• LocationSweden

Posted 02 September 2015 - 12:10 PM

View PostSoy, on 02 September 2015 - 11:59 AM, said:

America #1
Europe like, #73

no but srsly in several decades of online gaming, i think its safe to say
europe sucks ass at gaming

cept scandinavia yall are cool

If America is truly better at MWO, then that's the exception.

#182 zagibu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,253 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 12:17 PM

View PostLugh, on 02 September 2015 - 06:49 AM, said:

They probably get tired of waiting for the end of that very long sentence with all the verbs at the very very very end of the line.
The same sentence in German would have the get tired at the end.

They probably, of waiting for the end of that very long sentence with all the verbs at the very very very end of the line, get tired.

Sie werden wahrscheinlich müde vom langen Warten auf das Ende dieses sehr langen Satzes mit den Verben ganz ganz ganz am Ende der Zeile.

German is pretty flexible, you know. Doesn't always have to be the basic structure.

The linguistic joke was still pretty nice, btw.

Edited by zagibu, 02 September 2015 - 12:19 PM.

#183 Event Horizon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 252 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 12:21 PM

I notice a lot of people hiding most the match now with lots of camping. Happens on both servers. The matches didn't used to be so bad, people used to move their mechs around and now they just plant themselves and wait to die.

CAMPING = LOSS IN MWO

#184 Tuefel Hunden

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 180 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 12:27 PM

I still think the Aussies rule!!! Followed closely by the Canadians, of course.

#185 LookUpGaming

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 42 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 12:51 PM

View PostMystere, on 01 September 2015 - 03:19 PM, said:

Who the F is that person holding a Russian-made RPG?

That is Ronald Fing Reagan.........

#186 Sadist Cain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 605 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 01:02 PM

View PostYellonet, on 01 September 2015 - 02:37 PM, said:

Europeans suck at MWO! :(

Posted Image

They just Win more, Kill more, Assist more and Earn more with less players and less powerful mechs :P

Problem with Europe is always the language barrier and difference in playstyle that comes with culture. 'murica tends to k.i.s.s, deathball and PUUUUUUSH (don't forget to breathe) which tends to be far easier to follow along with...

Europe however... Well... The Brits want to march in perfect formation & punch well above their weight whilst showing up the French.
Spain wants to be all up in your grill slapping you about and then ducking 'n weaving away. The Italians will dance around you with beautiful flair and not hit a damn thing, though you'll never hit them either.

The Germans don't know what reverse is.

The French, they'll support you from afar but be damned if they're scratching their paint in the process.

All jest aside, Europe has a history of thousands of years of shafting each other with a truncheon. There's a lot of different playstyles and objectives they will try to follow to achieve victory, more so than the U.S.
It's just getting all those styles to work together in one bucket within 2 minutes that can be tricky, we've barely managed it over thousands of years.

It wouldn't be so pertinent if we had Role Warfare and a half decent leadership structure in game with a command wheel but we don't, so Europe just gets left to its own devices, which can have interesting results...

#187 JohnnyWayne

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,629 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 01:14 PM

I like how all these sunday pilots come forth and pretend to be better than others because of their country. Well I know when this happened last time.

#188 Logen Ninefingers

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 127 posts
  • LocationHamburg

Posted 02 September 2015 - 01:15 PM

View PostTuefel Hunden, on 02 September 2015 - 12:27 PM, said:

I still think the Aussies rule!!! Followed closely by the Canadians, of course.

Nice nickname....
German: Teufelshund (Devil's Dog, meaning something like Daredevil)

But man... Tuefel has no meaning at all and for german ears it sounds like the name given to a fluffy puppy by a cute little girl.... ;)

Edit: I have to correct myself... Tueffel translates to bedroom slipper (Pantoffel) for germans who speak the frisian dialect... :)

Edited by Logen Ninefingers, 02 September 2015 - 01:24 PM.

#189 Yellonet

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,956 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 02 September 2015 - 01:19 PM

View PostSadist Cain, on 02 September 2015 - 01:02 PM, said:

Posted Image

They just Win more, Kill more, Assist more and Earn more with less players and less powerful mechs :P

Problem with Europe is always the language barrier and difference in playstyle that comes with culture. 'murica tends to k.i.s.s, deathball and PUUUUUUSH (don't forget to breathe) which tends to be far easier to follow along with...

Europe however... Well... The Brits want to march in perfect formation & punch well above their weight whilst showing up the French.
Spain wants to be all up in your grill slapping you about and then ducking 'n weaving away. The Italians will dance around you with beautiful flair and not hit a damn thing, though you'll never hit them either.

The Germans don't know what reverse is.

The French, they'll support you from afar but be damned if they're scratching their paint in the process.

All jest aside, Europe has a history of thousands of years of shafting each other with a truncheon. There's a lot of different playstyles and objectives they will try to follow to achieve victory, more so than the U.S.
It's just getting all those styles to work together in one bucket within 2 minutes that can be tricky, we've barely managed it over thousands of years.

It wouldn't be so pertinent if we had Role Warfare and a half decent leadership structure in game with a command wheel but we don't, so Europe just gets left to its own devices, which can have interesting results...
I know, it wasn't a completely serious thread to begin with. I've played with plenty of good Europeans too. It's just that most of my bad games happen earlier in the day when there are fewer Americans, but then again, it may just be that the right Europeans isn't in the game...

#190 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 02 September 2015 - 01:37 PM

View PostLookUpGaming, on 02 September 2015 - 12:51 PM, said:

That is Ronald Fing Reagan.........

No it is not. That is an impostor. All-American RR will not be using a Russian-made RPG and a German-made H&K submachinegun.

#191 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 05:54 AM

They just Win more, Kill more, Assist more and Earn more with less players and less powerful mechs

american players are somehow getting twice as many cbills to buy twice as many mechs. either that or americans are paying twice as much as europeans to support the game. europeans obviously need to step up and buy more mech packs :P

Edited by Khobai, 03 September 2015 - 05:55 AM.

#192 pyrocomp

• Philanthropist
  • 1,036 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 06:13 AM

View PostMystere, on 02 September 2015 - 01:37 PM, said:

No it is not. That is an impostor. All-American RR will not be using a Russian-made RPG and a German-made H&K submachinegun.

Open https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RPG-7
Skip to the 'Users' section, find United States entry, ... , profit.
Same for H&K.

#193 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 03 September 2015 - 06:19 AM

View PostMystere, on 02 September 2015 - 01:37 PM, said:

We 'Muricans (almost) always buy things from other countries, most notably China. ;)

Edited by FupDup, 03 September 2015 - 06:19 AM.

#194 maxmarechal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 551 posts
  • Locationnext to you...Bro...

Posted 03 September 2015 - 09:30 AM

View PostHiasRGB, on 02 September 2015 - 02:59 AM, said:

Yeah, Europeans (and im one of them) should lern to press W.
In Randommatches often W is the Key.
Press W for Win! WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

gosh i did as you said and got nowhere...wait?!!! could it be that i'm using an azerty keypad?

#195 Scout Derek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,015 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 03 September 2015 - 10:55 AM

This thread is now officially in K-Town. Closing it as well.

-Scout Derek

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users