Arctic Cheetas Are My Nemmisis

65 replies to this topic

#41 jeredmann1

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 September 2015 - 03:56 PM

Alright how about you guys back off and see it for your self because I am not changing anything and your justifying it by your facts infront of your face. You have to expeince it to see it so dont tell me what can happen and what can not.

#42 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 08 September 2015 - 03:57 PM

View Postzagibu, on 08 September 2015 - 03:56 PM, said:

Whatever it was, this thread will have fine company in K-Town.

Posted Image

View Postjeredmann1, on 08 September 2015 - 03:56 PM, said:

Alright how about you guys back off and see it for your self because I am not changing anything and your justifying it by your facts infront of your face. You have to expeince it to see it so dont tell me what can happen and what can not.

By any chance were you carrying ammo of some sort, perhaps MG ammo or AMS ammo? That's about all I can think of.

#43 1453 R

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,458 posts

Posted 08 September 2015 - 03:58 PM

I actually have my grandfather's old Arisaka, rather than a Garand. I'm not sure how he got an Arisaka, especially since he worked on a supply carrier in the Navy nowhere near active operations...but I have it. It's cool, even if the ammo costs, like, six bucks a shot were I actually willing to fire it. Talk about your gold ammo right there.

Maybe that's it...the Cheetahs Jimmy's encountering are the ones who've secretly begun buying gold ammo for their cSPLS?!

#44 jeredmann1

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 September 2015 - 03:58 PM

No I had no ammo in the CPLT when it happend so I dont see how he killed me.

#45 1453 R

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,458 posts

Posted 08 September 2015 - 03:59 PM

View Postjeredmann1, on 08 September 2015 - 03:56 PM, said:

Translation: "don't derail my perfectly good CLANZ OP rant with facts! How dare you use facts on me!"

Yeeeuuuup. K-Town, ahoy. Choo choo.

#46 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 08 September 2015 - 04:00 PM

View PostFupDup, on 08 September 2015 - 03:35 PM, said:

Dragon skin!

Nope. It's Chinese paper armor. :D

#47 jeredmann1

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 September 2015 - 04:02 PM

1453 R you serously need to back off I am clearly making a point and giving you all of the facts and plus I dont care if it gets ruind because it acttualy happend so etheir you leave the post or jus dont say anything at all.

#48 1453 R

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,458 posts

Posted 08 September 2015 - 04:08 PM

Numbers don't lie.

Players do, all the time.

I know which one I'll believe in any given situation.

Welcome to MWO. Learn fast, keep your head down, and congratulations on making your first hour of the game all about one of the current hot-button topics in the game. I'm sure Piranha appreciated the MC you bought to make your quad large laser K2 happen literally twenty minutes after you created your account. The Cheetah who ate your ****** in what pretty much had to be the first match you ever played will be overjoyed to learn that he managed to make a salt-mining bittervet out of a fresh rookie in a single match.

#49 Roadkill

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 08 September 2015 - 04:09 PM

View Postjeredmann1, on 08 September 2015 - 04:02 PM, said:

1453 R you serously need to back off I am clearly making a point and giving you all of the facts

No. You aren't. Because the facts as you've explained them are not possible.

You missed something. The Artic Cheetah cannot kill a Catapult with 25 rear armor from behind in one shot. It's that simple. You are wrong.

#50 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts

Posted 08 September 2015 - 04:13 PM

View Post1453 R, on 08 September 2015 - 03:58 PM, said:

I actually have my grandfather's old Arisaka, rather than a Garand. I'm not sure how he got an Arisaka, especially since he worked on a supply carrier in the Navy nowhere near active operations...but I have it. It's cool, even if the ammo costs, like, six bucks a shot were I actually willing to fire it. Talk about your gold ammo right there.

Maybe that's it...the Cheetahs Jimmy's encountering are the ones who've secretly begun buying gold ammo for their cSPLS?!

That sounds like it would fit PGI's monetization strategy quite well...

#51 zagibu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,253 posts

Posted 08 September 2015 - 04:13 PM

View Post1453 R, on 08 September 2015 - 03:58 PM, said:

If he worked on a supply carrier, he might have traded it for some extra supplies to a grunt.

