Anyone Notice?

14 replies to this topic

#1 Champion of Khorne Lord of Blood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 06:25 PM

After the event the amount of Atlases in games seems to have increased. Not just Atlases either, but other assaults in the 10 million cbill range such as king crabs. I've been seeing at an Atlas on my team about every other game other than the one I was piloting that I got from the event money. Its pretty nice out there, just recently mugged a Dire Wolf that kept overheating itself trying to laser vomit on me using my brawling build.

You guys notice any more assaults out, or are you too high up on mt tryhard to see them? :P

#2 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 06:44 PM

feel bad for anyone that spent their event money on an atlas

#3 Champion of Khorne Lord of Blood

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 06:46 PM

View PostKhobai, on 04 September 2015 - 06:44 PM, said:

feel bad for anyone that spent their event money on an atlas

Its been one of the best decisions I've made so far in MWO.

#4 Lyoto Machida

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 08:15 PM

View PostDakota1000, on 04 September 2015 - 06:46 PM, said:

Its been one of the best decisions I've made so far in MWO.

An Atlas? You probably could have bought a Hunchback 4G and 4J for that price. More or less same damage potential in a smaller frame/target.

#5 Nothing Whatsoever

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,655 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 04 September 2015 - 08:26 PM

Hmm... so many have gone Atlas you say.

Well...

Posted Image

Carry on lads.

#6 Champion of Khorne Lord of Blood

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 08:31 PM

View PostLyoto Machida, on 04 September 2015 - 08:15 PM, said:

An Atlas? You probably could have bought a Hunchback 4G and 4J for that price. More or less same damage potential in a smaller frame/target.

I elited out the hunchbacks back in beta, the 4G, 4J, and 4P. I sold all but the 4P before beta was out because I didn't have the mechbays to get heavier mechs and didn't want to spend money while we were still in beta. After all the buffs I've already repurchased a 4J to see the LRM spam and I was planning to get a 4G again, the 4P I still run from time to time.

I got to say that they aren't really on the level of the Atlas though. I mean yeah they are smaller targets, but hey, they are still pretty big and not very fast. My fastest is the 4P which is topped at around 92kph and yeah it can put out some good damage and all but its an entirely different playstyle. The Atlas *can* tank, I mean I know people say you can't tank in this game because there are whole teams shooting at you, but what you do in a brawl is use cover and single out opponents or small groups you can take out. The Atlas is a bully, the hunchback is just one of his lackeys that always laughs at his jokes in comparison. The DDC even comes with ECM, no hunchback comes with that. Not to mention an Atlas has pretty much twice the firepower of a hunchback and twice the armor. Low hardpoints aren't even much of a problem in a brawl if thats what people are worried about, and the size can be a problem sometimes but most of the rocks and buildings can cover you even still, and if they can't your arm alone can take more damage than most medium mech's CTs. I usually end games either in the 80% health with yellow and slightly orange armor all over or in the 30% range missing a side with a cored CT and a barely hanging on medium laser arm, if anything I'm making the enemy waste their damage many times over what a hunchback could take.

#7 Amsro

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,384 posts
  • LocationCharging my Gauss Rifle

Posted 04 September 2015 - 08:49 PM

View PostPraetor Knight, on 04 September 2015 - 08:26 PM, said:

Hmm... so many have gone Atlas you say.

Well...

Posted Image

Carry on lads.

Carry Harder Mr. Atlas

Posted Image

#8 fat4eyes

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • 491 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 11:24 PM

Crabs and Dire Wolves I see in almost all games. The laserboating assaults (Stalker, Banshee/Battlemaster) also as often. Atlases maybe once every 10 games. It's just hard to compete with all the hardpoints on the more popular assaults. I haven't played my DDC successfully in a long time.

#9 bad arcade kitty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 01:44 AM

i watched a game with 6 assaults on one team vs 6 assaults on another team on the stream today

#10 Sarlic

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 05 September 2015 - 02:33 AM

I just had a full Atlas lance today.

And i did notice alot more 'traffic' from non registered members in my Atlas guide since i almost completely overhauled it and it's still not finished as we speak.

Coincidence? I haven't seen any Atlas in months and now i see more then i have seen in the last couple of 3 months.

But i like it!

Edited by Sarlic, 05 September 2015 - 02:45 AM.

#11 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,783 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 02:48 AM

i ended up buying a couple enforcers. probibly do pathers next or perhaps sit on it for when scats get cbilled.

#12 Chados

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts
  • LocationSomewhere...over the Rainbow

Posted 05 September 2015 - 02:52 AM

View PostGrisbane, on 04 September 2015 - 06:40 PM, said:

i been trying to dig my way under the underhive. the further i drop, the more mechs that i almost never see show up (highlander, awesome, atlas) i had 3 highlanders in one match.. back when i my elo didn't suck i never saw them.. ever. right now trying to dig the PSR so low there will need to be another tier below 5 where it's 12 players against empty mechs.

Hey, that's MY tier!

#13 Bluttrunken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 830 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 03:05 AM

Very tempted to get a set of Battlemaster now that I sit on 50 million C-Bills but I kinda want to wait for the upcoming Balance Patch.

Also need to finish up my Wave 3 mechs sans Exe.

Edited by k05h3lk1n, 05 September 2015 - 03:06 AM.

#14 Yosharian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 1,656 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 04:01 AM

View PostDakota1000, on 04 September 2015 - 06:25 PM, said:

After the event the amount of Atlases in games seems to have increased. Not just Atlases either, but other assaults in the 10 million cbill range such as king crabs. I've been seeing at an Atlas on my team about every other game other than the one I was piloting that I got from the event money. Its pretty nice out there, just recently mugged a Dire Wolf that kept overheating itself trying to laser vomit on me using my brawling build.

You guys notice any more assaults out, or are you too high up on mt tryhard to see them? :P

I, for one, welcome our LRM Atlas overlords.

Seriously though, I've seen some ******* awful assault builds today.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users