Something Fishy About The Black Knight On The "blood Moon Mc Harvest" Sale Image...

11 replies to this topic

#1 Nightshade24

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 31 August 2015 - 04:33 PM

Posted Image

I was for some reason staring at the menu to long then I should have and it went over this a few times- I quickly looked at the arm and noticed "that is not a laser or a PPC..." it has at least 2 'barrels' and those 'rings' around those 2+ barrels are the same as a UAC in MW: O-

Okay, I double checked however if there was a black knight with multiple energy hardpoints in the arm because obviously it could be twin PPC's but the shadow skewed my perception?
Well... it has 3 energy side torso on the right (it's right). Thus it is implied this is the BL-7-KNT because it has 3 energy hardpoints in 1 side torso and all the other black knights only got 2
Well the other problem is this has 2 AMS... only found on the blackknight BL-6-KNT which doesn't have the unique 3E side torso...

But no black knight in game has 3 energy hardpoints in 1 arm and this guy already has a PPC- I should also add that the other arm also has a PPC

Does this imply that there may be a possible hero black knight that has at least.

7 Energy Hardpoints
1 Ballistic Hardpoint
2 AMS hardpoints

or is this a PGI-troll mech they made with console commands?

The thing is this mech fits in a way as it has equal hardpoints to all the other black knights.

I have no idea what is up w ith this black knight but I want to know more and if that is a hero black knight then I want to buy it because my fave blackknight from MW4 used a ballistic.

What do you think about this?
In case you didn't know all 4 variants PGI is giving in the upcoming pack ONLY has E hardpoints and seeing this guy with the blood pact skin may imply it's a 5th c-bill variant.

#2 Night Thastus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 825 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 03:06 PM

It might just be visual style, or it might be the real deal. Not a hero, per se, but just a regular one. Tons of the Inner Sphere 'Mechs have buffs in the form of extra hardpoints.

Edited by Night Thastus, 02 September 2015 - 03:55 PM.

#3 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 02 September 2015 - 03:20 PM

View PostNight Thastus, on 02 September 2015 - 03:06 PM, said:

It might just be visual style, or it might be the real deal. Not a hero, per se, but just a regular one. Tons of the is 'Mechs have buffs in the form of extra hardpoints.

That may explain the energy in the side torso and the double AMS.

But no where in Mechwarrior online has there been a hardpoint for a weapon that was never on the mech to begin with.

All black knights are completely Energy unless you count ams.
But no black knight in lore or in MW: O has a B hardpoint..

#4 Night Thastus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 825 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 03:56 PM

View PostNightshade24, on 02 September 2015 - 03:20 PM, said:

That may explain the energy in the side torso and the double AMS.

But no where in Mechwarrior online has there been a hardpoint for a weapon that was never on the mech to begin with.

All black knights are completely Energy unless you count ams.
But no black knight in lore or in MW: O has a B hardpoint..

And no Shadowcat in the lore has 3 ballistics in the left arm and torso. That entire variant (The SHC-P) was made up by PGI. Don't put it past them if they feel it's needed.

#5 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 02 September 2015 - 04:48 PM

View PostNight Thastus, on 02 September 2015 - 03:56 PM, said:

And no Shadowcat in the lore has 3 ballistics in the left arm and torso. That entire variant (The SHC-P) was made up by PGI. Don't put it past them if they feel it's needed.

true: but we already got 3 black knights from lore (already able to be in game), we already got a 4th: and we are already seeing a leaked picture of what appears to be a 5th?

On top of that: your comment is false:

Shadowcat P is a downgraded PGI version of the Shadowcat J which has nearly identical load out but being late tech which is:
1 x Hyper Assault Gauss rifle 20 (HAG 20) and 6 x Anti Personell Gauss Rifles.

See the simularities?
Gauss Rifle and HAG 20 have simulate range, tonnage, both are ballistics, etc.
AP gauss rifles are light ballistic weapons made to target people just like machine guns.

that has 1 HAG 20, we got 1 Gauss
that has 6 AP gauss, we got 6 MG's.

It's nearly a direct downgrade in terms of tech with some slight ton relocation.

This mech is fare from a made up mech: would have been a better example to show one of the mad up IS mechs like hte Panther with that op dakka arm of doom. Or the Enforcer with duel ballistics, or the 2nd and 3rd orion IIC, etc...

Also a ballistic arm isn't the most logical thing to do to make a black knight stand out: adding jumpjet or ECM hardpoint would have been better as many black knights had these as field mods.

#6 Night Thastus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 825 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 05:21 PM

Got me there, but inflated hardpoints are certainly a thing:

Dragon 5n - Has 3x Ballistics, but only one UAC, and 2x energy, but only 1 medium.

This pattern occurs on all the dragons.

Catapult A1 is similar. 3x Missle in both arms, but only had 1 LRM-15 in each arm.

Pretty much any "underperformer" gets the hardpoint buff treatment.

I don't know why they'd bother doing that on the Black Knight though, since it's not even out yet...

