Rammstein In Amerika (New Rammstein Dvd!)

17 replies to this topic

#1 SouthernRex

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 374 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 04:12 PM

I'm so psyched, it comes out Friday. It's of the Madison Square Garden show, (in New York, NY), which sold out within 15 minutes of being announced. It was their first show in America in over a decade I believe, and the tour was from the Liebe Ist Fur Alle Da tour, just short of the Made In Germany set.

Edited by SouthernRex, 23 September 2015 - 04:12 PM.

#2 t Khrist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 656 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThe Mitten

Posted 24 September 2015 - 05:46 AM

View PostMarack Drock, on 24 September 2015 - 05:12 AM, said:

America is spelled with a C just to let you know.

I am excited about this though. Been a while since I have heard anything from Rammstein.

It's the name of the DVD bud. I'm sure he's well aware of the proper spelling, as well as Rammstein.

#3 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 24 September 2015 - 06:22 AM

View PostMarack Drock, on 24 September 2015 - 06:06 AM, said:

Didn't know that.

oh well, still excited.

It's german, and in german America is Amerika :P It's just that we both use the word "in" in the same context.

#4 GonaDie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,125 posts
  • LocationThe biggest party you have ever seen

Posted 24 September 2015 - 07:50 AM

Muricka!

#5 SouthernRex

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 374 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 09:40 AM

View PostGonaDie, on 24 September 2015 - 07:50 AM, said:

Muricka!

Is country bashing really necessary?

#6 SouthernRex

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 374 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 10:56 AM

View PostMarack Drock, on 24 September 2015 - 10:50 AM, said:

I should realize that by now *hit head* cause I am taking German in College now haha. Wow my mistake I apologize.

Hahaha, it's cool. I don't like spelling it with a "k" either, but that is the title of the movie because of how they spell it.

#7 GonaDie

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,125 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 08:04 AM

View PostSouthernRex, on 24 September 2015 - 09:40 AM, said:

Is country bashing really necessary?

What? What are you talking about? Jesus... can't even make a joke without offending someone.

#8 SouthernRex

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 374 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 09:21 AM

I've right-crossed my own brother for saying "'Merica" before. Granted we were drunk, but it's pretty disrespectful to mock your own country.

#9 RedDragon

• 1,942 posts
  • LocationKurpfalz, Germany

Posted 25 September 2015 - 02:31 PM

Still don't get all that hype about Rammstein. There are so many good German metal bands and yet it is Rammstein that gets all the international fame. Someone care to elaborate what makes them so special?

#10 SouthernRex

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 374 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 03:27 PM

I wouldn't really consider Rammstein to be metal, (well, I guess they call themselves Tanz Metal), but yes there are a lot of good German bands out there. Their theatrics and stage presence are a large factor in their longevity. Tills voice is pretty recognizable after all these years.

Also, I personally enjoy the ridiculous amount of word-play they use (in all of the different languages they make songs in), but I severely doubt that has anything to do with their popularity over the years. I grew up listening to KraftWerk, so Rammstein felt like a heavier shoe-in for me.

#11 t Khrist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 656 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThe Mitten

Posted 25 September 2015 - 07:50 PM

View PostSouthernRex, on 25 September 2015 - 09:21 AM, said:

I've right-crossed my own brother for saying "'Merica" before. Granted we were drunk, but it's pretty disrespectful to mock your own country.

Really? It seems pretty hard to accept your own country without taking a grain of salt with it, to mock is simply to cope with the shameful and ugly truths that accompany the fact that no system, country, or culture is perfect; that they all bare similar scars. I consider your physical act of violence disrespectful, and your taking to alcohol as an excuse for it more-so.

.. Ok not really, but.. a point or something..

Edit: And it's 'murica ;).

Edited by t Khrist, 25 September 2015 - 07:52 PM.

#12 SouthernRex

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 374 posts

Posted 26 September 2015 - 06:35 AM

View Postt Khrist, on 25 September 2015 - 07:50 PM, said:

Really? It seems pretty hard to accept your own country without taking a grain of salt with it, to mock is simply to cope with the shameful and ugly truths that accompany the fact that no system, country, or culture is perfect; that they all bare similar scars. I consider your physical act of violence disrespectful, and your taking to alcohol as an excuse for it more-so.

