Match Score Calaculation?

11 replies to this topic

#1 zolop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 284 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 03:54 AM

I did a search and all I came up that was recent was...but that didn't offer much explanation

http://mwomercs.com/...h-oceanic-ping/
http://mwomercs.com/...atch-score-bug/

Could a dev please explain how the match score is calculated? Is it still more based on kills, more than other calculations. Is the scouting role still giving low match score bonuses? Is providing ECM coverage still giving little bonus? Is using LRMs as indirect fire support give no bonuses? Wish their were objectives with maps/missions tied to match scores too... talk about leaving role warfare out of this game.

Basically asking for a breakdown so I can farm the game just like everyone else, especially during the events. I honestly hope CW Phase 3 brings a lot more depth to MWO and hopefully in the future we can get some serious salvage and/or repair system in CW (CW geared more like BT hopefully in Phase 3).

Edited by zolop, 25 September 2015 - 03:57 AM.

#2 Katotonic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 169 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 04:57 AM

PGI has explicitly said that they will not disclose the actual equation on match score or PSR.

Generally (from my own observations) order of importance to match score:

1) Kills
2) Assists
3) Damage
4) All the other things like Flanking, scouting etc that you get a notice about after the match.

Now that is not to say that you can't get a 500-800 match score off just those things in #4. I have, it is just more difficult.

(Again my own observations)
1 kill = approx. 50 match score
1 assist - approx 30 match score
1 dmg = approx. .5 match score
All the other things= I have no idea but they probably equate to about an assist per one.

This means a 1 kill, 6 assist, 300 dmg game = approx. 380 match score
and a 3 kill, 6 assist, 600 dmg game = approx. 630 match score

Looking at the numbers in my examples, I am a bit off as a 1 kill, 6 assist game is probably more a 300 match score than 380 in my opinion but it is relatively correct. If anyone has better numbers or thoughts please let me know as I am far from the expert on this subject

#3 zolop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 284 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 05:00 AM

Thank you for your feedback katatonic, I didn't not realize that they are not going to disclose it. Makes the tournements frustrating for finding how to have fun but also play to win, EG tournement.

#4 Spike Brave

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 695 posts
  • LocationIn your base, killing your dudes

Posted 25 September 2015 - 06:53 AM

View Postzolop, on 25 September 2015 - 05:00 AM, said:

Thank you for your feedback katatonic, I didn't not realize that they are not going to disclose it. Makes the tournements frustrating for finding how to have fun but also play to win, EG tournement.

They have disclosed it. Go here: http://mwomercs.com/...tch-notes-13345 .
There are two systems in MWO. First is match score which determines your rewards for a match and can be used as a measure of how successful you were. The second is Pilot Skill rating. This is used for match making purposes only and is effected by all of your match scores. PSR is the one they aren't disclosing.

Edited by Spike Brave, 25 September 2015 - 06:53 AM.

#5 MrJeffers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts
  • LocationThe Rock

Posted 25 September 2015 - 01:01 PM

View PostSpike Brave, on 25 September 2015 - 06:53 AM, said:

They have disclosed it. Go here: http://mwomercs.com/...tch-notes-13345 .
There are two systems in MWO. First is match score which determines your rewards for a match and can be used as a measure of how successful you were. The second is Pilot Skill rating. This is used for match making purposes only and is effected by all of your match scores. PSR is the one they aren't disclosing.

That isn't match score which they are not going to disclose, that is C-Bills and XP, which while related to your performance are not match score. The most complete list of match score so far is here:
http://mwomercs.com/...ed-for-science/

Damage is the #1 influence on your match score, half of your damage is added to match score. The next highest is wins are 20 points, solo kills are 12 points.

#6 Veev

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 251 posts
  • LocationWhere ever I am

Posted 25 September 2015 - 01:09 PM

Basically the match scoring system is broken and another reason why the "balances" are garbage and role-warfare will never actually work in MWO. Rewards need to be balanced so the potential from the legs or pillars are equal.

#7 Spike Brave

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 695 posts
  • LocationIn your base, killing your dudes

Posted 25 September 2015 - 01:12 PM

View PostMrJeffers, on 25 September 2015 - 01:01 PM, said:

That isn't match score which they are not going to disclose, that is C-Bills and XP, which while related to your performance are not match score. The most complete list of match score so far is here:
http://mwomercs.com/...ed-for-science/

Damage is the #1 influence on your match score, half of your damage is added to match score. The next highest is wins are 20 points, solo kills are 12 points.

Thanks for pointing out I wasn't clear. I meant this more as a way of saying they disclosed what you need to do.

#8 Not A Real RAbbi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationDeath to Aladeen Cafe

Posted 25 September 2015 - 01:18 PM

They haven't disclosed what actually constitutes some of those things, like "brawling" and "scouting" and all that. Some of it is NOT obvious, and assuming is a greater evil than blasphemy.

#9 Torezu

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 329 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 03:37 PM

View PostVeev, on 25 September 2015 - 01:09 PM, said:

Basically the match scoring system is broken and another reason why the "balances" are garbage and role-warfare will never actually work in MWO. Rewards need to be balanced so the potential from the legs or pillars are equal.

Blah blah blah, that's all I hear. Has it occurred to you that it's a work in progress? Perfect balance will never happen, and match scores have a noticeable swing when you do things that benefit the team. Maybe you just...don't.

#10 Veev

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 251 posts
  • LocationWhere ever I am

Posted 27 September 2015 - 06:59 AM

View PostTorezu, on 25 September 2015 - 03:37 PM, said:

Blah blah blah, that's all I hear. Has it occurred to you that it's a work in progress? Perfect balance will never happen, and match scores have a noticeable swing when you do things that benefit the team. Maybe you just...don't.

Blah Blah Blah - Eternal work in progress, usually with works in progress you get closer to being balanced and get to the point where you can put the sledgehammers away and start working with jewler's tools.

#11 Anachronda

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 293 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 02:59 AM

View PostTheRAbbi, on 25 September 2015 - 01:18 PM, said:

They haven't disclosed what actually constitutes some of those things, like "brawling" and "scouting" and all that. Some of it is NOT obvious, and assuming is a greater evil than blasphemy.

Actually Brawling and Scouting, and the rest, have been disclosed in the aforementioned link here. They have been repeated all over the place a number of times. And whereas it is true that they have never ever disclosed the actual calculations for match score, they seem to have increased the number of things on that list that add to it. However, damage now contributes DMG/2 match score whereas it used to be DMG/10. The match score experiments in the previously mentioned link seem accurate in their calculations.

One thing I can tell you, though is slightly inaccurate on that list, and that is flanking. It's true it requires teh enemy mech not be engaged with you and not be targetting you. But you can hit them from the side as well as the back - I do that all the time. Most of my flanking damage seems to be at a distance from the side. I get flanking and hit and run a lot, especially in my lights.

Edited by Anachronda, 28 September 2015 - 03:00 AM.

#12 Shiny and Chrome

• Pip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 07:59 AM

Match score is broken. What it is doing to my brain is OP pgi please fix...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users