#1 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 03 September 2015 - 09:32 AM

The glaring absence in Second Generation Clan Mechs that always confused me. The Mech DESIGNED to Kerensky's personal specs, driven by his dearest friend and supporter, General Aaron Dechavilier to tear down the defenses before Kerensky kicked in the gates to the Star League Palace from his own Orion.........

So important the Royal Brigades had a super secret Atlas II, even...and yet... no Clan Atlas IIC.
The armament and specs are based off another Forum Users specs for their design, these are just concept pieces for it.

Posted Image

Posted Image

done in MWO and TRO styles.

#2 Sarlic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 03 September 2015 - 09:37 AM

I like the high mounts. Would love to see it more as a howitzer or something. Huge fat gun to artillery with on long range.

I like the second actiob picture.

Well done!

Edited by Sarlic, 03 September 2015 - 09:38 AM.

#3 Juodas Varnas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 03 September 2015 - 09:43 AM

I want that skull for my Atlas! :o

Though the shoulder-mounted ballistic and missile launcher reminds me of Mechwarrior Tactics' Atlas.
Not sure if that's a bad thing, because (despite its numerous flaws) i enjoyed it. Hopefully, Battletech by HBS will make me forget all about that whole debacle.

#4 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 09:47 AM

View PostSarlic, on 03 September 2015 - 09:37 AM, said:

I like the high mounts. Would love to see it more as a howitzer or something. Huge fat gun to artillery with on long range.

I like the second actiob picture.

Well done!

wish there was a decent tube artillery piece in Btech. As a C3 Command Mech it would indeed be a great fit.... though not ona Clan Version, obviously.

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 03 September 2015 - 09:43 AM, said:

I want that skull for my Atlas! :o

Though the shoulder-mounted ballistic and missile launcher reminds me of Mechwarrior Tactics' Atlas.
Not sure if that's a bad thing, because (despite its numerous flaws) i enjoyed it. Hopefully, Battletech by HBS will make me forget all about that whole debacle.

dual cockpit with full electronics suite

#5 SgtMagor

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 02:50 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 03 September 2015 - 09:32 AM, said:

The glaring absence in Second Generation Clan Mechs that always confused me. The Mech DESIGNED to Kerensky's personal specs, driven by his dearest friend and supporter, General Aaron Dechavilier to tear down the defenses before Kerensky kicked in the gates to the Star League Palace from his own Orion.........

So important the Royal Brigades had a super secret Atlas II, even...and yet... no Clan Atlas IIC.
The armament and specs are based off another Forum Users specs for their design, these are just concept pieces for it.

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll243/killerpeaches7/IMG_20150903_130247350%201.jpg

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll243/killerpeaches7/atlas7.jpg

done in MWO and TRO styles.
I've been posting about Atlas II for so long, and yea its a no brainer to have a new Atlas ready from the get go! Posted Image

Edited by SgtMagor, 06 September 2015 - 02:51 PM.

#6 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 07 September 2015 - 01:12 AM

Didn't Kerensky & co. Run off with all of the Atlas 2s? It'd be funny for there to be a atlas 2 iic.

#7 Iqfish

• 3,488 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationGermany, CGN

Posted 07 September 2015 - 02:09 AM

WANT

#8 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 06:54 PM

would the Bishop like for me to Try to PhotoShop the inGame Atlas into the the AS7-2-IIC you have there? :)

#9 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 07:33 PM

View PostAndi Nagasia, on 16 September 2015 - 06:54 PM, said:

would the Bishop like for me to Try to PhotoShop the inGame Atlas into the the AS7-2-IIC you have there? :)

do it. Would love someone with the Blender skills to build the actual model. Think it would be doable.

#10 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 08:38 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 16 September 2015 - 07:33 PM, said:

do it. Would love someone with the Blender skills to build the actual model. Think it would be doable.

well i have good 3DS Max skills, ive heard of blender but never used it,
wasnt their a way to rip and Edit the MWO Mech models with it?

Edit-
also do you want the weapons that are in the Pic on it?
LA=Laser&PPC or 2Laser?,...LT=2SRM6,...RT=Gauss,...RA=Laser&PPC or 2Laser?
and is that an Eye Laser like on the AS7-S3? if so ill try to add that too, :)

Edited by Andi Nagasia, 17 September 2015 - 02:49 PM.

#11 Airmikee

• PipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 33 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 09:13 PM

View PostTheArisen, on 07 September 2015 - 01:12 AM, said:

Didn't Kerensky & co. Run off with all of the Atlas 2s? It'd be funny for there to be a atlas 2 iic.
Yes, that is why there are no Atlas 2s. The first sighting after Kerensky left was the Battle of Tukkayid in 3052 when the Houses stopped the advance of the Clans and saw the virtual end of Clan Diamond Shark.It wasn't until the Word of Blake brought the design back in the 3070's that the Atlas 2 saw widespread use and popularity.

#12 GroxGlitch

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 88 posts
  • LocationSome random backwater dirtball in the Inner Sphere

Posted 16 September 2015 - 09:37 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 16 September 2015 - 07:33 PM, said:

I'm willing to give it a crack. My skills aren't great, there are people here far better than myself, but I might be able to get a half-decent mesh done. The design is utterly fantastic, looks like it'd be fun to try.

