71 replies to this topic

#41 spectralthundr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 704 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 05:03 AM

View PostKjudoon, on 04 September 2015 - 12:25 AM, said:

The bottom line? I've not played with him. But this goes back to why I mute coms and am going back to turning text off. Nothing worth hearing or reading anymore.

Goes to show what a team player you are. I've dropped with Bottomline a couple times, he makes good calls, and if people listen and focus targets it's an easy win. I can see where the guys who would rather hill hide or try to engage as little as possible while their team carries them, might not care for him though.

#42 Yosharian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 1,656 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 08:08 AM

WILL NOT TOLERATE

#43 P e n u m b r a

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 273 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 04 September 2015 - 08:08 AM

https://vimeo.com/129362214

The good players think people like you are more about role-play. Pretending to be some general of sort, you clutter the coms with bad tactics and that is a fact usually, as most these "callers" have very low competitive experience and understanding of the game in general.

The best thing you can do in this game is just not confuse people with pretend military bravado and instead stick to and follow the players that actively do well around and focus on shooting. If you think they are stat padding you are most likely delusional and that is a coping mechanism you have, as honestly the higher end players DO have better team play experience and will probably carry you to victory without your interference.

Edited by L e 0, 04 September 2015 - 08:12 AM.

#44 spectralthundr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 704 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 08:45 AM

View PostL e 0, on 04 September 2015 - 08:08 AM, said:

https://vimeo.com/129362214

The good players think people like you are more about role-play. Pretending to be some general of sort, you clutter the coms with bad tactics and that is a fact usually, as most these "callers" have very low competitive experience and understanding of the game in general.

The best thing you can do in this game is just not confuse people with pretend military bravado and instead stick to and follow the players that actively do well around and focus on shooting. If you think they are stat padding you are most likely delusional and that is a coping mechanism you have, as honestly the higher end players DO have better team play experience and will probably carry you to victory without your interference.

What do you feel threatened by someone helping the pugs in solo queue work as a group? Seriously get over yourself Leo.

#45 P e n u m b r a

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 273 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 04 September 2015 - 08:54 AM

When did I refer to myself that is you projecting and my point is the stuff they are saying is detrimental and not helping.

#46 spectralthundr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 704 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 08:56 AM

View PostL e 0, on 04 September 2015 - 08:54 AM, said:

When did I refer to myself that is you projecting and my point is the stuff they are saying is detrimental and not helping.

What is it that I'm projecting? If he's helping pugs to be coordinated in the solo que, what effect does that have on the meta stomp groups to begin with?

#47 AssaultPig

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 907 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 08:56 AM

Claiming a 3:1 winrate in the pubqueue is pure ********; possibly you can achieve that in the group queue but unless you are regularly dropping with a 10 or 12 man group I doubt it.

I don't know you from adam OP, but your posts make you sound like the kind of dude who led me to just mute voip.

#48 P e n u m b r a

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 273 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 04 September 2015 - 08:59 AM

View Postspectralthundr, on 04 September 2015 - 08:56 AM, said:

What is it that I'm projecting? If he's helping pugs to be coordinated in the solo que, what effect does that have on the meta stomp groups to begin with?

You are projecting your opinion of me to actually be me and reading things that are just not there. And no hes not helping, not when there is better players than himself in there he makes bad calls I watched the video... the whole post is about people getting annoyed with his calls they are terrible and to much you don't need a running commentary of how to play the game go watch any comp team play they will never call like this guy does... Its your opinion its helping the team its in mine he is not at all ill leave experience be the factor in deciding who is right and wrong.

Edited by L e 0, 04 September 2015 - 09:07 AM.

#49 spectralthundr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 704 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 09:03 AM

View PostL e 0, on 04 September 2015 - 08:59 AM, said:

No hes not, not when there is better players than himself in there he makes bad calls I watched the video...

Well maybe those better people should step in and help the new players/pugs get a handle on the game then right? Though I suppose it's much more fun to be a **** and act elitist.

#50 Mister Blastman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 04 September 2015 - 09:09 AM

Leading drops is a tough job but someone has to do it.

#51 P e n u m b r a

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 273 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 04 September 2015 - 09:34 AM

fyi someone running a commentary on how to play does not help one get better especially when that player does not know what hes doing himself hes more of a distraction... Myself and many others learned this game without it and its not needed in any other games I don't know why someone needs to be armchair warrior to this extent in mech. In fact i think its really bad for learning if our team for example recruited someone who needs constant updating on what to do and is not self sufficient he would not last very long.

