Posted Image

#42 Eryst

• Pip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 17 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 14 September 2015 - 11:48 AM

Unbelievable....I am so happy the unseen might actually be brought to the game.

Thanks PGI, a dream come true, great place to start.

#43 Lexx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 740 posts
  • LocationSlung below a mech's arm shooting nothing but dirt

Posted 14 September 2015 - 11:50 AM

View PostLORD ORION, on 14 September 2015 - 11:44 AM, said:

Just to make sure,

One of these packs, if bought before Oct 6th at 10am PDT, would qualify you for the customer appreciation WVR-7D.?

Also you should have released the 5R as the 4th variant, probably wouldhave sold alot more packs that way (and ultimately who would care, since the variant would be available for c-nill purchase eventually)

So they should have put in a variant that has a rotary AC/5 (that doesn't come out until 3062) just to have an ECM version of the Marauder?

#44 NocturnalBeast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 14 September 2015 - 11:51 AM

Payday can't get here soon enough!

#45 Speedy Plysitkos

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationMech Junkyard

Posted 14 September 2015 - 11:52 AM

View PostLexx, on 14 September 2015 - 11:50 AM, said:

So they should have put in a variant that has a rotary AC/5 (that doesn't come out until 3062) just to have an ECM version of the Marauder?

JESUS CRIST NO !...... RAC5= instabuy from me, no matter the mech. God thx PGI, no RAC5 yet.

#46 Fang01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 993 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 14 September 2015 - 11:56 AM

Instabought. Cmon Dec1

#47 Alexander Garden

Producer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 11:59 AM

View PostLORD ORION, on 14 September 2015 - 11:44 AM, said:

Just to make sure,

One of these packs, if bought before Oct 6th at 10am PDT, would qualify you for the customer appreciation WVR-7D.?

Also you should have released the 5R as the 4th variant, probably wouldhave sold alot more packs that way (and ultimately who would care, since the variant would be available for c-nill purchase eventually)

Picking up either the Standard or Collector Marauder Pack will make you eligible for receiving the 2015 Inner Sphere Reward WVR-7D.

As with the UrbanMech, the Collector Marauder Pack is not eligible for the Top-Tier Inner Sphere Collection Reward.

#48 Alwrathandabout42ninjas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 1,098 posts

BEST $20 IVE EVER SPENT. THANKS PGI.

#49 Sereglach

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,563 posts
  • LocationWherever things are burning.

Very interesting note about this chassis. Although I doubt too many people would go mounting them (since they aren't "meta" enough), I noticed that NONE of these variants have AMS . . . not a single one. Fascinating. Does that mean there'll be future battlemechs that do not have AMS? I know plenty of Omnimechs don't have AMS hardpoints (unless you put the right pod on), but seeing a Battlemech without AMS is kind of surprising.

On the other hand, I'm glad they chose the variants that they did. I can only hope my post from "The Unseen - Dead Horse No Longer" thread had some influence. Those variants provide some great variety in there, providing ballistic, missile, and energy torso options . . . as well as a mix of jumpers and non-jumpers. Also, the MWO art looks utterly fantastic, and I really look forward to seeing the rest of the classics.

While I won't be spending money until my precious flamers are fixed, I'll be watching this . . . hard. If Flamers are fixed I may buy this package not because I love the Marauder (it's actually kind of "meh" for me), but because it'll help fuel the opportunity for the Wasp, Stinger, Valkyrie, Phoenix Hawk, and Crusader. Now those chassis . . . those I really want to see, and I hope that flamers are fixed by the time they come out, because I want to throw cash at PGI, but I WILL stick to my convictions on this.

Edited by Sereglach, 14 September 2015 - 08:57 PM.

#50 LastKhan

Defender of Star League

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,346 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationIn Dropship DogeCafe

Posted 14 September 2015 - 12:00 PM

Kay i like the bounty hunter so bought. I shall await for the Warhammer.

#51 shopsmart

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 294 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 12:00 PM

Well, this will be my first heavy foray into the heavies. My wallet is going to go full tilt.

For quick analysis. The 30/60 days of premium time is $12/25 bucks. While the packs are $20/40 respectively. Thus $8/15 for the mechs, cockpit items, patterns, etc. Not bad.

The hero mech is hard to stomach, but isn't $15 about 3000 MC? If so, fair enough.

