#81 Mogul

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 24 posts
  • LocationNorth West, UK

Posted 20 October 2015 - 02:39 AM

View PostPihoqahiak, on 20 October 2015 - 01:33 AM, said:

There are at least 22 Inner Sphere mech variants that out range Clan ERLL with a Mk. I Targeting Computer and at least 12 mech variants that out range them even if they had a Mk. VII TC. Many of those variants have comparable, or better located hard points as well. Out of those, I'd say around a third of them are reasonably usable, and at least a quarter of them are quite deadly when trading at long range against Clan mechs.

This is too simplistic, doesn't take into account the weight differences, heat differences and general things like hit boxes and mech speed. Some of the maps are just too open, boreal vault on counter attack give line of sight all the way to the drop ships, clan mechs can hit dropping mechs before the hit the ground, same with Hellebore Springs. Some of the best games in CW are for me, as an IS pilot, on Grim Portico, it has some open ground but enough cover to help with the imbalance in range, it is not perfect but nothing ever will be.

#82 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 20 October 2015 - 08:48 PM

View PostEd Steele, on 19 October 2015 - 10:57 PM, said:

Oh boy.

I apologize. My original post may have seemed condescending, but that's because I thought no one would be so low as to cheat like THAT, in a near meaningless game mode, like CW.

I honestly did not imagine people would put that much effort into cheating CW.

This is a very new low, that I didn't imagine existed.

#83 Stephen Grendal

• PipPip
  • Hauptmann-General
  • Hauptmann-General
  • 22 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 10:44 PM

View PostEd Steele, on 19 October 2015 - 10:57 PM, said:

Actions like this are a poison!

I've played MWO for a long time, I enjoy the game even as it works through different attempts to "Balance" the game. I've stayed off the Forums as it seems they are more of a display of distaste in ones frustration, and less of a constructive area to formulate great ideas. I have pretty much stepped away from CW since the Tukayyid (didn't play for 2 weeks after, Burnt on getting 54 game scores playing purely IS) because of having no point to obtain or defend anything other than to have a shiny planet with you tag.......... or some fabulous pixels to display in your cockpit.

If this type of malaise would be left alone after being identified, I would greatly question my further support to MWO. not to mention the people who you will lose before even getting into the game.

#84 NocturnalBeast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 21 October 2015 - 12:21 AM

View PostStephen Grendal, on 20 October 2015 - 10:44 PM, said:

Actions like this are a poison!

I've played MWO for a long time, I enjoy the game even as it works through different attempts to "Balance" the game. I've stayed off the Forums as it seems they are more of a display of distaste in ones frustration, and less of a constructive area to formulate great ideas. I have pretty much stepped away from CW since the Tukayyid (didn't play for 2 weeks after, Burnt on getting 54 game scores playing purely IS) because of having no point to obtain or defend anything other than to have a shiny planet with you tag.......... or some fabulous pixels to display in your cockpit.

If this type of malaise would be left alone after being identified, I would greatly question my further support to MWO. not to mention the people who you will lose before even getting into the game.

Don't quit, just drop in the PUB queue. The Solo queue is a true test of skill, especially if you can lead your team to victory!

#85 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 21 October 2015 - 12:26 AM

View PostEd Steele, on 21 October 2015 - 12:21 AM, said:

Don't quit, just drop in the PUB queue. The Solo queue is a true test of skill, especially if you can lead your team to victory!

I think by "support" he meant financial.

#86 Black Ivan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,698 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 03:18 AM

Has there been any official statement to the case ?

There seems nothing is going on about it on the forums and any people do not even know about it.

#87 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 11:09 AM

View PostBlack Ivan, on 21 October 2015 - 03:18 AM, said:

Has there been any official statement to the case ?

There seems nothing is going on about it on the forums and any people do not even know about it.

Probably because most players have given up on CW and have not noticed.

#88 BuckshotSchell

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 143 posts
  • LocationIn a private drop ship, on the way to your planet. Please have C-bills on hand.

Posted 21 October 2015 - 11:54 AM

Well I'm a noob, as I've only been playing for about 10 days, but here are my impressions so far. The clans do have a bit of an advantage overall with their range and damage, but it's not usually insurmountable. I've puged quite a bit and have found a great group of players to CW with, and the most glaring advantage goes to the team that has the best communication and coordination. The range advantage can be easily negated with good use of cover and movement, staying in a good formation and unloading concentrated fire on enemies to eliminate them quickly. My worst losses have definitely been during a puging session when we had little or very poor communication and coordination. I don't know how this new drop system is going to work out though.

#89 BuckshotSchell

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 143 posts
  • LocationIn a private drop ship, on the way to your planet. Please have C-bills on hand.

Posted 21 October 2015 - 11:58 AM

I personally enjoy the CW also, I like having objectives to fight for more than just skirmish battles. However they should add more mission types.

#90 Stephen Grendal

• PipPip
  • Hauptmann-General
  • Hauptmann-General
  • 22 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 01:37 PM

View PostBuckshotSchell, on 21 October 2015 - 11:58 AM, said:

I personally enjoy the CW also, I like having objectives to fight for more than just skirmish battles. However they should add more mission types.

Not saying I don't enjoy CW, Just saying there is a lot of lost potential. I will play when a group I know needs someone, I just don't go looking for CW groups much any more.

1 thing I do have to say though is............. ZOMBIE JUMP CRAB!!!

#91 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 25 October 2015 - 01:29 PM

View PostStephen Grendal, on 21 October 2015 - 01:37 PM, said:

Not saying I don't enjoy CW, Just saying there is a lot of lost potential. I will play when a group I know needs someone, I just don't go looking for CW groups much any more.

1 thing I do have to say though is............. ZOMBIE JUMP CRAB!!!

PGI can easily fix CW. All that needs to be done is make the games 10 Clan mechs vs 12 IS mechs. Also, PGI can greatly increase the rewards for Clan players if they "bid" less mechs, or lower than the maximum available tonnage. PGI should also give a bonus just for playing IS and they should make it so holding certain planets gives your faction a bonus (like holding objectives in Planetside 2).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users