Inner Sphere Dropdeck Tonnage Boost Now In Effect

37 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,779 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 01:27 PM

Greetings MechWarriors,
DropShip division Commanders from all Inner Sphere factions will facilitate a temporary 10-ton increase in the total DropDeck tonnage allotment until further notice.
DropDeck tonnage limits for all Inner Sphere Factions have been increased to 250 tonnes until further notice.

#2 Livewyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,733 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 17 September 2015 - 01:29 PM

Because.

#3 LORD ORION

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 02:00 PM

Hrmmm do I want an extra Wolverine or Thunderbolt in my drop deck.?

#4 QueenBlade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2017 Bronze Champ
  • WC 2017 Bronze Champ
  • 710 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 02:13 PM

I'd really like to see a 240 Clan vs 280 IS deck (a 15% advantage in armor).

#5 Steel Raven

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,372 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 02:16 PM

View PostLivewyr, on 17 September 2015 - 01:29 PM, said:

Because.

... because Clans have been wuppin the IS for awhile statistically. It doesn't sound like it will stay in the IS favor for long but it might be enough to boost the number IS players so you Falcon have at least more people to shoot at.

#6 Skarlock

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 328 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 02:33 PM

View PostQueenBlade, on 17 September 2015 - 02:13 PM, said:

I'd really like to see a 240 Clan vs 280 IS deck (a 15% advantage in armor).

Three stalkers and a locust would be pretty terrifying to face if you're running say, 3 hellbringers/ebon jags and an ice ferret. Granted the Stalker-4N isn't what it used to be, but still, it'd be pretty terrifying. Same for a 3 thunderbolt, 1 stalker or battlemaster drop deck.

#7 QueenBlade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2017 Bronze Champ
  • WC 2017 Bronze Champ
  • 710 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 02:57 PM

Right, the idea is to give IS more armor to play with while the Clans have more weapon/fire power to play with.

#8 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 17 September 2015 - 04:27 PM

Clear indication of Clan vs. IS balance still favoring the Clan side.

#9 Speedy Plysitkos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationMech Junkyard

Posted 17 September 2015 - 04:50 PM

ok, and when can we finaly change sides, without exiting current faction/clan ? Im Ghost Bear , but cannot play with IS mechs in CW.

But id like to play both sides ofc.

#10 Gumon Choji

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 206 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 06:15 PM

When they did the last even they (PGI) found the matches won to be close. But the clans attacked more and at the right times thus won. At least that is what they said.

#11 Rattazustra

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 216 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 07:01 PM

Balance was in IS favour for quite some time. Most IS players are just not skilled and organized enough to notice.

Right now it is ridiculous. If anything, IS tonnage should have been reduced by 5-10.

#12 dervishx5

• The Workhorse
  • The Workhorse
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 07:21 PM

View PostRattazustra, on 17 September 2015 - 07:01 PM, said:

Balance was in IS favour for quite some time. Most IS players are just not skilled and organized enough to notice.

Right now it is ridiculous. If anything, IS tonnage should have been reduced by 5-10.

I want what you're smoking

#13 BerserX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 424 posts
  • LocationHere

Posted 17 September 2015 - 07:31 PM

View PostTitannium, on 17 September 2015 - 04:50 PM, said:

ok, and when can we finaly change sides, without exiting current faction/clan ? Im Ghost Bear , but cannot play with IS mechs in CW.

But id like to play both sides ofc.

...Um... this goes without saying, but next time don't take a lifetime contract. If you wanna' run IS, take an IS contract. It's really just that simple.

#14 Desintegrator

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,225 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 September 2015 - 09:41 PM

Great !
Time to get an extra Thunderbolt !

#15 Pragr

• PipPip
  • Major
  • 31 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 09:56 PM

View PostZelthar the mecha wizard, on 17 September 2015 - 08:36 PM, said:

If you did, you'd know he's right. Clan players are far more skilled and organized than IS players because we have to be...