#7 Kiiyor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 5,564 posts
  • LocationSCIENCE.

Posted 02 September 2015 - 05:48 PM

View PostNightshade24, on 31 August 2015 - 04:33 PM, said:

Posted Image

I was for some reason staring at the menu to long then I should have and it went over this a few times- I quickly looked at the arm and noticed "that is not a laser or a PPC..." it has at least 2 'barrels' and those 'rings' around those 2+ barrels are the same as a UAC in MW: O-

Okay, I double checked however if there was a black knight with multiple energy hardpoints in the arm because obviously it could be twin PPC's but the shadow skewed my perception?
Well... it has 3 energy side torso on the right (it's right). Thus it is implied this is the BL-7-KNT because it has 3 energy hardpoints in 1 side torso and all the other black knights only got 2
Well the other problem is this has 2 AMS... only found on the blackknight BL-6-KNT which doesn't have the unique 3E side torso...

But no black knight in game has 3 energy hardpoints in 1 arm and this guy already has a PPC- I should also add that the other arm also has a PPC

Does this imply that there may be a possible hero black knight that has at least.

7 Energy Hardpoints
1 Ballistic Hardpoint
2 AMS hardpoints

or is this a PGI-troll mech they made with console commands?

The thing is this mech fits in a way as it has equal hardpoints to all the other black knights.

I have no idea what is up w ith this black knight but I want to know more and if that is a hero black knight then I want to buy it because my fave blackknight from MW4 used a ballistic.

What do you think about this?
In case you didn't know all 4 variants PGI is giving in the upcoming pack ONLY has E hardpoints and seeing this guy with the blood pact skin may imply it's a 5th c-bill variant.

From what i've seen of the design process on instagram, they seem to have most of the weapon and equipment hardpoints filled at some point. Maybe this is just an indication of where all the hardpoints would be across all the variants, and this is more of a 'master' copy of the mech that is then pared down to make individual variants.

#8 impar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 117 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 06:28 PM

Check this:
https://instagram.com/p/6qPjG2jPg6

#9 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 02 September 2015 - 10:05 PM

View PostNight Thastus, on 02 September 2015 - 05:21 PM, said:

Got me there, but inflated hardpoints are certainly a thing:

Dragon 5n - Has 3x Ballistics, but only one UAC, and 2x energy, but only 1 medium.

This pattern occurs on all the dragons.

Catapult A1 is similar. 3x Missle in both arms, but only had 1 LRM-15 in each arm.

Pretty much any "underperformer" gets the hardpoint buff treatment.

I don't know why they'd bother doing that on the Black Knight though, since it's not even out yet...

They do hardpoint inflations on all battlemechs to simply get it at a much higher number typically between 5 hardpoints to 9 depending on the mech and variant.

However it isn't completely random at times: for eg the catapult A1 you mentioned actually had a field modification that was known as the Catapult A1 special (or informally the 'splat cat' which was popularised by MW: O) which had 6 x SRM 6's.
another reason for 6 hardpoints is because the C1 got 2M 4E (total: 6), the C4 got a buff that gave it more M, total 4M 2E (6), so having 6M was logical on the A1.

View PostKiiyor, on 02 September 2015 - 05:48 PM, said:

From what i've seen of the design process on instagram, they seem to have most of the weapon and equipment hardpoints filled at some point. Maybe this is just an indication of where all the hardpoints would be across all the variants, and this is more of a 'master' copy of the mech that is then pared down to make individual variants.

View Postimpar, on 02 September 2015 - 06:28 PM, said:

Well I guess that solves my answer. As beyond the black knight I bare witness to a Mauler with a gauss in 1 arm and a UAC in the other. (oh god I would love a 6 to 8 ballistic mauler with ballistics being in the arms and torso)

#10 Bespoke Cheese Cake

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 225 posts
  • LocationThem Interwebs, often in K-Town

Posted 04 September 2015 - 05:49 PM

Black Knight with UAC-5 ? hmm... A triangle has three points and a UAC-5 has three barrels... PGI ILLUMINATI CONFIRMED!!!

#11 Captain Artemis

• PipPipPip
  • The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 67 posts

Posted 07 March 2016 - 03:28 AM

I think they were trying to bring this badass PPC from the concept art on the right arm, (kind a like Vindicator), but something in the creating process went wrong and right now we got this ugly one looking design.
My answer to the PGI:

http://shamenun.com/

#12 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 26 March 2016 - 02:54 PM

View PostCaptain Artemis, on 07 March 2016 - 03:28 AM, said:

I think they were trying to bring this badass PPC from the concept art on the right arm, (kind a like Vindicator), but something in the creating process went wrong and right now we got this ugly one looking design.
My answer to the PGI:

http://shamenun.com/

Well the thing is you see the normal PPC underslinged on the arm, on that arm we see a UAC 5. When they have a mech showing all weapon modules and stuff on the mech they often only show weapons on mechs that actually have those hardpoints. Implying some black knight in game has a ballistic arm. My money is that it's a hero mech.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users