Ebon Jaguar

Ebon Jaguar

13 replies to this topic

#1 InvictusLee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 1,693 posts
  • LocationStanding atop my MKII's missile pack, having a whisky and a cigar.

Posted 24 September 2015 - 08:48 PM

Evening.

Do any of you have any good Ebon Jaguar Builds?
What about builds that manager heat well?
I've been using 3 ER PPC's and an LRM15 on my prime.

Its the only mech I have so, I'm eager to master it. Does anyone also know if the Ebon Jaguar is going to get a Hero or Champion version?

#2 N a p e s

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 24 September 2015 - 08:53 PM

It will surely get a Hero version eventually, but we're still waiting for the first Clan Hero so you might have to be patient.

I don't own an EJ but the usual laser vomit (4ERML+2LPL) and gauss vomit (5/6 ERML+Gauss) builds are possible. More interestingly I've see some dual UAC10+lasers that look like they'd be fun.

https://www.mechspec...uar-builds.323/

You can look there for some inspiration. Mechspecs is great but its shutting down soon so use it while you still can.

Edited by PowerOfNapes, 24 September 2015 - 08:54 PM.

#3 bad arcade kitty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 08:57 PM

for meta build suggestions check http://metamechs.com...es/ebon-jaguar/

i personally bought them exclusively for heavy ballistic builds - 2 gauss 1 ml, 2 uac10 3 ml and 3 uac5 3 sl but didn't train them yet

Edited by bad arcade kitty, 24 September 2015 - 08:58 PM.

#4 Carl Vickers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 2,649 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 24 September 2015 - 08:57 PM

There are a number of builds for the Cauldron Born.

Ill give you some basics and let you figure it out on smurfy's.

I have one with 1 Gauss, 3 med pulse and srm6 with targeting comp 1, prime variant
I have another, A variant with 3 UAC5's, 2 tons of ammo per UAC and 2 er mids as backup
B variant, 2 large pulse and 4 er mids with TC1 and bucket loads of heat sinks
C variant has 2 UAC2, 3 tons of ammo per UAC, 1 UAC 5, 2 tons of ammo and 2 er meds as backups with a TC 1

You can also do 2 Gauss.

It is basically the clan version of the IS Jaeger gun boat but better cause it is Clans;p

#5 bad arcade kitty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 09:01 PM

note, it is not forced to be played as a ballistic boat
it's amazing with lasers etc, check my link, but timber can run those better than ebj while ebj can run ballistic better than timber

#6 Inveramsay

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 621 posts
  • LocationStar's End

Posted 24 September 2015 - 09:51 PM

For me the build that is the standout is the 6xERML and gauss with the 2xLPL and 4xERML build coming second (due to heat as you have no cool weapons). The ebon isn't tanky like the timber and trying to play an in your face style doesn't work well with it. Instead stand at 400m and deliver two 50+pt alphas before fading away. The 3xUAC5 build is fun but ultimately a bit short of ammo. It does LRM boating well but not really any better than maddog though

#7 ExplicitContent

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 335 posts
  • LocationSolaris Arena

Posted 25 September 2015 - 08:55 AM

The EBJ is a great mech, but it definitely can't tank dmg like a timby. I have had a lot of success running 2xLPL and 5xSPL. Those high mounted torso slots are great for poking. The EBJ is very diverse and while we could throw out about 20 different builds that are strong/successful, it ultimately comes down to you and your play style. I prefer to either run a torso mounted gauss with medium/small laser backups, or 2xLPL with ML or SPL. I would always give up 1 ton for the TC1. I find it to be worth it. Good Luck.

#8 Peter Overheater

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 119 posts
  • LocationGazorpazorp

Posted 26 September 2015 - 09:57 AM

my favored is 7spl+Lbx or Gauss.

#9 Tordin

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,936 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 26 September 2015 - 11:28 AM

Ebon Jaguar A with 3 x UAC 5 and a shitton of backup lasers may make wonders, havent played much with that kind of setup but might be viable as a light and medium hunter and assault guard dog.

#10 Inveramsay

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 621 posts
  • LocationStar's End

Posted 26 September 2015 - 11:49 AM

View PostTordin, on 26 September 2015 - 11:28 AM, said:

Ebon Jaguar A with 3 x UAC 5 and a shitton of backup lasers may make wonders, havent played much with that kind of setup but might be viable as a light and medium hunter and assault guard dog.

It works well, until you run out of ammo after about a minute

#11 Tordin

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,936 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 26 September 2015 - 12:12 PM

Just drop a couple of lasers, but then gotta rely on support to counter annoying lights if fewer lasers arent enough to scare them away.

#12 Dale Grible

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 190 posts

Posted 03 October 2015 - 10:11 AM

2 LL gauss in right arm A pod. 5 sml in left torso/arm. Weapon groupings 1-5sml, 2-LL gauss, 3- gauss, 4-single fire 5 sml. Laser sight gauss with 2LL and let gauss fly at range. In close, PP 25 alpha with 5 sml at 200m. It has serious reach.

3 uac5 and 5 sml and ammo. Rips face. Enjoy

#13 Lord Domino

• Pip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 10:58 AM

Best working build for me is 4 x ERML and 2 x LPL with a Mark 3 targeting computer. I used to run 6 x ERML and 2 x LPL with a Mark 1 computer, however that build was far too hot leading to far too many shut downs and missed opportunities for damage. I have found a put out more damage now with less MLs due to being able to fire for longer periods of time. I also only do alpha strikes on rare occasions when I'm trying to finish off a cored center torso enemy, most of the time I am alternating shots of the LPLs with either the 2 ERMLs on the right OR the left side to keep myself cool. That way when I have the guy cored I *should* have enough of a buffer to fire that alpha strike and finish him off.

Anyways, guess my point is more firepower in the form of more weapons equipped, does not necessarily translate to more damage output due to heat limitations, and this applies doubly to laser boat builds.

#14 Not A Real RAbbi

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationDeath to Aladeen Cafe

Posted 09 October 2015 - 05:45 PM

Metamechs has all the good builds. Three I like and use most often?

Gauss, 5x ERML
2x ALRM-15, 5x ERML
3x UAC/5, 3x ERSL

All manage pretty solid damage, reasonable heat, and carry max armor.

EBJ is SUCH a great heavy. If it had JJs, it might even rival the great TBR in spite of its lower weight. It's THAT good!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users