#21 Boyka

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 123 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 12:14 PM

View PostGrayson Sortek, on 01 September 2015 - 11:01 AM, said:

Really?
At least I can get dual UAC5s in the chest that are almost eye-level, thus making myself a hill-humping-zombie-of-doom. The Gargoyle on the other hand... I gave it an honest try, and nothing I did could really save that thing from horrible design and low hard-points.

Try this:
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...0cfb6a82624bc79
Best Gargoyle build for me, 3 kills 500 dmg in average per match.
Just put the mpls in chain fire cause if you fire 6 spls and then the 4 mpls with the wrong timing you simply shutdown for half minute or more..
Try until you get elite efficiencies, you will notice great improvements.

I also have executioner but despite MASC and JJ I cant do better than the Gargoyle, excessive mass and less agility.

Edited by Boyka, 01 September 2015 - 12:26 PM.

#22 LorDGuilhotinA

• PipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 50 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 12:30 PM

guess i have something to spend my 60kk cbills...
about bad or good mechs, i can tell there is no bad mechs, only bad pilots, or pilots that dont fit a mech playstile

from experience on zeus, i thought its was a bad mech, but then this event hapens and i found myself kicking some asses with th ® variant of the zeus, i still cant believe how good this mech is with just 4 med lasers and an ac10.

#23 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 01 September 2015 - 12:37 PM

View PostMekanïk Destruktïw Kommandöh, on 01 September 2015 - 10:45 AM, said:

EXE

IS

THE

WORST

MECH

of MWO

Nah. Worst Mech is the Vindicator.

I'd rate Shadow Cat as being worse than Executioner.

#24 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 01 September 2015 - 12:41 PM

View PostBoyka, on 01 September 2015 - 12:14 PM, said:

Too hot.

Try Gauss + 4ERML, for better heat management. Maybe even Gauss + 6ERSL.

#25 Big Tin Man

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 01:06 PM

D pods for cbills? I may just have try out the double thunderwub

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...b8035c8136ca186

Yes, redistribute the armor

Yes, don't alpha ever.

Edited by Big Tin Man, 01 September 2015 - 01:07 PM.

#26 Johnsnowknowsnothing

Rookie

• Little Helper
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 01:44 PM

says available for C bills, store says cash too. someone go ahead and crush my fragile hopes of owning without paying.

#27 Luscious Dan

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,146 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 01 September 2015 - 01:59 PM

May hold off on this until the next quirk pass. Hard to imagine the 7 energy hardpoint not getting the nerf bat applied to it. And a UAC jam chance arm/torso would be sooo welcome.

Seriously, Cheetah and Shadow Cat got quirks, so load up the Koala :D

#28 Boyka

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 123 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 03:57 PM

View PostAppogee, on 01 September 2015 - 12:41 PM, said:

Too hot.

Try Gauss + 4ERML, for better heat management. Maybe even Gauss + 6ERSL.

Not for me, never (except big mistakes) everheating neither in Terra Therma, never said was a simple mech to use, you need lot of heat discipline, btw the effort are well rewarnded.

Gauss + ermls is a snipe build in a mech with low mounted weapons and no lower arm actuator; you have to expose almost all your mass to hit something, not a good choice for a Gargoyle in my opinion, btw this machine is fast, armored and agile enough for fight in the mid to short distance; so spls, mpls, SRMs and UACs are the best choice here.

Edited by Boyka, 01 September 2015 - 03:58 PM.

#29 Xetelian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,371 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 04:27 PM

Jump jets are why I didn't buy this mech.

#30 bad arcade kitty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 05:01 PM

exe is one of the best peekers especially for an assault

View PostGrayson Sortek, on 01 September 2015 - 11:01 AM, said:

Really?
At least I can get dual UAC5s in the chest that are almost eye-level, thus making myself a hill-humping-zombie-of-doom. The Gargoyle on the other hand... I gave it an honest try, and nothing I did could really save that thing from horrible design and low hard-points.

try close range laser builds

#31 Sigilum Sanctum

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,673 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 01 September 2015 - 06:03 PM

Traditional Laser Vomit
Medium Pulse Laser Vomit
Gauss Sword and Board
LBX Face Smasher

Give these a try guys, they're pretty fun for me.

