161 replies to this topic

#1 Juju Shinobi

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 168 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 03 September 2015 - 06:39 AM

This is literally 85% of my matches. I am the only one contributing immensely and everyone else on my team does jack for damage. I can't bring fun mechs like Panthers anymore because we will loose thank to the game expecting me to carry. Please PGI, this is getting old. I can't group queue because of obscenely long wait times and solo queue is basically "if you're Tier 1/2, you have to carry or gglocse loose"

Edit: To all those who say "1300 damage 1 kill? Get good", Hi guys, I'm gonna chase that Trebuchet who ran away from me in a 100 ton hulking assault that goes 55kph

Posted Image

Edited by JujuShinobi, 03 September 2015 - 08:15 AM.

#2 Corrado

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 817 posts
  • Locationfinale emilia, italy

Posted 03 September 2015 - 06:41 AM

Dunno if leaving the names in the screenshot violate ToS about name and shame... but...

Do what everyonelse does? Carry on... and on top of that... 1300 damage, 1 kill? one target down means carrying your team? no.

Edited by Corrado, 03 September 2015 - 06:43 AM.

#3 ApolloKaras

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,974 posts
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 03 September 2015 - 06:45 AM

Nah my games have been pretty close mostly. I think its worse when you are trying to level mechs as well. Say... a Blackjack 1-DC.

#4 0bsidion

• 1,653 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 06:46 AM

That was actually a pretty close match. But the fact you did 1300 damage, which is enough to almost completely annihilate 2 fresh assaults, yet you only got 1 kill, tells me you probably need to work on your aim. No offense.

#5 Torric

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 239 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 06:46 AM

That damage... and only one kill? I mean i get that that KGC prolly is a dps setup with UAC5s, but still... carry harder? :lol:

Or drop down to the **** tier yourself, relaxed matches and stuff. Apparently having a few subpar mechs in your regular line up is enough to stay there, from my experience ;)

Edited by Torric, 03 September 2015 - 06:48 AM.

#6 ApolloKaras

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,974 posts
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 03 September 2015 - 06:47 AM

View Post0bsidion, on 03 September 2015 - 06:46 AM, said:

That was actually a pretty close match. But the fact you did 1300 damage, which is enough to almost completely annihilate 2 fresh assaults, yet you only got 1 kill, tells me you probably need to work on your aim. No offense.

Its probably UAC5's which would explain it. There would be no way you would get that in a Gauss/ppc platform.

Torric beat me to the punch lol

Edited by Saxie, 03 September 2015 - 06:47 AM.

#7 Juju Shinobi

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 168 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 03 September 2015 - 06:47 AM

View PostCorrado, on 03 September 2015 - 06:41 AM, said:

Dunno if leaving the names in the screenshot violate ToS about name and shame... but...

Do what everyonelse does? Carry on... and on top of that... 1300 damage, 1 kill? one target down means carrying your team? no.

1300 damage is not carrying? Well sorry for targets running away from me as I open up their CTs and not being able to finish them off

#8 Amsro

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,384 posts
  • LocationCharging my Gauss Rifle

Posted 03 September 2015 - 06:48 AM

Are you a LRM Crab? Hard to do that kind of damage and not get more kills. 150-300 for a kill, the rest is just chest pumping.

Your good, but damage isn't everything, what happened to the other crab in your lance, 2 together is always better then one.

#9 Gnume

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 279 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationPrattville, AL

Posted 03 September 2015 - 06:49 AM

View PostCorrado, on 03 September 2015 - 06:41 AM, said:

You could say he was responsible for 5 targets down ... 1 kill 4 assists =5 targets down because of him out of 7 kills total...and looking at the low damage scores of others, some of those "kills" credited to others were probably just the killing blow after he did all the work

Edited by CaptRosha, 03 September 2015 - 06:50 AM.

