Territorial Challenge Event

1341 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 02:35 PM

STARTS: September 17th at 4:00 PM PDT (11:00 PM UTC)

ENDS: September 22nd at 9:00 AM PDT (4:00 PM UTC)

Territorial Challenge Event

Greetings MechWarriors,

In the war for the Inner Sphere, the battlefields on which these struggles take place are as integral to achieving victory as the power of even the strongest MechWarrior. For every pilot who might excel in the scorched desolation of Caustic Valley, there is another who will prove their superiority among the constricting vegetation of Viridian Bog. For every pilot who might be renowned for victory on the barren tundra of Boreal Vault, there is another who may prove their true strength among the crystalline towers of Grim Portico.

This Territorial Challenge features distinct Player Prize Packs for both the Standard and Community Warfare queues, with a chance to qualify for up to four Prize Packs!

For those among you who can rise to the highest ranks we are running Overall Leaderboards for both the Standard and Community Warfare queues, with a chance to earn a Marauder Pack or MC as reward for your efforts and abilities.

Head over to the Tournament page for all the details!

#2 Domenoth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 461 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 02:40 PM

I'm a little confused, who gets the Marauder pack(s)? I assume the leaderboard people, but I didn't see a top 5 get.... #6-10 get....

Do we have to wait for the leader board to fill up to find out? If so that works.

Edited by Domenoth, 17 September 2015 - 02:42 PM.

#3 YourSaviorLegion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 418 posts
  • LocationSpace The Final Frontier

Posted 17 September 2015 - 02:40 PM

Meow

#4 Screech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 2,290 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 02:45 PM

Love events. Having them tied to the RNG due to map selection however will cause much QQ, some of it deserved. I think the fact that you knew from the start that this would cause people to want to disconect due to map choice, by tracking disconects, pretty much proves you should have structured it differently.

#5 Iqfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,488 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationGermany, CGN

Posted 17 September 2015 - 02:46 PM

Finally! A Community Warfare Event!

Phoenix Legion, ASSEMBLE! :lol:

#6 Alexander Garden

Producer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 02:48 PM

View PostDomenoth, on 17 September 2015 - 02:40 PM, said:

I'm a little confused, who gets the Marauder pack(s)? I assume the leaderboard people, but I didn't see a top 5 get.... #6-10 get.... Do we have to wait for the leader board to fill up to find out? If so that works.

The Leaderboards are Top 10 and the tables will start populating properly once matches start running. Until then, this is the reward structure both Leaderboards will follow:

1st Place - Marauder Collectors Pack + Hero 'Mech
2nd Place - Marauder Collectors Pack
3rd Place - Marauder Standard Pack
4th Place - 2000 MC
5th Place - 1750 MC
6th Place - 1500 MC
7th Place - 1000 MC
8th Place - 750 MC
9th Place - 500 MC
10th Place - 250 MC

#7 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 17 September 2015 - 02:49 PM

Can someone clarify the disconnects? I disconnect at the start of matches sometimes, usually I can get back in but sometimes I die before that point. Do those disconnects disqualify me? Its not my fault, its somewhere between my internet and the game.

Also, does this include disconnecting after you die? Or is that allowed.. Please clarify!

#8 M A S E

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 142 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 02:52 PM

Aaaaand... there goes my weekend. xD

#9 YUyahoo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 02:59 PM

I hate to say it but the real challenge will be getting games on all of the appropriate maps since we can't control what maps we play on and very frequently lately we are getting the same map 4+ times in a row. Thanks for the event PGI, see you all on the battlefield!

#10 Alexander Garden

Producer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 03:04 PM

View PostYUyahoo, on 17 September 2015 - 02:59 PM, said:

I hate to say it but the real challenge will be getting games on all of the appropriate maps since we can't control what maps we play on and very frequently lately we are getting the same map 4+ times in a row. Thanks for the event PGI, see you all on the battlefield!

All maps have equal weighting during this event, which should help.

#11 GreyNovember

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,331 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 03:12 PM

Aye. As generous as the prize is, I have to agree with the poster who mentioned disconnecting.

Being in the Philippines -really- does not help this; as connections are only stable to all servers from like... 12 midnight to 9 am on weekdays. That and my laptop likes to freeze up, but that's more my problem than the event's.

Stiiiill wont be joining CW, since the only real motivation is the Marauder, and I'll probably throw cash at you guys for this event for my own pack to top it off. Have fun lads.

#12 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,365 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 03:15 PM

Guys - i apreciate your work though i have a feeling that the Disco Thresholds are pretty tight set - on a Weekend with steamy Servers and God knows what Internet traffic and ISP Troubles...
Maybe we can lose them a bit more for the good sake?

Pretty PLease :)

Disqualification Thresholds:

•3 Disconnects (combined across all queues): You are disqualified from Leaderboard placement.
•5 Disconnects (combined across all queues): You are disqualified from Tier 2 Prize Pack eligibility.
•10 Disconnects (combined across all queues): You are disqualified from Tier 1 Prize Pack eligibility.

#13 keith

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,272 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 03:19 PM

so is it u can get tier 2 on ever map?

#14 Creag

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 419 posts
  • Locationadelaide Australia

Posted 17 September 2015 - 03:20 PM

If the server gives you a Disconnect at the beginning does this count as a disqualication mark

#15 Matt Newman

Live Ops Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 03:21 PM

We'll see how it goes tomorrow if it is a major issue we will address it.
Remember Rejoin can and will help with any unintentional disconnects.

M

#16 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 17 September 2015 - 03:27 PM

View PostMatt Newman, on 17 September 2015 - 03:21 PM, said:

We'll see how it goes tomorrow if it is a major issue we will address it.
Remember Rejoin can and will help with any unintentional disconnects.

M

I still have instances where the game will repeatedly return me to mechlab upon trying to rejoin, until I quit the client, and then start over again, then I can usually get in but, by that point I am usually dead already.

Second question was, can we disconnect after we die or do those count towards the disconnect limit?

#17 SkyHammyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 462 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 03:27 PM

Thing is- Disconnects are a big problem.
People DC and your team is down a mech. This hurts the eleven other guys that get /rolfstomped to a numerically superior force.

If you don't want to get disqualified, stop trying to run the game on a Commodore 64.

#18 Thorqemada

• 6,365 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 03:29 PM

Yeah, cool. :)

I ask bcs i have not much of them Discos (only a very few usualy with some spikes now and then) though many of these Discos force a complete restart of the whole Computer and in case of a midmatch Disco i have missed quite some of them bcs i do not make it back in time...

#19 Mister Blastman

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 17 September 2015 - 03:31 PM

Wow. Some enticing prizes for a change. Thanks PGI!

#20 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 17 September 2015 - 03:32 PM

View PostSkyHammr, on 17 September 2015 - 03:27 PM, said:

Thing is- Disconnects are a big problem.
People DC and your team is down a mech. This hurts the eleven other guys that get /rolfstomped to a numerically superior force.

If you don't want to get disqualified, stop trying to run the game on a Commodore 64.

May your ISP give you interesting performance.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users