#32 CH4CH

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 62 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 06:18 PM

First time that I piloted the mech, my thought it was suck. But, after many adjusting it, this turn to be a good mech. I just mastered the prime yesterday, which loaded with LBX20, couple of CMPLs, and dual MGs. The next might be var.A with dual UAC5s and 6ersmls. Also looking for the D torso parts and missles, about the 7 energy pods, is inconsidering....this mech has the heat issue, must need querks....or MASC pods should be replacement options with unMASC pod...

#33 Mechteric

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 01 September 2015 - 06:26 PM

The only beef I have with the mech is that since it went with Ferro and not Endo, it's being gypped out of a few tons of potential space. It has quite a bit less free tonnage for its weapons than a Warhawk that is 10 tons lighter as a result.

Maybe, just maybe, one of these days Endo and Ferro will become changeable among omni mechs.

Edited by CapperDeluxe, 01 September 2015 - 06:27 PM.

#34 NUJRSYDEVIL

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 331 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 10:56 AM

I believe I saw an EXE for 18+ million C-Bills last night which made it more expensive than the richest Dire Wolf.

1) That's insane

2) As another posterpointed out, the EXE has the potential to be a laser boat beast, but we all know it's going to get nerfed. If PGI is nerfing Timberwolves with 2 or 3 energy hard points than it's inevitable they are going to come down hard on the EXE. Turning a crappy mech into a DOA one.

3) (almost forgot this one) MASC is nice, but not needed. Jumpjets are.....well I had a DWF-S and it was amusing, but I would never use the locked JJ unless I decided to jump off a cliff and try to minimize leg damage.

Edited by NUJRSYDEVIL, 02 September 2015 - 10:59 AM.

#35 Voivode

• The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 11:46 AM

1) I totally sold my my Direwolves and bought the Executioner. So far it seems like a good decision, I was not a fan of a mech that sluggish, though the firepower of DW is pretty absurd.

2) My sample size is small, but so far my best success has come from mixed builds of Laser/Ballistic or Laser/Missile. Plus, I don't think the QQ or collected data sets will be there to justify a nerf of this mech.

3) MASC is useful for corner poking as you can flip from full forward to full reverse (and vice versa) almost instantly. Since most hard points are in the arms, that boost to corner poking fighting styles is nice. The extra top speed for roughly 10 seconds can also be useful in certain situations (like crossing open terrain dodging from cover to cover) but the prime draw of MASC in my estimation is the ability to flip your momentum near instantly.

Unlike the DW-S, there are enough JJs on the EXE to get up a cliff like the ones on Canyon Network. Some might not feel that's worth all the locked weight, and that's fair enough. I appreciate agility from my mechs as it fits my playstyle well, so I've had a good time with the EXE so far.

#36 Wildstreak

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 12:36 PM

So far the base of my best builds have been
1 - 2cLPLs in side torsos, either both in RT or one in each
2 - 2cUAC5 in RT
3 - UAC20 in LA
Finish build from there.
Despite having 4, I could only find these three as base starting points. I even tried a LRM version, nope.

Note only the D LA with the Missile ports can use a Lower Arm Acuator, all but the A RA can have them, these are needed for Arm Targeting.

View PostDesintegrator, on 01 September 2015 - 09:23 AM, said:

Wow - so many Cbills !

Are you crazy....

I have to play some hours for that 4 Mechs !

Worth it.

View PostDarthHias, on 01 September 2015 - 10:42 AM, said:

So... is the Exe worth it? I like agile Assaults like the Wubshee and the Warhawk so I´m considering the Exe.

Same tonnage as a Banshee, better speed and maneuvering, less weapons but if you know how to use them.....
I even once saw the Wubcutioner, 4cLPLs. Either it runs VERY hot or someone cut down some armor for extra DHS.

Have no idea on Warhawks as I do not own them.

