Comstar Intercepts For 09/03/2015

18 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,779 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 02:44 PM

Greetings MechWarriors,

ComStar Communications Officers have picked up transmissions from House Liao and House Marik leadership en-route to their respective Commanders.

House Liao managed to successfully gain control of Sarna from House Davion during their initiative.
  • The 300 MC reward for eligible pilots will be injected tomorrow (September 4th) was injected at 3:10 PM PDT on 09/03/2015.
House Marik was not able to gain control of Angell II from Clan Jade Falcon during their initiative.

All ComStar Intercepts can be found in the ComStar Intercepts sub-forum.

#2 MovinTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 03 September 2015 - 03:34 PM

Not thrilled about losing the planet, but had some great games especially last night before the 1 am EST ceasefire. While I didn't think the rewards for liao/mark were all that large, Liao really showed up for it.
I know it was last minute but perhaps part of the reason for this was to see how the CURRENT populations responded, not a ton of mercs breaking contracts and switching sides...

#3 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 03 September 2015 - 04:38 PM

View PostMovinTarget, on 03 September 2015 - 03:34 PM, said:

Not thrilled about losing the planet, but had some great games especially last night before the 1 am EST ceasefire. While I didn't think the rewards for liao/mark were all that large, Liao really showed up for it.
I know it was last minute but perhaps part of the reason for this was to see how the CURRENT populations responded, not a ton of mercs breaking contracts and switching sides...

Also, MC rewards, vs C-Bill rewards. Don't know about you, but I'd have shown up for a MC reward if I could have. (Although, if my unit was still Marik, I would have dropped a couple of times if I could.)

#4 PFC Carsten

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 03 September 2015 - 04:53 PM

<o
Nice, but too many Ghost Drops inbetween.
[Already got the MC an hour or two ago.]

#5 Duncan1dah0

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crusader
  • The Crusader
  • 375 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 03 September 2015 - 05:26 PM

I feel like Charlie Brown after Lucy pulled the football out from under.

#6 Wanderingpaws

• PipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 21 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 03 September 2015 - 05:36 PM

Liao did it!? Congrats guys! All Five of you! \o/ :lol:

#7 Dirk Le Daring

• 2,083 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 03 September 2015 - 05:39 PM

View PostMovinTarget, on 03 September 2015 - 03:34 PM, said:

This got me thinking that even though it was last minute, an email might have alerted more people.

And for future occasions like this keep it last minute, but send out emails and add some fluff. This may give players a stronger sense of being called to arms by their houses and clans.

Just a thought.

#8 YUyahoo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 05:42 PM

Marik did not achieve their goal because no one was in their que. I tried to grab some extra cbills for my alternate account and for most of last night I saw no more than 2 people in the attack que (and none in the defend). I did participate for Liao on my main account (as did so many others, I guess MC is a far bigger draw than cbills, go figure). Was it fun to play some CW again, yeah somewhat...but the same issues are there, pretty much every drop is either 12 random pugs (or a small 2-3 person group) vs a 12man premade (or 9+person group) or its a ghost drop...both of which generally result in a very one-sided game. Even though the same issues exist that drove me away from CW I have to say thanks PGI for doing something a little different :)

#9 bad arcade kitty

• Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 05:55 PM

View PostYUyahoo, on 03 September 2015 - 05:42 PM, said:

I guess MC is a far bigger draw than cbills, go figure).

especially right after 10-20 mln event

#10 Gattsus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 843 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 11:27 PM

we got rekt.

#11 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 04 September 2015 - 12:07 AM

View PostTesunie, on 03 September 2015 - 04:38 PM, said:

Also, MC rewards, vs C-Bill rewards. Don't know about you, but I'd have shown up for a MC reward if I could have. (Although, if my unit was still Marik, I would have dropped a couple of times if I could.)

You are a damn mercenary in mind. you go there because your faction needs you.

#12 Javenri

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 171 posts
  • LocationAthens, Greece

Posted 04 September 2015 - 12:16 AM

I believe that marik activity is really low these days. It wouldn't surprise me if it had the less active players than all other houses. Even more, from those who are active, very few bother with CW.

Edited by Javenri, 04 September 2015 - 12:16 AM.

#13 Vellron2005

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 04 September 2015 - 12:23 AM

Once again, our Clan Brethren have proven superior to the meager might of the freebirth surats.

This fact, coupled with your countinued infighting as evidenced by the attack on Sarna, and lack of cooridinated defence is why the Clans will always prevail against you.

You will learn.

The Clans are here to help you learn.

And untill you do, the fields of your worlds will be littered with the smoking husks of your battlemechs and Clan banners will hang from your command facilities.

See you on the field.

#14 Daruwind

• PipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Gold Champ
  • WC 2018 Gold Champ
  • 70 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 06:38 AM

Well PGI should warm potencial player ahead. We have last week of Davion contract before returning to Mariks and for such event we would gladly break it and return asap. Plus i feel cheated, next week we are back and another event would be definitely not for Mariks...

#15 Grayson Sortek

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 371 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 07:13 AM

View PostVellron2005, on 04 September 2015 - 12:23 AM, said:

Once again, our Clan Brethren have proven superior to the meager might of the freebirth surats.

This fact, coupled with your countinued infighting as evidenced by the attack on Sarna, and lack of cooridinated defence is why the Clans will always prevail against you.

You will learn.

The Clans are here to help you learn.

And untill you do, the fields of your worlds will be littered with the smoking husks of your battlemechs and Clan banners will hang from your command facilities.

See you on the field.

I, Grayson Sortek, of Clan Ghost Bear Wolf do concur with my Trueborn brother.

The Freebirth of this so called "Inner-Sphere" will never triumph over our destiny as leaders of humanity as foretold by Kerensky, because they lack the courage and honor of the clans.

While the Davions and others are busy defending their worlds from our invasion, the serpents of Liao strike in a cowardly attack for their own political gain. This is what Kerensky warned us of all of those centuries ago.

We will correct this behavior, we will lead humanity to a new future, we will take Terra.

#16 stratagos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 457 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 08:21 AM

View PostGrayson Sortek, on 04 September 2015 - 07:13 AM, said:

We will correct this behavior, we will lead humanity to a new future, we will take Terra.

You're going the wrong way ;)

#17 Alexander Garden

Producer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 09:02 AM

Just a heads up that contrary to the original message, the MC reward was actually injected yesterday at approximately 3PM.

#18 Jess Hazen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel V
  • Star Colonel V
  • 643 posts
  • LocationFrozen in Time Somewhere IDK?

Posted 04 September 2015 - 09:06 AM

So is it me and perhaps this is the intended design but do the rewards seem one sided? There is nothing there to encourage the opposing faction to drop and as so we are hearing about a lot of ghost drops.

#19 Hydrocarbon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2017 Qualifier
  • WC 2017 Qualifier
  • 659 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 11:31 AM

My morning routine includes checking the MWO page, but I agree that emails about events & important polls should indeed be sent out.

View PostJavenri, on 04 September 2015 - 12:16 AM, said:

I believe that marik activity is really low these days. It wouldn't surprise me if it had the less active players than all other houses. Even more, from those who are active, very few bother with CW.

In the first few months Marik made a point of zerg rushes. Even on defense & after couterattack was added they kept at it. When you specialize, you can get blindsided by change.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users