How Is Possible This With Psr? (Psr Is An Huge Lie)

20 replies to this topic

#1 skorpionet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 292 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 12:56 PM

Hi,

how is possible with PSR to play 15 games (and counting) and win only one? How is possible a match like this:
Posted Image

and so many stomps....

First days I was a big PSR fan but now.... what's happens? PGI revert back silently to ELO? PSR is bugged or is a lie?

Edited by skorpionet, 04 September 2015 - 01:51 AM.

#2 Rentier

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 172 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty, it was

Posted 04 September 2015 - 01:16 AM

Think about it, if every mechwarrior has the same skill-level and one side looses one or two in early states because of running into a larger group as a scout (as it happens if u scout) that decreases the win chances of the 10 vs 12 from 50/50 to under 40% so it's even harder for your team to win.

Only if the enemy's 12 decide to make stupid errors like seperate and go in beeline into your defense position you have a chance to come back, but all at the same skill-level that don't happen very often

Also Coordination is a big issue - you may have the same skill-Level as mechwarrior in psr but suck at coordination the team with better coordination (eg calling main targets to focus fire) wins

#3 Mikex88

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 72 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 02:17 AM

PSR and elo should be just taken out completely of the game

#4 D A T A

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 892 posts
  • LocationCasamassima, Bari, south Italy

Posted 04 September 2015 - 03:50 AM

skorpio, è durata 7 minuti, è una partita bellissima e normalissima...le stompate si chiudono in 2,30 minuti

#5 TheSilken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts
  • LocationLost in The Warp

Posted 04 September 2015 - 04:07 AM

View PostIL MECHWARRIOR, on 04 September 2015 - 03:50 AM, said:

skorpio, è durata 7 minuti, è una partita bellissima e normalissima...le stompate si chiudono in 2,30 minuti

Didn't understand a word of what he said but don't care, that post has moxy and I like it!

#6 VorpalAnvil

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 724 posts
  • LocationThe Cantillon Brewery

Posted 04 September 2015 - 05:27 AM

View PostMikex88, on 04 September 2015 - 02:17 AM, said:

PSR and elo should be just taken out completely of the game

I personally would love for all my solo drops to be like they are in CW. Abandon all hope, ye pugs who enter here.

#7 Triordinant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,495 posts
  • LocationThe Dark Side of the Moon

Posted 04 September 2015 - 06:58 AM

View PostTheSilken, on 04 September 2015 - 04:07 AM, said:

Didn't understand a word of what he said but don't care, that post has moxy and I like it!

Something about the match lasting 7 minutes so it wasn't really a stomp since stomps only last about 2.5 minutes.

#8 skorpionet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 292 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 07:01 AM

View PostIL MECHWARRIOR, on 04 September 2015 - 03:50 AM, said:

:D

After 20 losses in a row... nothing is beautiful. :P

What is the purpose of the PSR???? PSR is a fake.

#9 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,655 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 04 September 2015 - 07:25 AM

The major differences I see is winning side is made of more unit-orientated players vs lone wolves. Did the winning side actually communicate with each other vs the losing side, or do it more effectively?

The next difference is the mechs being used. It looked like it was almost a Clan vs IS match, even more so Meta vs non-Meta match based on the IS mechs used.

PSR does not care if you are piloting a Meta or non-Meta mech. The other item would be, how many games have the each player put in since PSR went into effect? I doubt everyone's PSR has been normalized as of yet. And remember, based on time of day the PSR may be expanded to fill a drop.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 04 September 2015 - 07:27 AM.

#10 Fabian Wrede

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 10:59 AM

ELo and new psr MM just prove thay any for of skill base MM is dooed to fail im MMO, PGI have to one of few game devs to **** up ther owb game and drive players away by poor decesions

#11 cSand

• 4,589 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh

Posted 04 September 2015 - 11:35 AM

View PostVorpalAnvil, on 04 September 2015 - 05:27 AM, said:

I personally would love for all my solo drops to be like they are in CW. Abandon all hope, ye pugs who enter here.

I can't wait to see your PSR rating

but usually the biggest talkers have the most to hide :ph34r:

#12 Z01

• PipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 50 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 08:33 AM

Poor coordination = Defeat. Just how badly. If coordinated 3 on 1 no player can survive a brawl. This will keep repeating till... what you call steamrolled

Edited by Z01, 05 September 2015 - 08:42 AM.

#13 Sarlic

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 06 September 2015 - 02:36 AM

We already have shittalkers judging by Reddit and our forums about tiers.

As expected.

Gg.

#14 The Unstoppable Puggernaut

• The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 1,022 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 07 September 2015 - 03:10 AM

Glad I aint the only one.

So I had a good run of winning about 6/7 matches finally to equal the balance. Again they were stomps in my favour and some matches I barely even got to hit anyone using a pretty fast Thunderbolt.

I love winning but it's no fun if you cannot even find anyone to shoot.

Seriously, the old match maker really seemed to take things to the edge with stomps being fairly rare.

Now I am just used to either winning or losing 12-(0-4) permanently.

The game is actually getting boring.

