Psr Tier Titles

10 replies to this topic

Poll: Display Tier as Title (32 member(s) have cast votes)

Should we have Tiers as a Title?

1. Yes? (10 votes [31.25%])

Percentage of vote: 31.25%

2. No? (22 votes [68.75%])

Percentage of vote: 68.75%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Palor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 372 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationManitowoc WI

Posted 25 September 2015 - 08:44 AM

Display tiers optionally as a title, similar to how the Display Faction Rank title works.

#2 Seelenlos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 550 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 02:36 PM

Voted for NO:
Titles of COMMAND must be somehow earned.

I would be very intrested to know if anyone can find a way to make that happen digitally !!!

#3 VinJade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 26 September 2015 - 06:26 AM

To me that wouldn't work other than to put off some players.
I have already had my fill of players whom think they are so much better than ever single player on the field and because of that I tend to ignore them.

I have little to no respect for those whom like to flaunt their 'superiority' over others and this would just reinforce that and I can see animosity slowly start to grow.

now I am not saying all are like that as I have had good dealings with many older players whom are not so full of themselves.

#4 Hoffenstein

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 368 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North

Posted 26 September 2015 - 02:30 PM

It would be nice in CW and in group play. The public queue it would be useless, as pretty much everyone you see has the same tier as you.

#5 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,643 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 26 September 2015 - 03:17 PM

iie, since people can go up and down in tiers.

#6 That Token Canadian Guy

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 83 posts
  • LocationSomewhere Ville

Posted 07 October 2015 - 01:37 PM

Personally , I want to know what a pilots Tier is before we start the game! It would make it easier to know if you can count on your team or not. More times then anything i get really unexperienced players on my team . I am a Tier 2. So im not the best. BUT.... i do want a quality game!!!!! Getting players that can not support you is no fun at all. It is not that they WILL NOT support, cause they do try! Its the fact they lack skill and or time played! Having the Tier as a title would work great in solving some of that issue. Depending on the skill level of others will depend on your game play!

#7 That Token Canadian Guy

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 83 posts
  • LocationSomewhere Ville

Posted 07 October 2015 - 01:41 PM

View PostHoffenstein, on 26 September 2015 - 02:30 PM, said:

It would be nice in CW and in group play. The public queue it would be useless, as pretty much everyone you see has the same tier as you.

That is SOOO UNTRUE, from my experience.... i get lower tier players on my team, rarely do i see my tier level in solo que!!!
Seems tier 2 gets the bad end of the stick. We get all the tiers in our games.Mostly lower tiers , and the games are rough ......so many guys hiding , afraid to fight!

#8 Hoffenstein

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 368 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North

Posted 07 October 2015 - 06:13 PM

From what I've seen, it's the higher tiers that stick to the cover game. We underhiver's go full-bore straight into the enemy all willy-nilly like. Next time you're in a match politely pole the other players to see what their tiers are. You may be pleasantly surprised :)

#9 50 50

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,145 posts
  • LocationTo Nova or not to Nova. That is the question.

Posted 12 October 2015 - 02:11 PM

It's getting a little cluttered in the view screen when you bring up the player details in game.
As it is a tool for match making, I think it has more value in the group screen and looking for group screen.

#10 Rattazustra

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 216 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 07:26 PM

If it is desired, tier could be shown as colour. The tiers already have one assigned to them (5=blue, 4=green, 3=bronze, 2 silver, 1=gold) so it would be easy to implement. But pointless. The people you kill a lot are one below you, those you see most often are at your level and those who cut through you are one above. Except when you are at tier 1 it is a bit different, as it goes down two and up none.

#11 Dr Stompenheimer

• Pip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 11 posts
  • LocationTucson, AZ

Posted 18 October 2015 - 11:05 AM

View PostPalor, on 25 September 2015 - 08:44 AM, said:

Display tiers optionally as a title, similar to how the Display Faction Rank title works.

Exactly! This is the way it should be done. I also think instead of the boring "Tier 1, Tier 2, etc" each tier should have an interesting name "Seasoned Veteran" or something. Obviously, it has to be something decent for all tiers to encourage its use. Can't have Tier 5's title be "S*** Squadron"

Edited by Dr Stompenheimer, 18 October 2015 - 11:05 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users