• Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 1,803 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationJarnFolk Cluster

Posted 25 September 2015 - 06:24 AM

Hail.

I hight Dane Jarl of the Isengrim.

I, along with the ISEN, have recently taken over the management of the the FRR Hub. New management can be scary, but be not afraid. Rather than chaos, my goal is order.

I am going to take steps in order to bring the residents of the Hub together in a more cohesive unity. I'd like to see us become a truly organized coalition.

Currently we have a loose delineation between 'Loyalist FRR Units' and 'FRR Merc Units'. I'd like to make that difference a little more clearly defined.

I intend to reform the Loyalist FRR Units into the 'KungsArme'. KungsArme CO's will have a lot more admin privileges than current officers in the hub. They will be able to create/edit channels and ban/kick troublesome guests. That way whenever something needs getting done in the Hub you can just look to your unit leaders (or if your unit isn't a member of the KungsArme then just a KungsArme unit CO).

When/if CW picks up again (Phase 3?!) and actual decisions effecting the FRR need to be made I would like the CO's of each KungsArme to be able to hold a moot and cast votes (SINGLE VOTE PER KUNGSARME UNIT) to determine the direction of the KungsArme and potentially the FRR.

The KungsArme will be the predominant FRR coalition.

In order to be a member of the KungsArme a unit must meet the following conditions:

1. In CW be a member of the FRR at least 50% of the time. In other words it's okay to take little space vacations, but your home berth should be the FRR.

2. Be able to field an 8 man drop. KungsArme units will need to demonstrate an ability to field an 8 man drop. No units with only two guys for example.

3. Be willing to adhere to KungsArme Moots. KungsArme votes and moots will only be on external FRR matters. Internally every KungsArme unit has total and complete autonomy. I really only have one example where this would be applicable - for CW Phase 3 in-game votes- ideally I'd like the KungsArme to decide what they'd like to do and then all member-units to cast their vote in that direction, thus giving them some authority over how the FRR operates in CW.

Hopefully that doesn't sound too steep, with that in mind though here are a few things I'd like to see the KungsArme accomplish:

1. Build towards better tactics, pilots and drops. I want the KungsArme to be an educational and training organization. I'd like to see the already respected 'pugs' of the FRR become even more respected and feared throughout the IS.

2. Better community. There are lots of things going on in the world of MWO and there is no reason that units in the hub cannot be a part of them. In particular is NBT; right now ISEN is representing FRR in the current alpha season - hopefully though we can get to a place where the KungsArme represents the FRR in NBT. There are also other internal and external tournaments that could be a great place for units within the KungsArme to participate in.

If you have suggestions or questions feel free to post them here and I will try to answer them. If you have concerns send me a PM and I'll see if I can address them. My intent is not to destroy the hub but to take it to the next level.

Edited by Mech The Dane, 25 September 2015 - 08:22 AM.

#2 Jarl Dane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 08:38 AM

KungsArme Unit Commanders:

As I said I intend to invest all CO's of KungsArme units with new administrative powers. They will be able to kick and ban members, set priority speaker, move members and give select members of their unit officer-status with its own limited powers.

With power comes responsibility. I will have a zero tolerance policy towards misuse or abuse of these powers. For anyone actually interested or versed in Old Norse and Germanic culture hospitality is a quality esteemed higher than most others. So, let us always strive to engender an environment of great hospitality. Furthermore let us be mindful and careful of offending our own kin.

To that purpose I'd like CO's to avoid banning players who are part of KungsArme units. Kick them form your channel if you must, and if they are getting extremely difficult kick them from the server.. but do not ban them. Find a representative of their unit and put the matter in their hands. Let each take care of their own men when possible.

I will also give CO's the power to Create and Edit channels. This will mean that all CO's can update the CW ATTACK ORDERS channel.

CO's will also be able to tag new members and guests with the appropriate unit tag.

If a CO cannot help himself and abuses his power regularly he will be stripped of his access and it will be given to his XO. If his XO also proves unworthy of that responsibility than his unit will lose their access to those abilities. I am not asking a lot, just that we can operate as mature adults and handle issues appropriately.

Ultimately escalating and complicated problems will be handled by Holmgang and the victor will determined in the right.

KungsArme Officers:

KungsArme Officers will operate in a similar fashion with similar powers to the previous FRR Hub officers. They will be able to create and edit temporary channels. They will be able to set up priority speaker and they will be able to move members to different channels. They can also kick guests.

KungsArme members:
Will be able to move guests.

BE AWARE IF ANYONE AT ANY LEVEL ABUSES THEIR POWERS IT WILL BE STRIPPED.

Edited by Mech The Dane, 25 September 2015 - 08:59 AM.

#3 Jarl Dane

• Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 09:04 AM

Specific Goals:

1.. Scrimmage/Training/Practice night.
I'd like to set a night for units to either scrimmage or practice with each other. For us to work on skills and explain tactics and to test each units mettle against the other.

2. FRR Tournaments/Leagues/Ladders
There will of course be a Yule Tournament this year. But think I'd also like to introduce a 1v1 ladder.

3. Standardized CW Drop Decks
I'd like to promote, encourage and endorse some standardized drop decks that all members can aspire to obtain in order to increase our competitive ability in CW.

4. External Tournaments/Leagues
As I mentioned before I'd like to see more of the KungsArme representing and fighting for the FRR in tournaments like NBT.

#4 Count Zer0

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 09:19 AM

would be nice to improve a bit round here. were really not been doing so well in cw =/

#5 Adverse Reaction

• Pip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 09:27 AM

Aye, even for casuals it would be nice to be able to drop into a competent group on the hub to put up a fight!

