhere. even then normal prime mechs would have costed more then normal to but only slightly however these estimated values are not in the part of the math I did so I left it with 100+ Even then it wasn't meant for straight up value.

However besides math and statistics I can't answer this in practical as I do not own a hero mech- just thought this input was important.

#3 Wayreth

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 109 posts

Posted 31 August 2015 - 05:50 PM

Gold clan mechs are a beacon for everyone to shoot them. TK does not apply to anyone in a gold lame' suit.

#4 PeeWrinkle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 384 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 03:58 PM

View PostWayreth, on 31 August 2015 - 05:50 PM, said:

Gold clan mechs are a beacon for everyone to shoot them. TK does not apply to anyone in a gold lame' suit.

I have to disagree. I have never seen one, including mine get TK'ed. That is a total farce.

#5 xMintaka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 882 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 04:05 PM

I'm still happy with my gold 'Fox. It doesn't see much playtime nowadays though due to the quirkening and massively reduced TTK.

Never been killed by a friendly in it. Most people just laugh/say cool when they see a gold Kit Fox (might be the only one, lol). It does draw fire from enemies quite a bit though.

My only regret is that I didn't pick the Warhawk instead. I've fallen in love with the -Prime in a superstock config.

#6 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 03 September 2015 - 01:38 AM

Well the quirkening shafted the Prime Nova, since mobility is damn important and the NVA B just does it better.

View PostLunatech, on 02 September 2015 - 04:05 PM, said:

I'm still happy with my gold 'Fox. It doesn't see much playtime nowadays though due to the quirkening and massively reduced TTK.

Never been killed by a friendly in it. Most people just laugh/say cool when they see a gold Kit Fox (might be the only one, lol). It does draw fire from enemies quite a bit though.

My only regret is that I didn't pick the Warhawk instead. I've fallen in love with the -Prime in a superstock config.

you could still ask spport if they may exchange your gold fox for a gold WHK. Since ther eis not price difference at all, Maybe they do.

#7 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 03 September 2015 - 03:45 AM

View PostLily from animove, on 03 September 2015 - 01:38 AM, said:

Well the quirkening shafted the Prime Nova, since mobility is damn important and the NVA B just does it better.

you could still ask spport if they may exchange your gold fox for a gold WHK. Since ther eis not price difference at all, Maybe they do.

may be complicated, because htey tried to keep it limited stock of each mech and they may not have prepared to have a "refund of a kitfox so +1 kitfox to the kitfox pool but -1 to the warhawk pool". just an idea... -shrugs-

#8 xMintaka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 882 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 04:46 AM

View PostLily from animove, on 03 September 2015 - 01:38 AM, said:

I suppose I could. But I highly doubt they'll do that since I've received and used the KFX.

#9 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 03 September 2015 - 05:18 AM

Even as someone who doesn't like Clan mechs and is an IS purist, people who bought the gold mechs were really funding this game and showing their support. It's like a kickstarter where there's a $150 buy-in for a $20 product. You're throwing in that much because you can and you want to see the project be successful.

I've also never seen one of these TK'd. It's funny, but it's a myth.

Edited by Dawnstealer, 03 September 2015 - 05:19 AM.

#10 SpiralFace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,151 posts
  • LocationAlshain

Posted 03 September 2015 - 05:35 AM

I've never been TK'ed in my gold mech. Got called a few things on chat in solo queue by a few people who where WAY too butt hurt about the entire thing. (Funny because in 2/3rds of those games, they where among the first to be killed and then bitched about it in all chat.)

I got the timber wolf, and I'll take it out in CW from time to time or in private matches, but for the most part, I simply don't play it anymore because I have too many other mechs I need to level up.

#11 PeeWrinkle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 384 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 10:27 AM

I doubt they would ever do this, but it would be cool to see one of those weekend events reward Gold Clan Mech owners. The reason I doubt they would, is there aren't that many Gold Clan Mechs. I don't know the total number per chassis, but they were limited in availability and I believe only the Timberwolf and Dire Wolf sold out? Not 100% sure though.

Although the more I think about it, it would be awesome to play a few days with Gold Mechs everywhere! LOL

#12 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 04 September 2015 - 10:52 AM

View PostPeeWrinkle, on 04 September 2015 - 10:27 AM, said:

I doubt they would ever do this, but it would be cool to see one of those weekend events reward Gold Clan Mech owners. The reason I doubt they would, is there aren't that many Gold Clan Mechs. I don't know the total number per chassis, but they were limited in availability and I believe only the Timberwolf and Dire Wolf sold out? Not 100% sure though.

Although the more I think about it, it would be awesome to play a few days with Gold Mechs everywhere! LOL

only the TBR is sold out
https://mwomercs.com/clans

some are now below 50.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users