10 replies to this topic

#1 Tiberius Augustus

• PipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 75 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 08:49 PM

Armored Warfare is pretty new and at early access stages, Beta play TBD

First off Armored Warfare, imo has a leg up when they started up compared to MWO. They already have an established PvE content where people can que up to. MWO should have had PvE to start to keep players going and grind thru there also have it random each time instead of going on a linear route(story based) also have PvE CW, if they want to be competitive they go PvP que a.k.a. Matchmaker.

Second they have Tank Crew: Commander, Driver, Gunner, etc. Each have certain set of skills, Commander is unique and can not change much of picture and name, the other crew members you can change the pic and name. How a tank crew is "picked" i have yet to find out. That being said MWO should consider a similar concept, AW commander can be a base for Lore Mech pilots from not so famous/infamous to Known throughout the Battletech Lore. Skill Sets based on what is known about them in the Lore, these pilots should be rare to obtain via "Draw" system. While it seems pay to win, using MC to get rare "Draws" its not, as each Lore pilot have drawbacks themselves.

As for other type pilots, common to not common, their skills are random set once you draw them. Each common pilot use Cbills to "Draw" for them, ranging from 100k for common to 3million for uncommon or risk more like 20 million for a rare "Draw", rare 20%, super rare 5% and ultra rare 1%. The common pilots can be customizable and very versatile they do go through a leveling process and reach a certain level and you can add a skill of your choice capping at 1 for common 2 for uncommon.

Drawing certain pilots can offset quirks as well but at small margin higher for the rares. Headshot death and suicide/out of bounds of mech result in death of pilot and loss in your pilot pool.

#2 Tiberius Augustus

• PipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 75 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 05:56 PM

Armored Warfare is a tank simulator.... not comparing between the games in gameplay, it's what content is available. If MWO had PvE content from the start, it would keep players interested.

#3 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 06 September 2015 - 12:35 AM

View PostTiberius Augustus, on 04 September 2015 - 08:49 PM, said:

Armored Warfare is pretty new and at early access stages, Beta play TBD

First off Armored Warfare, imo has a leg up when they started up compared to MWO. They already have an established PvE content where people can que up to. MWO should have had PvE to start to keep players going and grind thru there also have it random each time instead of going on a linear route(story based) also have PvE CW, if they want to be competitive they go PvP que a.k.a. Matchmaker.

Second they have Tank Crew: Commander, Driver, Gunner, etc. Each have certain set of skills, Commander is unique and can not change much of picture and name, the other crew members you can change the pic and name. How a tank crew is "picked" i have yet to find out. That being said MWO should consider a similar concept, AW commander can be a base for Lore Mech pilots from not so famous/infamous to Known throughout the Battletech Lore. Skill Sets based on what is known about them in the Lore, these pilots should be rare to obtain via "Draw" system. While it seems pay to win, using MC to get rare "Draws" its not, as each Lore pilot have drawbacks themselves.

As for other type pilots, common to not common, their skills are random set once you draw them. Each common pilot use Cbills to "Draw" for them, ranging from 100k for common to 3million for uncommon or risk more like 20 million for a rare "Draw", rare 20%, super rare 5% and ultra rare 1%. The common pilots can be customizable and very versatile they do go through a leveling process and reach a certain level and you can add a skill of your choice capping at 1 for common 2 for uncommon.

Drawing certain pilots can offset quirks as well but at small margin higher for the rares. Headshot death and suicide/out of bounds of mech result in death of pilot and loss in your pilot pool.

if mechwarrior would be a new agme entirely, maybe yes, but battletech is a given lore and this already defines a few things to be, such as one pilot one mech, (there are only a few exceptions, but not enough to make this into standard gameplay).

also, PvE content does not really keep players interested, Most play this stuff through one times and it's done. real replayability is only on gams alowing a load of freedome in characterdevelopment and mutlply ways how a story proceeds. But this will be restricted to real RPG's.

Edited by Lily from animove, 06 September 2015 - 12:37 AM.

#4 Alreech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,649 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 02:57 PM

PvE in MWO would be a nice way for new players to train.

A simple mission with attacking tanks and VTOLs to shoot at, and all new players could learn the basics of mech combat without being stomped on a online server.

And talking about pilots...
The Mechwarrior doesn't matter in Mechwarrior online.
Each player has one warrior with many Mechs, and this single Mechwarrior has no name or face.

IMHO Pilots in MWO should work like moduls.
You could assign them to a Mech, and while they are assigned to that Mech they gain XP during combat.
Killing a Mechwarrior through a Cockpit Crit or Head destruction should be possible.
But I don't think that PGI will ever move away from their XP grinding with 3 Mechs to level up, so it won't happen.

#5 Sizzles

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,221 posts
  • LocationWaiting in line for his UrbanMech UM-PP.

Posted 06 September 2015 - 04:43 PM

AW is a nice game and all. But its even more arcade than WoT. Which I find rather funny. (I love my swingfire.)

I prefer WarThunder to be honest. I'm more of a pilot so the simulator angle is more enjoyable for me. (Realistic and Sim all the way!)

#6 Alreech

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,649 posts

Posted 07 September 2015 - 11:39 AM

View PostMarack Drock, on 06 September 2015 - 04:29 PM, said:

And that idea is pointless. Its all based on the player's skill.

???
In MWO the turn rate of the mech, the maximum speed and the amount of arm movement depends on the skill level of your mech, not on the skill of the player.
http://mwo.gamepedia.com/Pilot_Lab

#7 Tiberius Augustus

• PipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 75 posts

Posted 07 September 2015 - 11:39 PM

here is a post of reference on how this person hashed it out to try to make it relevant

http://mwomercs.com/...lopment-to-mwo/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users