5 replies to this topic

#1 The Puggernaut 216

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 10:35 PM

Two easy game modes.

1.) No Heat/Ammo matches. Make it so the match has no weight class restriction so they queue faster. It would be like Ultra Rapid Fire for MWO. Just load your mech of choice up with all the guns it can hold with no need for ammo or heatsinks. Might be fun.

2.) Bounty mode where your cbill reward for destroying components is tripled. Kills reward triple etc. for solo queue only. Could tally up total cbills earned and if you hit a certain tier you could receive a warhorn that makes a cash register sound and a flag with currency on it. Maybe a custom paint scheme for ONE mech of choice.

#2 Mecha Buster

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 37 posts
  • LocationDeep in your ***.

Posted 23 September 2015 - 12:08 AM

no.

#3 Night Thastus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 825 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 06:34 AM

The no heat/no ammo mode actually exists in older games, and it was TONS of fun!

I'd love to see it!

(Though we never will)

#4 TheSilken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts
  • LocationLost in The Warp

Posted 23 September 2015 - 08:00 AM

15 ER LL Dire anyone?

#5 Evil Ash

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 182 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 06 October 2015 - 06:19 AM

Queuing already takes forever for normal matches, adding a new gamemode that queues faster will just make it become over saturated, making the other game modes dead.

#6 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 06 October 2015 - 08:29 AM

View PostNight Thastus, on 23 September 2015 - 06:34 AM, said:

The no heat/no ammo mode actually exists in older games, and it was TONS of fun!

I'd love to see it!

(Though we never will)

Yes, it did. It was annoying and was the only game mode I could typically find on those games when I tired playing them online.

Then, it would be hilarity when one of those players would drop into a live ammo/heat match and would shoot once and explode. Oh, the rage about how he just died mysteriously.

Mind, those where also games that you could turn heat and ammo off in the main options, as they where mainly single player games.

For this game, MW:O, I'd have to say no. I didn't enjoy it back then. I don't think it would do this game any justice now. All it would lead to would be over powered builds, much like the 6 PPC Stalker, except they would be ERPPCs and possibly even have a swath of LRMs/SRMs as well because they don't need to invest in heat sinks nor ammo. Or as someone else pointed out, a 15 ERLL Direwolf. Now that would be some Alpha! (Single shot to your finger? You're dead.)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users