4 replies to this topic

#1 Garamanus

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 63 posts
  • Location260+ Ping, Australia

Posted 24 September 2015 - 05:35 PM

I am using the Logitech G920 Driving Force pedals when playing MechWarrior Online.
I use the accelerator pedal as the throttle, so full depression is full speed forward. Full off is full speed backward and then I have to balance the pedal halfway to stay still.

That leaves the clutch and break pedal unused.
I wanted to bind the jump jet controls to one of these, but they are read as axis controls.
Does anyone know if code can be added and where so that any value that is not zero, is red as the jump jet button being pushed?

Thanks

Gar

#2 Jason Red Death

• PipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 40 posts

Posted 11 October 2015 - 09:19 AM

I do not know G920 but with my Driving Force GT the Logitech Profiler SW allows to do this

#3 Mighty Spike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,590 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHoly Beer City of Munich

Posted 11 October 2015 - 10:13 AM

View PostJason Red Death, on 11 October 2015 - 09:19 AM, said:

I do not know G920 but with my Driving Force GT the Logitech Profiler SW allows to do this

I buyed years ago for Gran Turismo 3/4 PS2 the Logitech Driving force pro GT. still playing from time to time Gran turismo :) . . Do you think i could make the pedals work for mwo somehow? iam a car mechanic so computer things are the same for me as to understand an alien language :D what do you think? Would like to use the pedals for throttle,brake or Jjets. Any tips??

this one:
http://www.golfmk6.c...00&d=1401086734

Edited by Mighty Spike, 11 October 2015 - 10:15 AM.

#4 Black Fish

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 255 posts

Posted 11 October 2015 - 10:31 AM

I guess you can use a script that when the pedal is pressed pass a certain threshold, it emulates space key press. Are you using the Logitech Gaming Software?

EDIT: Using the middle of the pedal to stop sounds uncomfortable, maybe use the break to reverse?

Edited by Black Fish, 11 October 2015 - 10:33 AM.

#5 Jason Red Death

• PipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 40 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 10:57 AM

@ Mighty Spike: you can use the Driving Force GT with MWO. First, you have to configure the pedals to combined mode (break and gas on one axis not on seperate axis). Second, since (at least at my computer) MWO refuses to accept wheel-devices, you have to convince MWO that your wheel is a joystick. This you can do by using vJoystick . Now use UJR to map your pedals to the virtual joystick. This is a bit tricky because you have to find out which Physical Stick ID and which Physical Axis to choose (in my case it was StickID 2 and Physical Axis 2). Just try and error. Start with StickID 1, Axis 1 and hit the pedal. If no reaction, choose next Axis and so on, until state changes.
Now nearly finished. Start MWO, go to settings/controller and map your pedals to analog throttle.
Now I wish you a lot of fun with throttle-control via pedals. I really love playing MWO with the pedals.

Edited by Jason Red Death, 12 October 2015 - 11:13 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users