81 replies to this topic

#21 MechWarrior319348

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 997 posts
  • LocationInside a straightjacket

Posted 29 April 2016 - 04:32 PM

I've inquired to you guys a few times for suggestions, just want you to know it wasn't for the hell of it.

I'm always looking for more scraps of performance, If there is anything you think I missed, throw it in. If you dont feel comfortable posting it, then PM me.

I want this to be thorough enough so that people have difficulty finding an excuse for bad game performance. If they come here and read, then I really hope they can pick something up.

This is page two of the discussion, I added a few posts before this explaining some recent changes I made. I dont want you to miss them.

Edited by Gigliowanananacom, 29 April 2016 - 04:34 PM.

#22 paws2sky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 167 posts

Posted 30 April 2016 - 08:45 AM

Just a quick note to say that I appreciate the time and effort you've put into this, Gigliowanananacom. Thank you.

#23 MechWarrior319348

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 997 posts

Posted 30 April 2016 - 07:57 PM

View Postpaws2sky, on 30 April 2016 - 08:45 AM, said:

Just a quick note to say that I appreciate the time and effort you've put into this, Gigliowanananacom. Thank you.

Thank you for thanking me, that actually means something if I know people are looking at what I post.

This is all of the things I've gone through to get a good frame rate in the game. Before this, I was really bitter because choppiness was holding me back. I can actually enjoy the game now that I have a decent frame rate. This guide is here because I thought it would be a damn shame for other MWO players to have to spend the hours and hours worth of time doing the research that I had to do.

#24 MechWarrior319348

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 997 posts

Posted 01 May 2016 - 05:15 PM

People are still having issues with smoke putting too much load on their system.

I have made an inquiry to support with a link to this thread, and lots and lots of other information for them to look at.

Hopefully, we can get a fix soon (if you believe your problem is smoke)

Depending on their work load, it could take up to three weeks though. But we might get lucky and get a response on Monday!! Who knows.

#25 MechWarrior319348

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 997 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 04:53 AM

I put the user.cfg into a spoiler, and put it in the user.cfg section of the guide. Duh why didnt I do that earlier.....

As for the people with smoke issues, you might be at a dead end. But it might be worth emailing support with your system specs. I was informed by support that they would like to take each of your cases individually, that way they can determine what fixes may apply best to your specific rig.

I am not sure if that is the generic answer they are told to give us, or if they are serious. But if you really want to dig into a specific issue that is impacting performance, then you will have to go directly to them.

This is basically what I ended up with after the ticket was answered.

Spoiler

Edited by Delta 62, 16 May 2016 - 05:05 AM.

#26 MechWarrior319348

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 997 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 09:08 PM

Im going to do an entirely new walk through of game booster, now known as Razer Cortex.

They change their names around quite often it seems... anyway, I'm impressed with what they are doing, and I will uptade the Game booster section of my guide this week.

#27 RoToR

• PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationMars Delta Labs

Posted 24 May 2016 - 10:02 PM

Awesome work, man. Still have to play at 800x600, but at least now I can aim properly. I think its the first time I finish all my AC10 rounds and manage to survive with 600+ damage. Thanks!

#28 MechWarrior319348

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 997 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 08:25 AM

View PostRoToR, on 24 May 2016 - 10:02 PM, said:

Awesome work, man. Still have to play at 800x600, but at least now I can aim properly. I think its the first time I finish all my AC10 rounds and manage to survive with 600+ damage. Thanks!

rgr rgr

#29 MechWarrior319348

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 997 posts

Posted 27 May 2016 - 12:00 PM

I'm working on some stuff for this, mostly trouble shooting stuff. It will be updated within a week or so.

Also, If you ever get stuck in "game desktop mode" while using Game Booster... or Razer Cortex or whatever version you have, pressing Ctrl+Alt+R will bring you out of it.

#30 RoToR

• PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 30 May 2016 - 12:26 PM

View PostDelta 62, on 08 September 2015 - 06:28 PM, said:

Note: sometimes user.cfgs dont work, in that case, rename it to "systemoverride" and save it.

You mean "systemoverride.cfg"?

#31 MechWarrior319348

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 997 posts

Posted 31 May 2016 - 01:23 AM

View PostRoToR, on 30 May 2016 - 12:26 PM, said:

You mean "systemoverride.cfg"?

Yes

You shouldn't need to do that though.

Are you having trouble?

I can has help you? eh?

Edited by Delta 62, 31 May 2016 - 01:25 AM.

#32 RoToR

• PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 31 May 2016 - 07:21 AM

No, actually user.cfg working. Just in case...

#33 MechWarrior319348

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 997 posts

Posted 01 June 2016 - 10:57 PM

View PostRoToR, on 31 May 2016 - 07:21 AM, said:

No, actually user.cfg working. Just in case...

Rgr

The user.cfg might get you 4-10 frames; there are a lot more steps you can take to secure more frames.

I understand if you dont want to spend too much time looking at the other stuff in the thread. However, if there are any other questions you have, just let me know.

If you dont want to leave it here, you can send me a private message, I dont mind.

Have fun!!!!!

#34 Kuaron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Captain
  • Senior Captain
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 06:31 AM

How do I know if it works?
Where to look for differences?

And:
The FP map with the yellow ground and smoke and fire effects everywhere is almost unplayable for me. Will it get better, I mean does you configuration disable this effects?

#35 MechWarrior319348

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 997 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 04:57 PM

https://drive.google...iew?usp=sharing

If it is working, you will notice the fog all choppy and slideshow like when you are in mechlab. To make sure you have it set up right, you can click the link above, and download the user.cfg file that I have installed on my computer.

Once downloaded, pop it into you mechwarrior directory.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Piranha Games\MechWarrior Online

I'll probably stick the link in my main post too, it will save people some steps.

Edited by Dillion Harper, 07 August 2018 - 11:17 PM.

#36 Smokeyjedi

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,040 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 02 June 2016 - 05:39 PM

I would wonder if the AMD FX series cnfg files I helped write are still applicable, thread affininty was hugely impactful back a year ago or so. I still have them on my desktop for my win 7 SSD.

Edited by Smokeyjedi, 02 June 2016 - 05:39 PM.

#37 Kuaron

• Senior Captain
  • Senior Captain
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 08:24 PM

Alright, then it seems to work, thx.

The file you linked here is just the user.cfg for people with hidden file extension?

#38 RoToR

• PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 12:53 PM

I am actually using both user.cfg and razor cortex, but since I am playing with a GeForce 8500 GT, there is nothig more to get, I guess...

#39 MechWarrior319348

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 997 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 04:07 AM

My performance is bad on the new frozen city. Im gonna see what can be done.... maybe nothing, that icy wind is really hogging resources. Once the lrms start flyin, you lock up.

Seems like most of their features are meant to stay (fairness). Hopefully we can tweak it.

#40 MechWarrior319348

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 997 posts

Posted 26 June 2016 - 05:58 PM

View PostRoToR, on 03 June 2016 - 12:53 PM, said:

I am actually using both user.cfg and razor cortex, but since I am playing with a GeForce 8500 GT, there is nothig more to get, I guess...

Did you do all the other little things? Every little bit of performance you squeeze out of your machine piles up.

Im going to re-do the user.cfg again.

Reading reading reading.

Edited by Dillion Harper, 26 June 2016 - 06:06 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users