• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,160 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationFilipino @ Singapore

Posted 08 September 2015 - 04:48 PM

View PostFupDup, on 08 September 2015 - 03:12 PM, said:

25 rear armor? Lol. You shouldn't be getting shot in the back that much, especially not in a mech like the Catapult that has such a huge torso twist radius.

Also, the math is seriously off here. The Catapult has 42 points of internal structure on the CT by default. This amount is quirked to be boosted by +10. With 25 points of armor on the back, this means your rear CT has a total health pool of 77 points.

The Cheetah with 6 Clan SPL deals 36 damage maximum, if it fires within 185m and gets the full beam on-target. With 7 SPL, it's 42 damage, which is still much less than the 77 needed to 1-shot you.

Thus, it's actually not possible for him to 1-shot your rear CT from full health.

What he means is he noticed just one salvo... as a back stabbing light pilot (and i dont own cheetos) i typically get 2 salvos before the pilot notices...

#62 jeredmann1

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 September 2015 - 05:00 PM

BTW I have been playin for 7 months thank you very much. I have multiple accounts

#63 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 08 September 2015 - 05:02 PM

View Postjeredmann1, on 08 September 2015 - 05:00 PM, said:

BTW I have been playin for 7 months thank you very much. I have multiple accounts

Why not post on your main?

#64 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 08 September 2015 - 05:32 PM

View PostFupDup, on 08 September 2015 - 05:02 PM, said:

Why not post on your main?

He's hiding his tier!

:P

#65 Kiiyor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 5,564 posts
  • LocationSCIENCE.

Posted 08 September 2015 - 06:24 PM

Don't increase your rear armour, that's ludicrous.

Teammates make the best armour.

The best way to deal with the ACH is to move as a pack and present a united front to the dastardly little predators. Cheetahs LOVE to thin out the stragglers in a herd. There are few mechs who do it as efficiently and brutally. They are the premier opportunist - strong, fast, deadly. They're more like a freaking Lion than a Cheetah.

Posted Image

Don't play into their narrative by being a tempting target, unless you have a ScreakCrow lurking nearby in ambush.

Always, always, always aim for their legs. Even if you don't land as much reliable damage as you would to the top bits, leg hits are fantastic at deterring an enterprising young ACH pilot. If you aim for the top, you'll quickly find that even with the removal of quirks from the upper half, the ACH still tanks better than most mechs in the game.

People need to shift their thinking a little when dealing with them. Throughout most of the history of MWO, most lights have been considered great harassers, though easily deterred and more of a nuisance to most groups than a viable threat like say a DireWolf. You can't treat the ACH that way. You have to identify it as a priority target.

People just aren't used to seeing a light with the threat level of the BoomYagers of old, or the DireWolves of new. Even the venerable FS9 at the height of it's power wasn't as high up the threat list as a DireWolf - the ACH is.

#66 Johnny Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 08 September 2015 - 06:55 PM

View Postjeredmann1, on 08 September 2015 - 05:00 PM, said:

I agree its very likely the Arctic Cheddar and many other Omni mech need another round of nerfage. Or maybe just the Omni tech weapons will get nerfed. That would be great. The Few remaining Inner Sphere loyalists will send up a cheer!

Ignore the Omni tech pilots trolling. They hold tight to the easy mode crutch for all its worth. :)

Equip Seismic mech mod if you havnt already. Only works when not moving but can detect nearby enemy movement.

Edited by Johnny Z, 08 September 2015 - 07:00 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users