#52 Poisoner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 440 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 09:40 AM

View PostBottomLine, on 03 September 2015 - 01:54 PM, said:

So, it comes to my attention that there is a Tug-O-War between respect and hate for what i bring to the table for both solo, and teamed drop games I am in. This post is to give both sides room to speak their peace and vent frustrations in my game styles, as well as give understandings in what and why i do what I do.

So lets start at the beginning.

When this game first started there was no comms or any level of unity among players outside of units. this was a hard time to play in. it was Dog eat Dog for stats, creds, and elo rankings. a rough time for merc pilots like myself. we were forced to use central voip hubs for in game synchronization. which then lead to being forced to drop with players that didnt really fit with each other... Egos and Elo holders made the game hard for newbies to "fit in".

Now, the game is MADE to be played as a unit (regardless of unit loyalties) and my game play reflects this. Comms are a strong point to pull in those who are not in personal hosted Voips to the tactics. And I for one do not like to leave games to chance....

So, with all this stated- I am one of few that drives "togetherness" in this game by giving the side that I drop on a voice of experience in tactics and game flow. Giving the confidence to win by tactics to all who are willing to follow.

I ALWAYS ASK PLAYERS WHO IS WILLING TO LEAD, taking it when comms stay silent. I SPEAK UP (both in pug and team drops alike). willing to follow those who think they have a strat to win.
But with players having self conscious attitude and troll like mentalities, they are afraid to give out bad calls to learn from- I myself am willing to take FULL RESPONSIBILITIES for wins or losses.

I have dropped with every player of this game multiple times (both good and bad- elites and casuals alike) and have noticed a very disturbing truth- the supposed "higher" ranked (and "respected players) hide behind lines to "Stat Pad" their own standing. This is something I WILL NOT TOLERATE in game play tactics. I care not about your personal KDR or EGO STROKING TACTICS. I often times am forced to lead aggression (with no complaints as long as others are willing to follow) without a hint of care about my personal stats (my KDR is above 1:1 AND my win/loss is over 75%- speaks for where my values stand as both a player and member of this community). I care not for those who name drop or brag about their own personal feats. I care about the growth and enjoyment of this game among all who play-Period.

With all this being stated, My voip presence isnt always appreciated by all. But complaining about what you cant take control of is a childish approach to self responsibilities- IF YOU DO NOT LIKE WHAT IS BEING SAID YOU CAN HOLD THE TAB KEY (by default) AND MUTE THE INDIVIDUAL SPEAKING. DO NOT DISRUPT GAME PLAY WITH TROLL TACTICS AND WHINES ABOUT WHAT YOU CAN CONTROL. I do not lead for the individual- just the goal of getting paid and a win for those in my drop group.

On another point for those who think my tactics and voip presence suck- I end up with 3 random friend requests (always accepted) a day and a high of 15 in a single day of playing. on the other hand i drop 10 games with only 2 trolls and voiced D-bags that stop unified game play.

So when you that feel like posting "Praises" or "Complaints", understand where you fall in with the crowds that surround us.

Good Hunting to All and Hope to see you on the field.

The One and Only,
BottomLine

You do not know you are talking about. I've never seen anyone from the top tier Comp teams hide to pad their stats. And when I say top teams I mean EMP, SJR, CSJx, S RS, 228, QQ. None of them are hiders.

#53 Revis Volek

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 04 September 2015 - 09:58 AM

OP...

I have no idea who you are and i can say for a fact i have never in my 6000plus drops since reset ever dropped with you.

You have no idea what you are talking about BTW.....Kudos for calling drops and herding cats. Its a thankless job and im sure most appreciate it. But all that BS you just slung in your post about good teams hiding behind lines threw all your credibility and good karma out the window as far as im concerned. Unless you think the good teams are the ones slinging LRMS from the spawn...i dont know many direct fire weapons that work when you are hiding.

Public Display of tiers cannot come soon enough...