Questions remain to be answered such as if Voldemort decides to try an "abra cadabera" and can we get refunds.

#52 cSand

• 4,589 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh

Posted 14 September 2015 - 12:01 PM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 14 September 2015 - 11:05 AM, said:

Payday tomorrow for me.
.... and you, it would seem :)

The JJ's sold me. This could be come my new go-to. Not gonna go for the hero though.. too slow

Edited by cSand, 14 September 2015 - 12:01 PM.

#53 Donnerkeil666

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Marshal II
  • Marshal II
  • 164 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 12:09 PM

View PostTitannium, on 14 September 2015 - 11:12 AM, said:

i know im alone. i dont like the design . :ph34r:

I don't like the design that much either, looks like the King Crab's little sister. Bought it anyway. On paper it looks like a solid mech, depending on the hitboxes. Side torsos are huge and STD engine seems out of the question.

#54 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 14 September 2015 - 12:10 PM

Well, now that the hardpoints are out,

Gentleman, start your mechlabs!

#55 latinisator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 562 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 September 2015 - 12:12 PM

They took my money! Again!

#56 CMetz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 289 posts
  • LocationCortlandt Manor, NY

Posted 14 September 2015 - 12:14 PM

I was never that big of a fan of the MAD in TT, and as a result not quite the fan boy that most are, however I am purchasing everything on this just because of what it means for the BT universe. (and WHM, PHX potential)

#57 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 14 September 2015 - 12:14 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 14 September 2015 - 11:33 AM, said:

I'm actually disappointed that the BH has an engine cap of 275... I guess it was kind of expected due to its low initial engine size, but at least a 300 would have been nice.

Yeah, I'm hoping they tweak that. In my experience, even the brawl-y Heavies need that speed to survive. 75-80kph is the floor.

#58 cSand

• 4,589 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh

Posted 14 September 2015 - 12:19 PM

View PostTarogato, on 14 September 2015 - 12:10 PM, said:

Well, now that the hardpoints are out,

Gentleman, start your mechlabs!

Aw yea

Didn't even wait for payday. Just snapped up a 20$ pack (don't like the low engine cap in the hero, and the R to me, with no JJs is gonna be my least used variant) That 5D though. delicious

#59 KhanJames

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 56 posts
  • LocationFl

Posted 14 September 2015 - 12:19 PM

I actually really like the design. and yea i realize that most of PGIs designs have em but the legs just look better (more substantial) nevery liked the look of spindly spiderlegs on something thats weighs similar to a tank.

And its funny i actually thought the opposite the added armor and slower speed of the hero should give a diffrent playstyle/dynamic to it. i'll just pretend its an assault And dude i dont know what kit/load you use but i dont think even half my heavies (not including clan) hit over 70 kph. so just got the basic and the hero for 35. might upgrade later if the (S) does end up getting unique geo cause other wise it'll end up being the same as urbie where my second copy became a ERPPC turret to screw with people when im really bored.

Plus I'm rather curious to see how it stacks up against the timber and ebon jag. they seem similar in weapons and armor so it'll be a better example IMO of clan vs IS equip.

#60 LORD ORION

• Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 12:20 PM

View Postshopsmart, on 14 September 2015 - 12:00 PM, said:

Well, this will be my first heavy foray into the heavies. My wallet is going to go full tilt.

For quick analysis. The 30/60 days of premium time is $12/25 bucks. While the packs are $20/40 respectively. Thus $8/15 for the mechs, cockpit items, patterns, etc. Not bad.

The hero mech is hard to stomach, but isn't $15 about 3000 MC? If so, fair enough.

Questions remain to be answered such as if Voldemort decides to try an "abra cadabera" and can we get refunds.

A 75 ton hero costs 5625 MC at normal price. Probably best to wait for the extra C-nill +25% bonus sale, and wait for a 50% off hero sale unless you have to have it. ;)

The $20 pack is pushing the value received to the, not gonna do it, range since the mechs will be sent out for c-nills and the early adopter reward is negligible,

The only reason I am considering it is for the Customer Appreciation wolverine which I don't qualify for yet.

If they wanted to guarantee a sale, they should have added a faction content selection early adopter (because paints), or some more premium time (say a 7 day early adopter premium time would not be unreasonable to couple with the 30 day in the pack)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users