#10 Juju Shinobi

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 168 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 03 September 2015 - 06:50 AM

View Post0bsidion, on 03 September 2015 - 06:46 AM, said:

Targets ran away from me right as I opened them up. 100 ton mech can't chase

View PostCaptRosha, on 03 September 2015 - 06:49 AM, said:

You could say he was responsible for 5 targets down ... 1 kill 4 assists =5 targets down...and looking at the low damage scores of others, some of those "kills" were probably just the killing blow after he did all the work

Thank you for explaining my point

View PostSaxie, on 03 September 2015 - 06:47 AM, said:

Its probably UAC5's which would explain it. There would be no way you would get that in a Gauss/ppc platform.

Torric beat me to the punch lol

3 ER LL Gauss

#11 Kotzi

• 1,356 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 06:51 AM

Have you ever been shot at in your 100 ton assaultmech in the time you needed to do the damage? A perfect example why high damage means jack...

#12 Gnume

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 279 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationPrattville, AL

Posted 03 September 2015 - 06:56 AM

View PostKotzi, on 03 September 2015 - 06:51 AM, said:

Have you ever been shot at in your 100 ton assaultmech in the time you needed to do the damage? A perfect example why high damage means jack...

More like a perfect example of people not being able to Critically Think and look past the individual stat of 1 kill. It's not JUST about the kill stat you know ... there are other things going on, other players shooting at the target, it's not an "isolated" stat. People get so hooked into looking at a single number or two and do not think about all the other things going on around those numbers. It IS a team game after all and many other things contribute to the flow of the battle that cannot be reflected in a Kill or Damage stat all the time.

#13 Kaargh

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 42 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 06:58 AM

LOL Lrm Crab Juju? No, simply he's right.... Not a problem of aim, but match making and hitbox/hit in general...

#14 Kotzi

• 1,356 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 07:00 AM

View PostCaptRosha, on 03 September 2015 - 06:56 AM, said:

More like a perfect example of people not being able to Critically Think and look past the individual stat of 1 kill. It's not JUST about the kill stat you know ... there are other things going on, other players shooting at the target, it's not an "isolated" stat. People get so hooked into looking at a single number or two and do not think about all the other things going on around those numbers. It IS a team game after all and many other things contribute to the flow of the battle that cannot be reflected in a Kill or Damage stat all the time.

You might wanna reread the opening thread. He refers to damage himself.

#15 Soy

• 3,689 posts
  • Locationtrue Lord system

Posted 03 September 2015 - 07:01 AM

**** happens

#16 Juju Shinobi

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 168 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 03 September 2015 - 07:03 AM

View PostKaargh, on 03 September 2015 - 06:58 AM, said:

LOL Lrm Crab Juju? No, simply he's right.... Not a problem of aim, but match making and hitbox/hit in general...

People need to know I don't use LRMs, period.

View PostKotzi, on 03 September 2015 - 06:51 AM, said:

I was not sitting in the back the entire match. I was in the front lines for 60% of that game

#17 Screech

• Knight Errant
  • 2,290 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 07:05 AM

So 85% of your matches you are doing 1300 damage and getting 1 kill. This happens to you 85% of your matches, huh? Could you post 10 more of those screen shots since they happen almost all the time.

#18 Juju Shinobi

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 168 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 03 September 2015 - 07:10 AM

View PostScreech, on 03 September 2015 - 07:05 AM, said:

So 85% of your matches you are doing 1300 damage and getting 1 kill. This happens to you 85% of your matches, huh? Could you post 10 more of those screen shots since they happen almost all the time.

I think you're missing the point. What I mean is that I am the only one contributing in the game or me plus one other person in 85% of my matches.

#19 Lostdragon

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,711 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 03 September 2015 - 07:11 AM

Should have posted your individual stats screen to show how many KMDDs and component destructions you got, would have helped your point.

#20 Amsro

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,384 posts
  • LocationCharging my Gauss Rifle

Posted 03 September 2015 - 07:14 AM

View PostJujuShinobi, on 03 September 2015 - 07:03 AM, said:

People need to know I don't use LRMs, period.

I was not sitting in the back the entire match. I was in the front lines for 60% of that game

Yeah I'm sure your mini map looked like a pile of red arrows nicely in a row and supporting each other, while the blue arrows were dancing around in various grid locations.

I've played those matches too. But no this isn't a "common" match.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users