Arctic Cheetas Are My Nemmisis

65 replies to this topic

#1 jeredmann1

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 September 2015 - 03:08 PM

Ok so this topic is specificly about the light mech known as the Arctic Cheetah.
Basicly what im talking about here is that there OP AS CRAP i meanim sittin thee in a CPLT-K2
and when it firts starts the match for least 15-30 out of spawn and I DIE......Ya know why I DIED! Frekin ARCTIC CHEETAH WITH 6-7 C-SML PULSE LASES!
I have 25 armour on the back of my catapult and it only takes ONE BURST TO KILL ME!...ONE
I mean WHAT THE HECK!! Im sitting right out of spawn 5-10sec latter I see one sitting right behind me. Im just thinking "Wait how did he get there!" (DEAD) and the when I try to kill one they never DIE! Im pretty sure 4X ER LRG LASERS WOULD TAKE OUT A LEG BUT NOOOOO IT ONLY SCRATCHED 'EM! So that is why I think Arctic Cheetah's sould be nerfed. :angry:

Edited by jeredmann1, 08 September 2015 - 03:10 PM.

#2 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 08 September 2015 - 03:12 PM

25 rear armor? Lol. You shouldn't be getting shot in the back that much, especially not in a mech like the Catapult that has such a huge torso twist radius.

Also, the math is seriously off here. The Catapult has 42 points of internal structure on the CT by default. This amount is quirked to be boosted by +10. With 25 points of armor on the back, this means your rear CT has a total health pool of 77 points.

The Cheetah with 6 Clan SPL deals 36 damage maximum, if it fires within 185m and gets the full beam on-target. With 7 SPL, it's 42 damage, which is still much less than the 77 needed to 1-shot you.

Thus, it's actually not possible for him to 1-shot your rear CT from full health.

Edited by FupDup, 08 September 2015 - 03:12 PM.

#3 jeredmann1

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 September 2015 - 03:13 PM

Then why do i die in one shot then tell me?

#4 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 08 September 2015 - 03:14 PM

Exaggerations! People think embellishing their arguments with a whole pile of them gives them credibility. <smh>

#5 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 08 September 2015 - 03:15 PM

View Postjeredmann1, on 08 September 2015 - 03:13 PM, said:

Then why do i die in one shot then tell me?

The options are:

A. You were damaged ahead of time.
B. You didn't notice him shoot you multiple times (similar to option A).
C. Did you have ammo in the CT that could be critted and thus explode?
D. You're exaggerating.

#6 bad arcade kitty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 08 September 2015 - 03:17 PM

I have 25 armour on the back of my catapult

><

#7 jeredmann1

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 September 2015 - 03:18 PM

I can not choose any of those because
A: I do notice them
B: I try to turn around and shoot them
C: I Only get hit with one burst and im dead

#8 1453 R

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,458 posts

Posted 08 September 2015 - 03:18 PM

Nemesis*

EDIT:: I am now going to rename my ACH-Prime 'Nemesis' when I get home. Then I will be everyone's Nemesis.

Edited by 1453 R, 08 September 2015 - 03:19 PM.

#9 jeredmann1

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 September 2015 - 03:19 PM

Twas typo. Keyboard is bad

#10 zagibu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,253 posts

Posted 08 September 2015 - 03:21 PM

Why do you think it's called attic cheater? It's not called that, but disregard it and think about how things would be if it was indeed called that? Yeah, that's why you die to one burst of them.

#11 jeredmann1

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 September 2015 - 03:24 PM

Also people if you read the whole thing i drive a CPLT-K2 and i have 4X ER LRG lasers on it so thus i wouldnt explode

#12 bad arcade kitty

• Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 08 September 2015 - 03:24 PM

View Postzagibu, on 08 September 2015 - 03:21 PM, said:

Why do you think it's called attic cheater? It's not called that, but disregard it and think about how things would be if it was indeed called that? Yeah, that's why you die to one burst of them.

well, they were called arctic cheaters months before their release
here is a thread from march (!) http://mwomercs.com/...ater-art-is-up/

p.s. attic cheater.. aww, that's adorable

#13 Osteo2001

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 39 posts

Posted 08 September 2015 - 03:25 PM

Look, I run 10 rear armour in my K2 and never have this happen. It's a non meta cat, with 4 MPL and 2 AC10's and while I don't do a bunch of killing with it, its fun and I've never been 1 shotted by an ArC....

I do agree that before today's nerf (I'm still d/l the update) the ArC was a bit_h on the battlefield and OP as Hel_, I think you need to watch your damage meter and be sure its not a few Alpha's to your rear torso that really did you in.

Do you run with the pack? The current meta, with nascar'ing and all, does tend to spread out the damage to the team and not just to the single mech not running with the pack...

Of course, your mileage may vary (YMMV), etc. etc. etc. but do keep track of the battle map and the damage indicator and see if its you, not the ArC itself.

#14 1453 R

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,458 posts

Posted 08 September 2015 - 03:27 PM

View Postjeredmann1, on 08 September 2015 - 03:19 PM, said:

Twas typo. Keyboard is bad

Insert "not the only thing that's bad in this thread!" joke here.

More seriously - even the heaviest ACH alpha strike is not likely to one-shot someone from behind, unless they're drilling out an iXL shoulder with weak back armor. if you're carrying 25 points of assplating per section, then you're exaggerating. And also need to shift about twelve points of that forward. Or, you're carrying 25 points of armor across all three components, which sounds about right but also means you'd have to be taking fire from something like a 7x cERML Cheetah to have it stand a chance of one-shotting you. At which point you need to stop standing around and letting your back armor burn.

The Cheetah's good, no doubt. A right and proper Nemesis. But very little in this game gets one-shotted outside of miracle headshots, despite what the howler monkeys say.

Edited by 1453 R, 08 September 2015 - 03:29 PM.

#15 jeredmann1

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 September 2015 - 03:28 PM

Yes I do I keep my eyes on my damage meter almost all the time and every time im a full armour and not hurt at all I get pulsed one time from all 6-7 CSML P Lasers and I DIE

#16 Bulletsponge0

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 08 September 2015 - 03:30 PM

View PostFupDup, on 08 September 2015 - 03:15 PM, said:

The options are:

A. You were damaged ahead of time.
B. You didn't notice him shoot you multiple times (similar to option A).
C. Did you have ammo in the CT that could be critted and thus explode?
D. You're exaggerating.

E. More than one mech was shooting him

#17 jeredmann1

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 September 2015 - 03:32 PM

Let me Say this im sitting at the back of my team kuz i only go 68 kph so im slow and out of nowhere i get killed the board where it shows what I was damaged by says only C SML P LASERS and it took off all of my armour and inside structure in one pulse I mean how..HOW do you do that and to point this out im not exagerating i have 25 points of armour on my back and its not spread out.

#18 Xetelian

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,375 posts

Posted 08 September 2015 - 03:33 PM

ACH troll thread.

Don't stray from the pack and you wont find yourself dying to lights.

#19 zagibu

• 2,253 posts

Posted 08 September 2015 - 03:34 PM

Did you properly layer the armor plates like this:

Spoiler

#20 jeredmann1

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 September 2015 - 03:34 PM

If you want to test it out your self you can but there was only one guy behind me at the time so I have no idea on how they keep killing me in one hit.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users