66 replies to this topic

#41 K19

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 355 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 22 September 2015 - 02:12 AM

More of the same and the only novelty in its design anything more. Here's the rest of neeeeee cockpit.

#42 Kinski Orlawisch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 2,282 posts
  • LocationHH

Posted 22 September 2015 - 02:19 AM

A lot of peopel cry that the new mechs are OP till they get nerfed when they arrive for C Bills. These quircks show that they need a buff...not a nerf.

Nice to have. He will get his role in my dropdeck.

#43 KursedVixen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 22 September 2015 - 02:22 AM

Does any variant even carry ECM? I thought one of the black knights had ecm..

Edited by KursedVixen, 22 September 2015 - 02:24 AM.

#44 Eregion

• PipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 79 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 02:51 AM

View PostNik Kerensky, on 22 September 2015 - 01:31 AM, said:

I thought it has some sort of heat reduction quirks already (energy cooldown quirk). Not sure what some people are whining about?

Nope. "Cooldown" means that you can "fire faster". It's a kind of "heat penalty", if you want... ;)

#45 Svarn Lornon

• PipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 93 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 03:36 AM

Nope, all both ECM-Version of the Black Knight are from the Dark Ages era which starts 3132, so still 80 years away from the current timeframe of the game.

View PostKursedVixen, on 22 September 2015 - 02:22 AM, said:

Does any variant even carry ECM? I thought one of the black knights had ecm..

#46 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,246 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 22 September 2015 - 04:54 AM

View PostNik Kerensky, on 22 September 2015 - 01:31 AM, said:

I thought it has some sort of heat reduction quirks already (energy cooldown quirk). Not sure what some people are whining about?

Cool down lowers the recycle time so you can fire a little faster, has nothing to do with heat, other than your heat per second goes up.

Only one variant has the energy heat reduction quirk unfortunately.

#47 K19

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 355 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 22 September 2015 - 06:04 AM

is more good real.
Posted Image

Edited by K19, 22 September 2015 - 06:06 AM.

#48 K19

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 355 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 22 September 2015 - 06:10 AM

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Black_Knight

The gun like in the old drawings and mech icon not as you use the standard in arms who takes all the splendor of the game. Serio can not not do plz

Posted Image

#49 Mad Porthos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 479 posts
  • LocationChicago, Illinois

Posted 22 September 2015 - 06:47 AM

Wondering if this excerpt is just a grammar fail, or if it relates to the pictures of the Black Knight that had a single UAC5 on the right arm (left from viewers POV).

From the first post...
"As a 75-ton Heavy 'Mech comprised almost entirely of Energy hardpoints, the Black Knight holds sufficient power and protection to excel at almost any range."

As we can see from this thread, none of them have anything other than energy hard points, although I suppose you can argue some have AMS hardpoints, so that is what this refers to. Regardless, were any of you expecting at least one Black Knight to have a ballistic, perhaps non-canon hero (something not on Sarna)?

Edited by Mad Porthos, 22 September 2015 - 06:48 AM.

#50 Tahawus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 189 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 09:46 AM

Could also be a reference to AMS hard points.

#51 Xyroc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 855 posts
  • LocationFighting the Clan Invasion

Posted 22 September 2015 - 09:46 AM

Yea, I dont think this looks better than the current one...
Posted Image

#52 BansheeNTD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 549 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 09:47 AM

Sparky > Black Knight~

#53 Desintegrator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,225 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 September 2015 - 09:47 AM

Another heavy energy Mech with a lot of energy hardpoints !

Oh man - that sucks !

But this time only one version gets a "-10% energy heat generation" quirk. And thats a very good thing, that not every version is quirked regarding energy heat. Therefore you have to be careful firing those 7 lasers in a single ALPHA again and again and again...

Its bad for the IS to CLAN balance but its good for the game in general.

#54 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 10:33 AM

Downgraded from R2 to just a Mauler pre-order, support was very cool about it. The polite response from support to get my money back on the rest of the R2 package has been the best, most valuable and worthwhile aspect of both R1 and R2 packages.