#54 Davegt27

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,966 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 04 September 2015 - 10:30 AM

When I first started-- last year lol

I wondered why I had to go around players to get to the front

Then pow I get shot down

In CW its push through the gate and its pow! I get shot down
I developed a very low opinion of the Victor man that thing goes down quick

Don’t get me wrong except for 1 or 2 players I don’t know comp players from Adam

But there's a lot of players that make sure they are not first

The main theme of the OP thread is if you’re not leading don’t make it hard for the person that steps up and does take the lead

You are free to do what you want

It’s like 1 in 20 for anyone in pug land that will take the lead
But some jack holes tender ears can’t take it so they spend half the match on the mute button

We had a guy in the FRR that often called the drops and he had less the 6 months in the game

#55 Mazzyplz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,292 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 10:43 AM

View PostDarthRevis, on 04 September 2015 - 09:58 AM, said:

OP...

I have no idea who you are and i can say for a fact i have never in my 6000plus drops since reset ever dropped with you.

You have no idea what you are talking about BTW.....Kudos for calling drops and herding cats. Its a thankless job and im sure most appreciate it. But all that BS you just slung in your post about good teams hiding behind lines threw all your credibility and good karma out the window as far as im concerned. Unless you think the good teams are the ones slinging LRMS from the spawn...i dont know many direct fire weapons that work when you are hiding.

Public Display of tiers cannot come soon enough...

you don't need public display, look at the video - that's certainly not tier1. - just check out the loadouts and ttk

#56 Bows3r

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
  • 229 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • Location3 time World Champion

Posted 04 September 2015 - 11:11 AM

OP, when you get so offended at the use of "Bro" then threaten to have your entire unit mute me over VOIP, I find that absolutely HILARIOUS! :D :D Sorry bro, but you're going to get trolled with a attitude like that.

Yeah the fact that you command pugs is fine and all, but if you have really played with "all kinds of players in the game" then you should be able to tell the best from the worst.

Edited by Bows3r, 04 September 2015 - 11:12 AM.

#57 Sizzles

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,221 posts
  • LocationWaiting in line for his UrbanMech UM-PP.

Posted 04 September 2015 - 12:16 PM

I am a hunchback and what is this?

#58 AssaultPig

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 907 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 02:20 PM

like, it's super obvious when somebody is in love with the sound of their own voice, as opposed to just using comms to relay information. I actually listened to the audio and you could talk about 75% less and get all the same information out

#59 BottomLine

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 30 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 04 September 2015 - 05:30 PM

I am glad to see people putting in their 2 cents on this topic. and I feel I should take a few moments to talk about the couple of comments I skimmed over.

First off, my KDR isnt something that is uber great. that was the point, its a TOTAL kdr and does not reflect the frames i main play. I have 185 mechs in my bays that are manually leveled (no gxp waisted for quick pushes through). the main point to that statement is that i put more focus on team play and winning as opposed to being a self serving player among 11 others i am in teams with.

2nd- love the video. you may mean it as troll, but you just give me free publicity. one game does not reflect all my drops. funny thing, i see you typing as opposed to speaking... and yet you feel as if you have some point to prove. heres a pro tip- get a mic and put your effort into leading instead of attempting to bad mouth anyone who promotes good team play. actions like that will often times make you look like a D-bag.

I love the assumptions about me being offended by a few people who do not appreciate what it is a do. Players who attempt to troll in a drop get insta muted on my end. this is an attempt to let those who think their opinions matter more than the team play. give their view in an area outside of drops.

And Last but not least- Thank you all (both good and bad reviewed) for taking the tme to post here. you all are making this experiment work. I can list all 700+ friends from my friend list (that requested me) to show that the positives out weighs the negatives, but this seemed to be a better way for the community to see where the whole stands in reguards to me and what i bring to the table.

keep posting, and I will keep reading, absorbing the views of the community i love to play with, and Ill keep taking the time to respond.

Edited by BottomLine, 04 September 2015 - 05:33 PM.

#60 BottomLine

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 30 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 04 September 2015 - 05:35 PM

View PostBows3r, on 04 September 2015 - 11:11 AM, said:

OP, when you get so offended at the use of "Bro" then threaten to have your entire unit mute me over VOIP, I find that absolutely HILARIOUS! :D :D Sorry bro, but you're going to get trolled with a attitude like that.

Yeah the fact that you command pugs is fine and all, but if you have really played with "all kinds of players in the game" then you should be able to tell the best from the worst.

And yet you remembered my name- seemed my tactic worked.

Heres some free advice: If you are uber sensitive, find a teddy to hug. I forgot about you after we dropped, and had to have a fellow member who dropped with me that night remind me about the laughs we had at your responses.

Seems i made a bigger impact on you than you did me.

Edited by BottomLine, 04 September 2015 - 05:37 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users