Faction Warfare Is Trash

90 replies to this topic

#1 Voro117

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 11:20 AM

There's no balance at all or real strategy to it.
You have an even number of clan mechs vs the same number and tonnage of inner sphere mechs
If your inner sphere and attacking good luck winning with a team of random people.

Because not only are you fighting mechs with longer range weapons that do more damage, so meaning that you get worn down before your even in firing range. Then you have turrets everywhere inside the base.
Even as a clan attacking force your hard pressed to be able to win when your bottle necked so tight. Just a perfect killzone.

If I ever saw this setup in a total war game I'd pull back my forces and pillage surrounding country or try to starve them out, because there's no way I'd be able to take a castle by storming just the front gates without enough bodies to be able to win by weight of numbers

#2 Memnon Valerius Thrax

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 766 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 September 2015 - 12:04 PM

another troll fred

bla bla blaaaa

and if you are a Clanner you get a stomp from 12 Thunderbolts and Dragons with Ultra quircks and has also no Chance.
If you has no unit, dont play CW
its the first and only Rule.

a longrange fight is always won by IS. They have the better and higher Hardpoints and the same reach with the quirks. With more wps and cooler Systems the 400-600m Distance is Gold for the IS.

getting ****** with pugs and complain about cw is cool. The CW Modus isnt for pugs. and if you dont know to play with a IS Mech or to build a IS Mech........ its only your Problem.

Edited by Memnon Valerius Thrax, 17 September 2015 - 12:16 PM.

#3 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 18 September 2015 - 07:11 AM

When I fight clans I can tell right away if we will win by the map and if we're attacking or defending.

I hope the great rebalance helps this.

#4 Antares102

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 07:18 AM

It was the first post of a total n00b that probably never reflected on his own actions and mistakes.

#5 Triordinant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,495 posts
  • LocationThe Dark Side of the Moon

Posted 18 September 2015 - 07:23 AM

Posted Image

#6 Karl Marlow

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,277 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 03:51 AM

Wow. Is it January again? Someone needs to keep better tabs on their time machines.

#7 pbiggz

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,682 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 21 September 2015 - 04:44 AM

View PostVoro117, on 17 September 2015 - 11:20 AM, said:

There's no balance at all or real strategy to it.
You have an even number of clan mechs vs the same number and tonnage of inner sphere mechs
If your inner sphere and attacking good luck winning with a team of random people.

Because not only are you fighting mechs with longer range weapons that do more damage, so meaning that you get worn down before your even in firing range. Then you have turrets everywhere inside the base.
Even as a clan attacking force your hard pressed to be able to win when your bottle necked so tight. Just a perfect killzone.

If I ever saw this setup in a total war game I'd pull back my forces and pillage surrounding country or try to starve them out, because there's no way I'd be able to take a castle by storming just the front gates without enough bodies to be able to win by weight of numbers

Translation:
Posted Image

#8 multisoul

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • 327 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 09:20 PM

clans are so screwed when you are in a 12-man

#9 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 25 September 2015 - 09:31 PM

Whichever team is more organized and teamlike will win. CHEATERS.

Teamwork op, pls nerf

#10 Mazzyplz

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,292 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 09:43 PM

who cares if it is balanced or not?

the game mode is utter garbage because it is boring and totally lame;

really? you want to drive long hallways into chokepoints where the enemy team is waiting with a firing line?
so you can shoot some random nondescript thing?

no capture the flag? no imaginative maps? no more than 3 routes of attack??

is this a joke? yes it is; but we're expected to take it 100% seriously

whoever came up with the idea to copy league of legends maps into MWO should get an X ray - or check for lumps

#11 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 25 September 2015 - 10:30 PM

View PostMemnon Valerius Thrax, on 17 September 2015 - 12:04 PM, said:

another troll fred

bla bla blaaaa

and if you are a Clanner you get a stomp from 12 Thunderbolts and Dragons with Ultra quircks and has also no Chance.
If you has no unit, dont play CW
its the first and only Rule.

a longrange fight is always won by IS. They have the better and higher Hardpoints and the same reach with the quirks. With more wps and cooler Systems the 400-600m Distance is Gold for the IS.

getting ****** with pugs and complain about cw is cool. The CW Modus isnt for pugs. and if you dont know to play with a IS Mech or to build a IS Mech........ its only your Problem.

