• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,146 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 29 September 2015 - 09:27 PM

View PostsamadhiVOID, on 29 September 2015 - 08:43 PM, said:

Is there any chance that the wolverine will have its hand and lower arm actuators removed so it can run dual UACs?

I highly doubt it. MASC and AC20 could be fun though if they did for some reason.

#43 bad arcade kitty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 29 September 2015 - 09:29 PM

a single gauss looks as the main option albeit it's rather low slung... -_-

#44 Torezu

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 329 posts

Posted 30 September 2015 - 08:27 AM

View PostSigilum Sanctum, on 29 September 2015 - 08:54 PM, said:

Mock CDA-3F

Substitute ammo for JJs.

Only 10 DHS? Ouch. Combine that with JJ use and you'll be able to overheat on Alpine. Quickly.

#45 Alexander Garden

Producer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 11:32 AM

The original post has been updated to list the Quirks for the Loyalty 'Mechs.

#46 Danielio97

• PipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 57 posts
  • LocationKráľovce, Slovakia

Posted 05 October 2015 - 01:01 PM

Ok, so quirks on Cicada are rather good, mix of 2A and 3C, just as Sarna says. But that Wolverine... I will probably run it kinda like my AH(L), but instead of three SRM4A I will use only two SRM6... Not sure if it would be worth the tonnage to slap on Artemis on those SRM6s, will depend on how much free tonnage I will have left. My next dilemma is UAC/5 vs AC/10. Since AC/10 ammo buff I have been using it much more... Well, I guess it will all depend on how useful that MASC will be. If I see that it can easily help me to get to advantageous positions or help me save my back armor, then I will keep it. But if it turns out to be a waste of tonnage... I don't want that to happen, I want MASC to be good! Just as AH(L) was an amazing introduction to Centurions for me, I want 7D(L) to be the same. My first mastery was Cicadas, so 3F(L) won't be an introduction to chassis for me, but I bet a lot of people will stop underestimating Cicadas after this little devil gets on the battlefield!

Edited by Danielio97, 05 October 2015 - 01:02 PM.

#47 Torezu

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 329 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 02:49 PM

*considers getting a couple CDAs just to have an ECM mech and start working on mastery*

The jump height on that thing...

#48 fishballz

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 01:36 AM

No 30% Cbill bonus on these loyalty mechs?

#49 Inflatable Fish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 563 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 02:07 AM

View Postfishballz, on 06 October 2015 - 01:36 AM, said:

No 30% Cbill bonus on these loyalty mechs?

the appreciation rewards page states they do have a C-bill bonus.

Wolverine WVR-7D Loyalty Variant (featuring a brand new Armor Style and 30% C-Bill Boost)

Edited by Inflatable Fish, 06 October 2015 - 02:08 AM.

#50 meteorol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,848 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 02:55 AM

View PostAlexander Garden, on 05 October 2015 - 11:32 AM, said:

The original post has been updated to list the Quirks for the Loyalty 'Mechs.

That Wolverine. Even worse hardpoints than the 6R, but literally no quirks to make up for it. A single head mpl will totally cut it on a mech of this weight. I mean i see you tried to quirk it for its stock loadout, but on a mech like this that flat out kills it. Thanks to quirks the 6R is superior to it in every single way. Masc, just like JJ doesn't justify trash quirks compared to other variants.

We are comparing 40% ac5 rof against uac jam chance...

Edited by meteorol, 06 October 2015 - 04:50 AM.

#51 Desintegrator

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,225 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 October 2015 - 07:03 AM

The Cicada will be great !

Looking forward to pilot it...

#52 Widowmaker1981

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,030 posts
  • LocationAt the other end of the pretty lights.

Posted 07 October 2015 - 04:04 AM

View Postmeteorol, on 06 October 2015 - 02:55 AM, said:

That Wolverine. Even worse hardpoints than the 6R, but literally no quirks to make up for it. A single head mpl will totally cut it on a mech of this weight. I mean i see you tried to quirk it for its stock loadout, but on a mech like this that flat out kills it. Thanks to quirks the 6R is superior to it in every single way. Masc, just like JJ doesn't justify trash quirks compared to other variants.