.. Ok not really, but.. a point or something..

Edit: And it's 'murica ;).

I'm an Irish American biker. Physical confrontations drunk or sober used to be a pretty common occurrence for me when I was younger. I take responsibility for my actions regardless of my BAC, but I certainly feel booze can serve as a lubricant for impulsive "problem solving."

It's one thing to criticize the rich un-feeling government. But if you don't like the country you live in, do something to change it or leave. No country is perfect, but to mock the land and flag that young men have died to protect is sickening. Literally 19 year olds jumping on grenades to protect their freedoms, while these punks play X-Box at home and play pretend army-guy calling people "noobs", and then hide behind their high-speed cell-phones and type LOL MY DAD USED A BEER CAN AS A TARGET AT THE GUNRANGE HASHTAG #MERICA. Why don't you go serve 4 years for your country you little snot-nosed pansy? (NOT YOU, the hypothetical person in this paragraph.) It's disrespectful as ****. Near most of my friends, it's pretty much grounds for an instant ass-kicking if you talk **** about the US or our troops.

Edited by SouthernRex, 26 September 2015 - 06:36 AM.

#13 GonaDie

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,125 posts

Posted 26 September 2015 - 07:59 AM

View PostSouthernRex, on 26 September 2015 - 06:35 AM, said:

I'm an Irish American biker. Physical confrontations drunk or sober used to be a pretty common occurrence for me when I was younger. I take responsibility for my actions regardless of my BAC, but I certainly feel booze can serve as a lubricant for impulsive "problem solving."

It's one thing to criticize the rich un-feeling government. But if you don't like the country you live in, do something to change it or leave. No country is perfect, but to mock the land and flag that young men have died to protect is sickening. Literally 19 year olds jumping on grenades to protect their freedoms, while these punks play X-Box at home and play pretend army-guy calling people "noobs", and then hide behind their high-speed cell-phones and type LOL MY DAD USED A BEER CAN AS A TARGET AT THE GUNRANGE HASHTAG #MERICA. Why don't you go serve 4 years for your country you little snot-nosed pansy? (NOT YOU, the hypothetical person in this paragraph.) It's disrespectful as ****. Near most of my friends, it's pretty much grounds for an instant ass-kicking if you talk **** about the US or our troops.

Jesus Christ! It was A JOKE! A ****** JOKE! I didn't mean to mock or insult you country! I am sorry if I offended you by saying ''murica''.I AM SORRY. Please, let's not discuss this anymore.

#14 SouthernRex

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 374 posts

Posted 26 September 2015 - 11:18 AM

View PostGonaDie, on 26 September 2015 - 07:59 AM, said:

Jesus Christ! It was A JOKE! A ****** JOKE! I didn't mean to mock or insult you country! I am sorry if I offended you by saying ''murica''.I AM SORRY. Please, let's not discuss this anymore.

Nah, it's all cool dude. Hatchet buried. I have no anger towards anyone on here. lol I was being hypothetical in my last few posts. I was just explaining my twitchy reaction about it, all good. God bless.

Edited by SouthernRex, 26 September 2015 - 11:21 AM.

#15 SouthernRex

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 374 posts

Posted 26 September 2015 - 11:21 AM

And on topic, (for off-topic), I cannot find this DVD/Blu-Ray ANYWHERE! I guess I'm going to have to order it online and wait.

#16 SnagaDance

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,860 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 26 September 2015 - 02:39 PM

View PostSouthernRex, on 25 September 2015 - 03:27 PM, said:

Tills voice is pretty recognizable after all these years.

Also, I personally enjoy the ridiculous amount of word-play they use (in all of the different languages they make songs in),

These two are it for me. Till's voice just carries their performances, and the lyrics are just really clever in most instances.

#17 Omi_

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • 336 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Posted 28 September 2015 - 07:22 PM

We are living in Amerika!

#18 ExoForce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 775 posts
  • LocationFields of the Nephilim

Posted 30 September 2015 - 11:19 AM

Laibach is a much older group (one of my favourites).

Spoiler

Edited by ExoForce, 30 September 2015 - 12:00 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users