#6 nehebkau

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts
  • LocationIn a water-rights dispute with a Beaver

Posted 25 September 2015 - 12:16 PM

Finally! Someone who will shut Pickle up!

Pickle is love. There is only Pickle

#7 Wayreth

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 109 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 12:51 PM

If you are ok with a casual player count me in

#8 -Vompo-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 532 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 25 September 2015 - 01:00 PM

View PostWayreth, on 25 September 2015 - 12:51 PM, said:

If you are ok with a casual player count me in

FRR hub has always been a good place for casuals and I'm sure this won't change.

#9 Sjorpha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,475 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 26 September 2015 - 06:40 AM

Sounds good, a clearer distinction between loyalists and mercs along with some more organised cooperation will be great.

Just be aware the units might have a relation to how subchannels within their own segment of the hub is set up so try to not wipe/change that too much without checking with them.

(My computer is on service for a few weeks right now so I'm at forum warrior duty for the time being, but I'll be back and committed to the republic soon.)

#10 AntleredCormorant

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 69 posts

Posted 26 September 2015 - 04:43 PM

Popping in between drops to say the new hub layout is very cool & I like what I'm hearing in this thread.

#11 Jarl Dane

• Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 27 September 2015 - 06:26 AM

Thanks for your votes of confidence =D

The work has just began though! I have to spend this week on a business trip, but once I get back I'll go about building the KungsArmé properly. If you're a unit leader in the FRR, I will probably be seeking you out to speak with you.

#12 Cerlin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 922 posts
  • LocationCalifornia or Japan

Posted 02 October 2015 - 10:23 PM

Happy to see this started Isen. I will follow this for updates and hopefully we can offer you some support. We have been off the hub a while now.

#13 DaemonWulfe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 03 October 2015 - 02:08 PM

View PostCerlin, on 02 October 2015 - 10:23 PM, said:

Happy to see this started Isen. I will follow this for updates and hopefully we can offer you some support. We have been off the hub a while now.

Fix yer tag, Cerlin! Lol, I forgot how I fixed it, but mine did that once upon a time. <o Svinfylking!

#14 Pestolents

• Pip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 October 2015 - 07:28 PM

Mech the Dane,

As you may know I do not send many communications through Comstar. So feel the weight of my words now. If you make these Ideas / Statements into a published mission statement. I as the Executive Officer of the 1st Hussars Remnants will support you in this mission. The 1st Hussars will pledge our full roster of over two hundred Mech Pilots to the cause. If you put these framework's into practice, allowing the individual Loyalist units a Democratic say in how the FRR hub is run and maintained, we will have a much more powerful platform to push back against the clans invasion. However I also cant stress enough that we also do not attack any IS border unless provoked. In my opinion we have our hands full as it is with those Trash Born Clanners. Also there are long standing non-aggression treaties with our DCMS and Steiner neighbors that should be considered. If this can be done, we will be more then happy to help in every way we can. If you make it so that we may stand together, you shall be my brother.

The 1st Hussars are standing by.
X.O. Pestolents

#15 Weirdisdead

• PipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 31 posts

Posted 03 October 2015 - 07:34 PM

I fully syndicate this message from Pestolents.

as CO of 1st Hussar Remenants

#16 starwolf1991

• PipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 51 posts
  • LocationNo Data Available

Posted 03 October 2015 - 08:46 PM

As the Chief of Intelligence to the 1st Rasalhague Hussars Remnants, I support the message of my Executive Officer. I will support the mission as long as the conditions outlined in my Executive Officer's message and the faction's long standing policies on Democracy and Community are adhered by. Should these things be done to the letter, then thou shall receive my further support as Rasalhague's head diplomatic representative, as elected by the sons and daughters of Rasalhague to the faction and Allting Council since Community Warfare Phase I.

As always, I will be watching; for the people of the Free Rasalhague Republic.

Edited by starwolf1991, 04 October 2015 - 06:47 AM.

#17 Jarl Dane

• Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 03 October 2015 - 09:52 PM

You guys need to simmer down.
Half the reason the hub got to its current state are these kinds passive-aggressive efforts to control it. (Thankfully I own it now and all my efforts will be refreshingly aggressive-aggressive and utterly inclusive).

I have stated my goals and hopes. If the 1st Hussars are cool with it than great! If not, then well, good luck on your future endeavors.

No need for doublespeak or mincing words or anything else. I will work hard with all like-minded CO's of FRR units to build a KungsArme we can be proud of; A more unified coalition that treats all FRR loyalist units as equals and endeavors to better protect and project the Republic.

Anyways I get back from my business trip on Monday and will get the ball rolling.

#18 -Vompo-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 532 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 06 October 2015 - 12:58 PM

Are the units true equals or do some players hold higher ranks within Kungs arme? I don't know the structure and that's why I'm asking.

#19 Jarl Dane

• Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 01:22 PM

All CO's are equal. Although in the Royal KungsArme; might makes right.

Edited by Mech The Dane, 06 October 2015 - 01:41 PM.

#20 General UGLee

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 18 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 07:13 PM

Greetings Mech The Dane,
Sir as one of the Drop Commanders for the 1st Hussars, I would like to invite you or any from ISEN to drop with the 1st Hussars. You, Dane, can Drop command or come along and offer an after battle report. I offer this since I have never seen more then a single ISEN in any CW drop I have been in and they were formerly with the 1st.

Name the time and place and I will personally be there and I am sure I can bring at least an 8 man drop.

Salute!
Uglee

Edited by General UGLee, 07 October 2015 - 12:23 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users