#55 K19

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 355 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 22 September 2015 - 01:25 PM

Well well. A small test and a certain thing and has nothing interesting. only the laser head one of the models in action makes all the difference. The arms are good the design of weapons and that are not "standard" that should be special because of the mech. On another note the ppc back the old style. Take a look at copity if this running the pilot setting. More work please. Because there is so much difference between the graphs low levels, medium, high. ?? to combat interference. to the next. :D

#56 Bryson MacAefrik

• Pip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 17 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 01:37 PM

Why there no urbie for c-bills? :(

#57 ASHTAR0N

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 73 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 02:16 PM

Well the CT takes ALOT of damage, while the side torso dont really get hit often, even when I´m torso twisting like crazy. The Hitboxes need some adjusting and/or some armor quirks for the CT

#58 Sevronis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2021 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 216 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 22 September 2015 - 04:15 PM

So.. I get why the competitive players are complaining about the quirks (especially weapon quirks) but they're all going away soon when the new balance gets put in. Isn't the first run of it coming in Oct or something? Or did I misunderstand the time frame?

#59 aGeNTo

• Pip
  • The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 04:08 AM

I guess they just put some placeholder quirks in, which suck ofc compared to the others. But tbh, what should they do, give one a LL quirk, the other a PPC quirk, the 3rd a Medium Pulse and the last one LPL Range quirk to bring the flawed weapons in line with Tier 2 / Clanner gear.

I guess their focus is to rebalance every mech, which makes sense, most mechs with like more than 5 hardpoints for lasers are only used as Torso firing platforms. The stalker or the TDR 5SS being the exceptions.

I think they have to part ways with the weapon design from the old "Battletech" and create something new. The IS Medium Laser, PPC and LPL suck terribly (range or velocity) and some Mechs are clearly supposed to use them.
To the Tabletop nerds: How was balance managed in the tabletop besides some sort of battlevalue comparison?

I bought the whole R2 thingy, was disappointed by the Mauler, but now i like it. But the Black Knight is so far the biggest disappointment.

#60 Luscious Dan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,146 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 23 September 2015 - 10:28 AM

View PostaGeNTo, on 23 September 2015 - 04:08 AM, said:

I guess they just put some placeholder quirks in, which suck ofc compared to the others. But tbh, what should they do, give one a LL quirk, the other a PPC quirk, the 3rd a Medium Pulse and the last one LPL Range quirk to bring the flawed weapons in line with Tier 2 / Clanner gear.

I guess their focus is to rebalance every mech, which makes sense, most mechs with like more than 5 hardpoints for lasers are only used as Torso firing platforms. The stalker or the TDR 5SS being the exceptions.

I think they have to part ways with the weapon design from the old "Battletech" and create something new. The IS Medium Laser, PPC and LPL suck terribly (range or velocity) and some Mechs are clearly supposed to use them.
To the Tabletop nerds: How was balance managed in the tabletop besides some sort of battlevalue comparison?

I bought the whole R2 thingy, was disappointed by the Mauler, but now i like it. But the Black Knight is so far the biggest disappointment.

One of the big things is the random hit locations in tabletop. Clans spamming small/medium lasers would spread damage out (separate location roll for each shot), whereas a good pilot in MWO with a pile of small or medium lasers will group them effectively and cause most of the damage to a single component. Hence ghost heat, which slightly limits the energy boating potential of mechs, but not really.

Clan mechs were friggin' awesome ton for ton against almost anything in the 3050 Inner Sphere arsenal. Remember, tabletop had no quirks and access to ferro fibrous armor, endo steel chassis, double heat sinks and XL engines was pretty limited. Basically you had strength in numbers, melee attacks, and the pride of the Clanners getting in their way. Not much else was in your favor as an IS pilot.

ComStar won the Battle of Tukayyid because they stockpiled much of the best Star League era technology for generations, and because many of the Clans bid super low during the batchall. They dropped with insufficient forces, dropped separately so the Com Guards could fight battles then redeploy before the next wave began, and many of the Clan mechs were reliant on ammunition, so their supply lines could be cut off. Ghost Bear won a marginal victory, Jade Falcons got a draw, and by fighting smart instead of worrying excessively about pride the Wolves solidly won their objectives (at the cost of dividing the Clans even more, leading to future conflicts etc.). The other clans present got smoked pretty badly.

Edited by Luscious Dan, 23 September 2015 - 10:30 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users