#52 Mystere

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 08 September 2015 - 04:14 PM

View Postjeredmann1, on 08 September 2015 - 03:43 PM, said:

Btw 1453 R I am not exagerating nor lying to you or anyone you guys are assuming on what you saw but im saying what i saw and what happend to me also i have never been on the forums till now.

Asking for a nerf because of a possible one-time event is not going overboard?

#53 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts

Posted 08 September 2015 - 04:14 PM

View PostMystere, on 08 September 2015 - 04:14 PM, said:

Asking for a nerf because of an impossible one-time event is not going overboard?

Fixed. :P

#54 Mystere

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 08 September 2015 - 04:18 PM

View PostFupDup, on 08 September 2015 - 04:14 PM, said:

Fixed. :P

Well, I was being nice and was just assuming it was a rarely occurring and extremely hard to repeat bug. :P :P

#55 1453 R

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,458 posts

C'mon, Mystere. We all know this is an established salt miner smurfing on a new account. The thread went up twenty minutes after his membership date - liek, lit'raly twenty minutes. I can't coneive of a new player managing to acquire a K2, modify it with a semi-meta loadout, figure out he "has to stay near the back, with some guys", discern what an Arctic Cheetah is, track that they killed him through his excessively stupendous assplating, then figure out that the ACH is a contentious, possibly-overpowered light and not The Standard State of Light 'Mechs, all in time to write a complaint thread on the forums twenty minutes after registering with Piranha and then sit here and defend it instead of playing his new games.

An honest new player would be looking for what actually happened and trying to understand, not telling us to our faces that our damn dirty facts are wrong and the ACH is overpowered. Or they would have determined this game sucks, quit, and we would never have heard from them.

Edited by 1453 R, 08 September 2015 - 04:19 PM.

#56 bad arcade kitty

• Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

View Postjeredmann1, on 08 September 2015 - 03:58 PM, said:

No I had no ammo in the CPLT when it happend so I dont see how he killed me.

are you sure? your cat was a laser one but you might carry some ammo for your teammates, you know, like some people don't smoke but have cigarettes at home for their smoking friends

#57 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts

Posted 08 September 2015 - 04:20 PM

View Post1453 R, on 08 September 2015 - 04:18 PM, said:

C'mon, Mystere. We all know this is an established salt miner smurfing on a new account. The thread went up twenty minutes after his membership date - liek, lit'raly twenty minutes. I can't coneive of a new player managing to acquire a K2, modify it with a semi-meta loadout, figure out he "has to stay near the back, with some guys", discern what an Arctic Cheetah is, track that they killed him through his excessively stupendous assplating, then figure out that the ACH is a contentious, possibly-overpowered light and not The Standard State of Light 'Mechs, all in time to write a complaint thread on the forums and then sit here and defend it instead of playing his new games.

An honest new player would be looking for what actually happened and trying to understand, not telling us to our faces that our damn dirty facts are wrong and the ACH is overpowered. Or they would have determined this game sucks, quit, and we would never have heard from them.

Thread posted: 6:08 PM Today

TOTALLY NOT CONSPICUOUS AT ALL GUISE

#58 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 08 September 2015 - 04:40 PM

I get the feeling it was side coring.

The thing is.. w/o the build info or even just a video, it's impossible to tell what was the issue at hand.

More likely 2 Arctic Cheetahs or something like that raided his side torso XL, and that was the end of that.

Edited by Deathlike, 08 September 2015 - 04:41 PM.

#59 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts

Posted 08 September 2015 - 04:41 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 08 September 2015 - 04:40 PM, said:

I get the feeling it was side coring.

The thing is.. w/o the build info, it's impossible to tell what was the issue at hand or even just a video.

More likely 2 Arctic Cheetahs or something like that raided his side torso XL, and that was the end of that.

Not even a rear ST could be taken out that way. 30 structure + 25 armor = 55 required damage to blow out.

#60 bad arcade kitty

• Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 08 September 2015 - 04:44 PM

may be he had 25 back ct armor and 2 back st armor :ph34r:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users