View PostMekanïk Destruktïw Kommandöh, on 01 September 2015 - 10:45 AM, said:

Having over 200 mechs, have to say:

EXE

IS

THE

WORST

MECH

of MWO

period

Pure pain instead of Omnimech.

Nope.

View PostLuscious Dan, on 01 September 2015 - 01:59 PM, said:

May hold off on this until the next quirk pass. Hard to imagine the 7 energy hardpoint not getting the nerf bat applied to it. And a UAC jam chance arm/torso would be sooo welcome.

Seriously, Cheetah and Shadow Cat got quirks, so load up the Koala :D

Actually I see little use for the 7E, 6 of the smaller lasers is the GH limit.
Then I never put weaons in the RA as it is the Shield Arm.

#37 bad arcade kitty

• Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 01:00 PM

View PostNUJRSYDEVIL, on 02 September 2015 - 10:56 AM, said:

I believe I saw an EXE for 18+ million C-Bills last night which made it more expensive than the richest Dire Wolf.

1) That's insane

exe is more expensive than dire by the lore (their lore prices are 29,350,000 and 35,713,073 c-bills)

2) As another posterpointed out, the EXE has the potential to be a laser boat beast, but we all know it's going to get nerfed. If PGI is nerfing Timberwolves with 2 or 3 energy hard points than it's inevitable they are going to come down hard on the EXE. Turning a crappy mech into a DOA one.

it's silly
they dont nerf robots by their number of energy hardpoints only, do you think gargoyle is going to be nerfed too, lol

Edited by bad arcade kitty, 02 September 2015 - 01:02 PM.

#38 NUJRSYDEVIL

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 331 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 01:32 PM

View Postbad arcade kitty, on 02 September 2015 - 01:00 PM, said:

it's silly
they dont nerf robots by their number of energy hardpoints only, do you think gargoyle is going to be nerfed too, lol

The reason the Gargoyle will never see nerfs is because they want someone playing with them. The Gargoyle was such trash when it came out that it was included in that small group of clan mechs that got minor buffs to make them playable.

Nerf the Gargoyle and it becomes the new Mist Lynx, and by that I mean you'll never see a sane person playing with one.

#39 Grayson Sortek

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 371 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 05:46 AM

View PostBoyka, on 01 September 2015 - 12:14 PM, said:

Try this:
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...0cfb6a82624bc79
Best Gargoyle build for me, 3 kills 500 dmg in average per match.
Just put the mpls in chain fire cause if you fire 6 spls and then the 4 mpls with the wrong timing you simply shutdown for half minute or more..
Try until you get elite efficiencies, you will notice great improvements.

I also have executioner but despite MASC and JJ I cant do better than the Gargoyle, excessive mass and less agility.

Hmmmm, so you are basically a clan assault version of the Wub-Hunch (same speed) and you brawl them to death?
What do you do in the early pokey stage when everyone is sniping? Kind of hard to hide an 80 ton assault machine.

#40 Boyka

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 123 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 08:43 AM

View PostGrayson Sortek, on 03 September 2015 - 05:46 AM, said:

Hmmmm, so you are basically a clan assault version of the Wub-Hunch (same speed) and you brawl them to death?
What do you do in the early pokey stage when everyone is sniping? Kind of hard to hide an 80 ton assault machine.

I do the same thing a good brawler stalker, atlas, timberwolf, [sobstitute with your favorite mech] pilot do.. I take cover waiting that people wasting armor while poking then flanking or pushing and going to action.

It's a 80 ton with a xl400, you run at 89 kmh and you can turn and torso twist very quickly, like I said in a previous post, cause the low hardpoint you cant really snipe in that thing, you are too exposed and you'll waste tons of armor for doing minimal damage, if you wanna snipe use another mech.

Here you have to take advantage from the speed and the armor working with the mpls on mid distance (if you wanna really poke remember that mpls have 720mt max range with modules) and then with spls on short distance.

Remember that if you get surrounded you did a mistake, no assault can save you in that situation, in the early stage of a match you have to study where and when you will hit, you cant do it random. Study where you can do the best damage to the enemy and survive cause the more you survive the more you can hurt. If you play smart enough you will enjoy this mech, of course if it fit with your playstyle.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users