#13 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 02:48 PM

=Well here it is=

=AS7-II-IIC=
Posted Image
In all its Meta Glory, with Custom Camo & Geometry, :D
Edit-

Edited by Andi Nagasia, 17 September 2015 - 04:16 PM.

#14 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 04:18 PM

View PostAndi Nagasia, on 17 September 2015 - 02:48 PM, said:

=Well here it is=

=AS7-II-IIC=
Posted Image
Edit-

now somebody ship it the the 3D printer.......

#15 GonaDie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,125 posts
  • LocationThe biggest party you have ever seen

Posted 18 September 2015 - 08:17 AM

=Well here it is=

=AS7-II-IIC=
Posted Image
Edit-

Would pilot.

#16 Steel Raven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,371 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 09:52 PM

I can hear every IS player ejecting from CW as we speak :D

#17 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 19 September 2015 - 11:23 PM

Weeeeeeell. as you are aware of there is the Atlas II

Reason there is no IIc is because the atlas and atlas II is not only considered sacred and a bad idea to refit post keresnksys eath but also considered perfect already.

Give a clan pilot a stock Atlas II or a Timberwolf/ mad dog/ direwolf/ kraken/ what ever, they would take Atlas II. Unless they fear they are not worthy of it and would cause destruction to it and thus want to preserve it.

This being said this is why there is only limited production of Orion IIC's and no atlas IIC's however a few Atlas II's do have clan tech so you could imagine them as IIc's.

There is also an Atlas IIc in Fannon and had breif sightings in some sources of battletech but none that is considered as cannon content- this assault has from memory an XL 400 with a UAC 20, 2 LRM 10's, SSRM 6, and 4 er medium lasers which is basically a stock+ but clan atlas. From what I checked on a wiki an apparent 2nd variant is around which seems like your guy which has 2 ATM 6's, gauss rifle, and 2 ER medium lasers.

This isn't however me trying to discredit this work or make you feel bad. this was just an explanation of the lack of IIc in lore as well as more on the topic of a clan atlas.

You have quite an odd but lovely atlas. Personally I would like mine with a torso ballistic and missile but that is my personell opinion and I still think this thing looks great... perhaps it's MW: Tactics that stained my mouth of different locations for these things...

Posted Image

#18 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 20 September 2015 - 03:59 AM

View PostNightshade24, on 19 September 2015 - 11:23 PM, said:

Weeeeeeell. as you are aware of there is the Atlas II

Reason there is no IIc is because the atlas and atlas II is not only considered sacred and a bad idea to refit post keresnksys eath but also considered perfect already.

Give a clan pilot a stock Atlas II or a Timberwolf/ mad dog/ direwolf/ kraken/ what ever, they would take Atlas II. Unless they fear they are not worthy of it and would cause destruction to it and thus want to preserve it.

This being said this is why there is only limited production of Orion IIC's and no atlas IIC's however a few Atlas II's do have clan tech so you could imagine them as IIc's.

There is also an Atlas IIc in Fannon and had breif sightings in some sources of battletech but none that is considered as cannon content- this assault has from memory an XL 400 with a UAC 20, 2 LRM 10's, SSRM 6, and 4 er medium lasers which is basically a stock+ but clan atlas. From what I checked on a wiki an apparent 2nd variant is around which seems like your guy which has 2 ATM 6's, gauss rifle, and 2 ER medium lasers.

This isn't however me trying to discredit this work or make you feel bad. this was just an explanation of the lack of IIc in lore as well as more on the topic of a clan atlas.

You have quite an odd but lovely atlas. Personally I would like mine with a torso ballistic and missile but that is my personell opinion and I still think this thing looks great... perhaps it's MW: Tactics that stained my mouth of different locations for these things...

Orion should have been "Sacred" but Clan Wolf still introduced the Orion IIC.

Ask any Clan Warrior if they would want to pilot an Atlas II loaded with IS Tech, or the same Atlas, but with an Immortal Clan XL, and Clan Tech Weapons, and you will see them say "make mine a IIC" every time.

#19 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 20 September 2015 - 04:25 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 20 September 2015 - 03:59 AM, said:

Orion should have been "Sacred" but Clan Wolf still introduced the Orion IIC.

Ask any Clan Warrior if they would want to pilot an Atlas II loaded with IS Tech, or the same Atlas, but with an Immortal Clan XL, and Clan Tech Weapons, and you will see them say "make mine a IIC" every time.

Clan wolf only made 1 variant in very limited population of the Orion IIC I have to add and most other clans shun that.

Atlas IIC would probably not be to common for the clans and ever be used by clan wolf or clan ghost bear / built by them only- still leaves all the other clanners going "give me the atlas II instead!"... speaking of which I wish the atlas II was in game.

#20 Nathan Foxbane

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,984 posts

Posted 20 September 2015 - 12:04 PM

=Well here it is=

=AS7-II-IIC=
Posted Image
Edit-