#15 TWIAFU

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationBell's Brewery, MI

Posted 07 September 2015 - 03:45 AM

View PostThe Unstoppable Puggernaut, on 07 September 2015 - 03:10 AM, said:

Glad I aint the only one.

So I had a good run of winning about 6/7 matches finally to equal the balance. Again they were stomps in my favour and some matches I barely even got to hit anyone using a pretty fast Thunderbolt.

I love winning but it's no fun if you cannot even find anyone to shoot.

Seriously, the old match maker really seemed to take things to the edge with stomps being fairly rare.

Now I am just used to either winning or losing 12-(0-4) permanently.

The game is actually getting boring.

Liking your own post is akin to masturbation.

With that out of the way, what nerfs do you want to be placed on yourself so your side cannot rolfstomp that poor pug team?

You had just stomped 6 out of 7 teams and 'ruined' the game for 72 to 84 solo pugs. You cannot be allowed to do that just like how 1% of the whole game population cannot play the way they want to.

So, again, what nerfs do you want placed on yourself and everyone else so you cannot farm poor solo pugs?

#16 TWIAFU

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationBell's Brewery, MI

Posted 07 September 2015 - 03:54 AM

View Postskorpionet, on 04 September 2015 - 07:01 AM, said:

:D

After 20 losses in a row... nothing is beautiful. :P

Have you actually tried to play as part of a team yet? Yea, it is the solo queue and LCD gaming wonderland but if you do work as a team in a team focused game, you do better.

If you want to keep doing the same thing over and over, play solo in a team focused game, and expect a different result, well we all know what that means.

Now, if you cannot be part of a team/group, stay in solo queue. Other queues are far more heavily reliant on the team/group - you won't have fun at all there. If you continue to be a non-participant in a team/group focused game, yes, your solo drops will all be like that.

Finally, solo needs to be renamed as it is a misnomer - it is not solo as you are part of a team. Solo should be changed to Group, Group to Lance (since they are royally fuc*ing that up), and CW stays the same.

#17 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 07 September 2015 - 04:08 AM

View Postskorpionet, on 04 September 2015 - 07:01 AM, said:

can you prove that PSR is fake? Can you even demonstrate what a 'True' PSR would look like? What is the PSR faking?

View PostKarl Wrede, on 04 September 2015 - 10:59 AM, said:

ELo and new psr MM just prove thay any for of skill base MM is dooed to fail im MMO, PGI have to one of few game devs to **** up ther owb game and drive players away by poor decesions

Your grammar doesn't prove that is a viable statement... neither is it a viable comment or sentence. No one would take you as a credible source of seriously. There is a point where a missread or a typo occurs but not when it's every single second word.

#18 The Unstoppable Puggernaut

• The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 1,022 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 07 September 2015 - 05:27 AM

View PostTWIAFU, on 07 September 2015 - 03:45 AM, said:

Liking your own post is akin to masturbation.

With that out of the way, what nerfs do you want to be placed on yourself so your side cannot rolfstomp that poor pug team?

You had just stomped 6 out of 7 teams and 'ruined' the game for 72 to 84 solo pugs. You cannot be allowed to do that just like how 1% of the whole game population cannot play the way they want to.

So, again, what nerfs do you want placed on yourself and everyone else so you cannot farm poor solo pugs?

Just had to see if I could 'like' my own post, can't believe that actually works.

So this does seem to be a hard topic to cover, I just feel they should revert the changes back to the previous system until something better comes up (or perhaps fine tune this system quicker based on feedback).

I've never seen so many stomps playing this game prior to the PSR system.

To say I ruined the game for 'x' players, doesn't really make sense. Unless someone Death star's, it's a team effort and some of the stomps I never even got to engage so the idea of the system balance clearly isn't working well.

I also had about a 15 match losing streak the other week (I couldn't believe it), no matter how much I killed/damaged it was always a landslide loss. So in terms of losing there's nothing wrong with that. Unless they are all 12-(0-4) which indeed was the case.

I really love a close game in MWonline, I don't mind winning or losing if it's a close game. Close games really brings out your wits but when you can see your team falling to pieces (or the other team) just feels like a waste of time.

#19 Styxx42

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 111 posts
  • LocationPeterborough Canada

Posted 07 September 2015 - 02:42 PM

Skorp.
WIth that score and that team.
You are pulling your weight.
S#IT happens.
Find the fun if you can.
What I have been doing is trying different match types at different times.
I ran almost all weekend with just Conquest.
Matches took longer to get into but over all I won more then lost.

Try that.

#20 Thunder Child

• The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 1,460 posts
  • LocationOn the other side of the rock now.

Posted 07 September 2015 - 06:29 PM

Could be worse. You could be pugging in CW. I dropped there for the Smoke Jaguar Comstar challenge. Two matches later, I figured there were better ways to spend my time than getting ground into the mud by IS ER LL Boats. Yes, I said it. Clan mechs may be pre-optimized, but nothing can save a Non-Tier 1 Clan mech from getting vaporized by uber-quirked IS LL boats.

Just proves that no matter which faction you are, unless you run the Meta for your side, stay out of Community Warfare as a Pug.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users