Most of your post is fine. Except for that silly, and almost completely wrong bit about IS winning the long range fight.

#12 WolfLord68

Rookie

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 11:45 PM

[color="#000000"]I have played as both Clan and IS, and as attacker and defender. And it has been my experience that it is the side that plays as an organised team and not as a group of individuals that wins the matches.[/color]

#13 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 26 September 2015 - 11:07 AM

View PostWolfLord68, on 25 September 2015 - 11:45 PM, said:

[color="#000000"]I have played as both Clan and IS, and as attacker and defender. And it has been my experience that it is the side that plays as an organised team and not as a group of individuals that wins the matches.[/color]

Unless there is an event going on how often are you guys seeing pugs? I am always in some type of organised team. When I see two organised teams with equal skill live it all depends on the map and mode.

#14 S T I N G S

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 26 September 2015 - 08:51 PM

I dropped with a 12 man of BAAH tonight and we got 3 CW matches and we won 3/3 of the matches against clans by pretty hefty margins.
48 to 21/ 48 to 17/ 48 to 25

#15 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 26 September 2015 - 09:09 PM

I agree that PGI needs to make add allot more depth to CW, we really need to have reasons to fight for the planets that we do. On the other hand, it is all about organized groups on coms, it is big boy mode. Don't try CW if you are not capable of working as a team.

View PostGeneralKota307, on 26 September 2015 - 08:51 PM, said:

I dropped with a 12 man of BAAH tonight and we got 3 CW matches and we won 3/3 of the matches against clans by pretty hefty margins.
48 to 21/ 48 to 17/ 48 to 25

Pretty good for Marik, I know from experience that your leaders are loud, but not necessarily great strategists, I see that mercs are on your side now, that is good at least.

#16 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 26 September 2015 - 09:12 PM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 25 September 2015 - 10:30 PM, said:

Most of your post is fine. Except for that silly, and almost completely wrong bit about IS winning the long range fight.

IS does have the advantage being able to fire 3 LL without ghost heat. Have you faced a Stalker / TBolt LL sniping team? Or the Kurita Firestarter swarm in clan mechs?

#17 Suzumiya Haruhi no Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 413 posts
  • Locationjapan

Posted 26 September 2015 - 09:28 PM

Now that you're here.

#18 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 26 September 2015 - 09:45 PM

View PostMechaNagato, on 26 September 2015 - 09:28 PM, said:

Now that you're here.

Liking your own posts? Shouldn't you be in a Kurita unit? Seriously, is that an Asian thing?

Edited by Ed Steele, 26 September 2015 - 09:45 PM.

#19 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 26 September 2015 - 11:18 PM

View PostEd Steele, on 26 September 2015 - 09:12 PM, said:

IS does have the advantage being able to fire 3 LL without ghost heat. Have you faced a Stalker / TBolt LL sniping team? Or the Kurita Firestarter swarm in clan mechs?

I only play clans in the public queue. So I can't say I have.

Those 3 LLs don't have the range of the C-ERLLs, and EBJs, and TBRs with the high energy mounts can easily match them in count, while out-ranging them, and possibly even out-damaging them. Same with the SCR. So a 12 v 12 LL team on both ends will be somewhat even, with maybe a slight advantage to the clans if they keep it far away, or to the IS, if they can close distance. However, when they close distance that's no longer a long range fight, now is it?

Edited by IraqiWalker, 26 September 2015 - 11:19 PM.

#20 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 26 September 2015 - 11:28 PM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 26 September 2015 - 11:18 PM, said:

I only play clans in the public queue. So I can't say I have.

Those 3 LLs don't have the range of the C-ERLLs, and EBJs, and TBRs with the high energy mounts can easily match them in count, while out-ranging them, and possibly even out-damaging them. Same with the SCR. So a 12 v 12 LL team on both ends will be somewhat even, with maybe a slight advantage to the clans if they keep it far away, or to the IS, if they can close distance. However, when they close distance that's no longer a long range fight, now is it?

Certain IS mechs with +25% energy range quirks can boat ER-LL out to 911m effective range, putting 3ERLL@ 27 damage vs 2 clan ERLL at 22 damage at 844m. Also accounting for burn duration (and burn duration quirks), as well as cooldown quirks and the IS will win the range trade if you bring a proper range deck.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users