We are comparing 40% ac5 rof against uac jam chance...

Simple fact is anything under 65 tons is too light for ballistics without big quirks, so its got no chance (remove all quirks and.. it will still never be used over something with energy slots so... examples of why we need weapon quirks?). Additiionally MASC is really not useful for a facetime dakka mech.. so this thing is completely DOA, and PGI will never fix it because they wont put on good enough AC quirks to make it a viable choice. The WVR-6R is BARELY viable, and thats with a 40% cooldown quirk...

#53 Twilight Fenrir

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 07 October 2015 - 05:25 AM

View PostWidowmaker1981, on 07 October 2015 - 04:04 AM, said:

Simple fact is anything under 65 tons is too light for ballistics without big quirks, so its got no chance (remove all quirks and.. it will still never be used over something with energy slots so... examples of why we need weapon quirks?). Additiionally MASC is really not useful for a facetime dakka mech.. so this thing is completely DOA, and PGI will never fix it because they wont put on good enough AC quirks to make it a viable choice. The WVR-6R is BARELY viable, and thats with a 40% cooldown quirk...

Oh I dunno... It's a pretty decent mech... I've been pulling a lot of good games with it. 450+ damage and usually a kill or two or three. Rolling with an LB10X, 2SRM6, 1MPL. Granted, I probably won't pilot it much after I elite it. It's just not as much fun as my SCat. But it's certainly a perfectly good machine. I still love MASC. I wish I could put it on all my machines :P

Edited by Twilight Fenrir, 07 October 2015 - 05:26 AM.

#54 rolly

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 995 posts
  • LocationDown the street from the MWO server

Posted 07 October 2015 - 06:15 AM

View PostTitannium, on 11 September 2015 - 12:05 AM, said:

wolverine has MASC ?

Yup so now it can run around really fast for short spurts with both its arms blown off and a MPL in the nose. Sorta like a chicken with no head.

An in-game option to sell these would be wonderful. I appreciate the freebie gift, I've just had my fill of optimizing Wolverines.

Edited by rolly, 07 October 2015 - 06:17 AM.

#55 Grayson Sortek

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 371 posts

Posted 07 October 2015 - 06:33 AM

View Postrolly, on 07 October 2015 - 06:15 AM, said:

Yup so now it can run around really fast for short spurts with both its arms blown off and a MPL in the nose. Sorta like a chicken with no head.

An in-game option to sell these would be wonderful. I appreciate the freebie gift, I've just had my fill of optimizing Wolverines.

NO! They are GIFTS from PGI to you! You can't sell them, that would just break their hearts at PGI. How could you even suggest such a thing? Do you not see the tears? DO YOU NOT?

lmao, I'm going to try to make this wolverine work because I've never really piloted them and I want to check them out. Something tells me I'm going to get my ass handed to me and I'll be going down a few tiers for my effort. Hey, at least the game will get a little bit easier... well for me anyway. Too bad they don't have some kind of BV in place like what I found on the suggestions page under the balancing post by Grayson Marik. (no relation)

#56 Ace Selin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,534 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 08 October 2015 - 04:08 AM

WVR 7D could use some AC5 quirks, because you can at least load 2 of them.
Until then ill shelve it.

#57 rolly

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 995 posts
  • LocationDown the street from the MWO server

Posted 09 October 2015 - 07:19 AM

Its a very pew pew mech. Boxy and can take a beating. Its jumpjets are lacking and really are more for "Ugh... bad buggy terrain. Must Jump." situations. Because of this though, its slower to jump out of CQB messes you find yourself in.

I find it best to medium to long range smashing with the cannons and bullying crippled and light mechs at close range.

#58 Inflatable Fish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 563 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 05:44 AM

e: never mind, reading comprehension is hard

Edited by Inflatable Fish, 19 October 2015 - 05:45 AM.

#59 SoulReaver7500

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 07 November 2015 - 08:35 AM

http://mwomercs.com/...de-voting-poll/

http://mwomercs.com/...de-voting-poll/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users