You show just the half of the picture. I have no idea if you omitted some clan's biggest advantages for purpose or accidentally only.

1) XL engine durability. The fact that clan mechs side torso destruction has no negative effect is actually more significant than any quirk on IS mechs.

2) The tiny CT of many clan mechs (Stormcrow and Arctic cheater are the most significant examples) is close connected to the above point.

3) In close connection to Arctic cheater's hitboxes and physical limitation of internet connection, the streaks 4 and 6 are way more significant than they used to be.

Anyway, back to the topic. IMO the higher limit of tonnage should be lowered by bigger margin for both clans and IS instead to be increased. My idea always was that the upper limit should be around 200 tons, so we would see less assaults and heavies and more mediums and lights. But that's just my opinion and not very popular probably.

Edited by Pragr, 18 September 2015 - 03:08 AM.

#16 Arkhangel

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,187 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 17 September 2015 - 11:31 PM

uh.... Clan players are actually some of the biggest idiots in the game BECAUSE they think clan tech is so much superior. You guys have some great units...but your Average Clan player is a complete numbskull. Most of you probably don't even know what "Zelbringen" is, or even that there's more clans than just the four we have ingame. most IS pilots played Battletech and actually paid attention to some amount of lore.

You're less skilled because you're ALLOWED to be. And if PGI actually had you guys have to follow clan rules, pretty much 99% of your best units would be considered Solahma units right now.. Shamed, because you fight dirtier than the Inner Sphere "Barbarians" you detest. :P

and FYI, we were still kicking your clan butts before Quirks even showed up. they mainly got added because people didn't pilot certain mechs or variants. at all. most of the Wolverines, for instance. you guys didn't get quirks because you have better tech than we do. you want to "balance" this, tell PGI to hand over Full IS Ultra, LBX, Light AC/5 and Light Gauss and Streak Tech, Light Fusion Engines and put out an IS OmniMech pack.

Until then, deal with it.

and don't even get me started on how grossly overpowered your incoming IIcs are going to be unless some kind of balancing miracle happens.

Edited by Arkhangel, 17 September 2015 - 11:41 PM.

#17 K19

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 355 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 18 September 2015 - 12:44 AM

Ready from crying, they managed. Sad. You know what your problem seems to come and weep for you to change. Knowing who lost will continue to lose and true. Teach players rather than facilitate. :angry:

#18 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 18 September 2015 - 02:01 AM

Clan players are far more skilled and organized than IS players because we have to be.
LOL.

/Lots of stuff about Clan weapons and Mechs/

Fact: in a side by side comparison of Clan and IS weapons and other balancing factors, Clan has an advantage in 40 of them, IS has an advantage in 16 of them, and the rest are equal.

I have all the IS and Clan Mechs, too. I don't always want to win at all costs, but when I do, I use Clan Mechs.

Aside from superior Mechs and Weaponry, Clans are also winning the Inner Sphere because there are far more PUG/F2P players fighting in CW on the IS side, not using the few uber-quirked IS competitive Mechs, than there are on the Clan side. That is because Clan Mechs have a higher cost of purchase and worse trial Mechs.

The advantage in numbers on the IS side doesn't come into play because IS players queue where there are Clan opponents, not where they will win through ghost drops.

Edited by Appogee, 18 September 2015 - 02:05 AM.

#19 Svarn Lornon

• PipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 93 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 03:07 AM

If you did, you'd know he's right. Clan players are far more skilled and organized than IS players because we have to be.

LOL, they are? Considering the recent experiences from our clan tour I can't really sign this statement. Neither the organization nor the skillpart.

Edited by Svarn Lornon, 18 September 2015 - 03:08 AM.

#20 Catalina Steiner

• Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 2,119 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationNagelring Academy

Posted 18 September 2015 - 04:20 AM

View PostLivewyr, on 17 September 2015 - 01:29 PM, said:

Because.

...watch the map, I suppose.

1 user(s) are reading this topic