• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 28 September 2015 - 03:54 PM

Guild Wars 2 just activated a F2P version to complement their core B2P model. Really, the only major restrictions put into place are anti-spam/anti-bot/anti-harassment limitations to whispering, map chat, mailing, and the trading post in order to protect the existing player base. Beyond that, they limited how many characters and bag slots you can have concurrently, slightly.

Considering it is literally the friendliest rated MMO on the market right now, and designed specifically for people to just "do whatever," it might be a nice change of pace. Seriously, just exploring is a way to legitimately level up in this game. I use it myself, alongside Diablo 3, to shake things up. About as far from the high stress nature of MWO, anyways. Has a pretty awesome combat system, too, which is the primary reason why I both cannot quit it or play any other MMO. It ruined me. :\

Anyways, having a F2P option means it doesn't hurt to try it.

Alternatively, you can creep yourself out by playing SOMA. Fantastic story in this one. Absolutely fantastic. Think of SOMA like shock therapy. :P

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 28 September 2015 - 04:03 PM.

#42 patataman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Sho-sa
  • Sho-sa
  • 464 posts
  • LocationA Vindicator cockpit near you

Posted 28 September 2015 - 03:55 PM

Kerbal Space Program... it's quite relaxing, building spaceships and planes and then using them to complete objectives in the solar system, the learning curve is quite long and you will make lots of mistakes (and explosions, lots of explosions :D ) but there is fun along the way. And a ton of tutorials in youtube if you are interested.

#43 Saint Scarlett Johan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 3,349 posts
  • LocationOn the Delta side of Vicksburg

Posted 28 September 2015 - 03:58 PM

I've been spending a lot of time on the range on my weekends.

When I can't do that and I'm in no mood to deal with the derptards in MWO I play Skyrim or read a book.

#44 fat4eyes

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • 491 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 05:41 PM

Valkyria Chronicles. The best execution of a turn-based squad game I have seen (yes, that includes Silent Storm, both XCOM versions and Jagged Alliance). Don't let the saccharine anime-ness turn you off, the tactical combat is brilliant. The only turn based squad tactical game where you can put 10 squad members in cover behind your tank while you use it to break through an enemy strongpoint. It's all canned missions though, so once it's over, it's over. Still good even so. Good art style too (if you like anime).

Or you can play Warthunder for a bit. It's become my go-to game if I want to shoot things while in a plane. They have tanks too, but its gameplay is more the hidey-snipey-one-shot-kill variety. Don't play it for the grind though, because its grind is terrible.

Seconding the guy who suggested The Ur-Quan Masters. It's like Mass Effect if it were made back in the 90's, was ship-vs-ship combat instead of an FPS, and had a lot more personality. Seriously, there hasn't been any video game that could come close to the personality of the alien races in Star Control 2. Just a sample:

A race of clams whose society and technological progress is entirely based on cowardice;

Death-worshipping religious zealot spiders;

Sentient biological blob pranksters whose idea of a practical joke is tricking the previously mentioned race of coward clams into becoming fighting slaves (they're not evil btw, just out for a laugh);

Ultra-violent space rhinos that have bombed themselves into the stone age at least 16 times and believe that is the only way to 'progress';

Kamikaze samurai rat-people;

Sentient plants and their depressed mask-wearing friends.

And those are just from the races not directly involved in the main plot. Try it out.

#45 Mister Blastman

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 28 September 2015 - 05:42 PM

Here's some System Shock I recorded over the weekend. My version is the original off the CD but I've modded it with most everything you'll find on the GoG enhanced version including mouselook. Enjoy the music on original hardware as the composers intended it to be heard. The level music @ 2:50:00 or so after the elevator is my favorite in the game (a snippet of it). The game has dynamic music that changes in composition on the fly using midi hardware.

Great game. Graphics aren't great. But I promise you'll have to think to solve this immersive treat.

Edited by Mister Blastman, 28 September 2015 - 05:43 PM.

#46 DivineEvil

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 903 posts
  • LocationRussian Federation, Moscow

Posted 28 September 2015 - 06:40 PM

Mad Max probably fits your issues. It's good to go for KSP or Minecraft stuff when you just got bored, but when you have built-up frustration that what really helps ;)

Edited by DivineEvil, 28 September 2015 - 06:41 PM.

#47 RoboPatton

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 794 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 06:53 PM

I just beat MGS5, loved the game, big fan of HK, but I can't call it "relaxing".

#48 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,772 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 06:55 PM

kerbal space program

#49 OznerpaG

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 977 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 28 September 2015 - 07:20 PM

Rule the Waves

turn based, build your county's navy starting in 1900 to 1925 (USA, Germany, UK, Japan, Italy, etc), design your own ships without it being complicated, play the simplified but realistic fleet vs fleet tactical battles when your country is at war

http://www.rockpaper...rule-the-waves/

Edited by JagdFlanker, 28 September 2015 - 07:22 PM.

#50 Cat-in-Exile

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 108 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 07:33 PM

Sorry for the accidental TK the other day :( This is all my fault, isn't it? ISN'T IT?

#51 Mechwarrior Buddah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 28 September 2015 - 07:38 PM

View PostTool Box, on 28 September 2015 - 07:58 AM, said:

I'm becoming so salty. What's happening to me I used to be so nice to people, now every time I die I start ranting in all/team chat. Is it time for a break ... probably. Any suggestions on other games to cool off on?

Elite Dangerous

#52 Mister Blastman

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 28 September 2015 - 07:59 PM

And just because I like this thread and I believe you should have an outlet for stress, Demon Attack is another great oldie to relieve some. It is also damn hard.

Edited by Mister Blastman, 28 September 2015 - 08:44 PM.

#53 Kira Onime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 2,486 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationMontréal, Québec.

Posted 28 September 2015 - 08:11 PM

leisure suit larry

#54 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 28 September 2015 - 08:19 PM

It's not an actual "game," but I would recommend Solaris Skunk Werks.

http://www.solarisskunkwerks.com/

It basically lets you build mechs using the BT TT construction rules. Making custom designs is a nice way to kill time or get the mental juices flowin'...

#55 GrimRiver

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,306 posts
  • LocationIf not here and not there, then where?

Posted 28 September 2015 - 08:23 PM

I've been having a huge string of bad luck with this game for a week now with me trying my best to make the dragon-1n work but it's sooooooooooo bad, with no CT and right arm or any kind of armor buffs that mech can't even take a hit to the legs without it being a CT hit and it's right arm where most of it's weapons ARE gets blown off in one hit from anything even if my left side is taking the beating.

Also on top of all this my GFX card keeps crashing out of nowhere for no reason lately, my temps are fine.

Im just gonna play Fallout and skyrim or something until my bad luck ends.

Edited by GrimRiver, 28 September 2015 - 08:24 PM.

#56 Shaio

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 101 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 28 September 2015 - 08:24 PM

I have taken a liking to Blood Bowl II

Posted Image

A little SkyCrack goes a long way

Posted Image

and when November comes....

FALLOUT 4

Posted Image

#57 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 28 September 2015 - 08:40 PM

I suggest Total War: Atilla, where you raze and sack into desolation any and all cities you encounter. <maniacal :lol: :lol: :lol:>

#58 Team Chevy86

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 1,074 posts
  • LocationDue North

Posted 28 September 2015 - 08:54 PM

7 Days to Die. I'd describe it as the 'adult' version of Minecraft. Open world, crafting, zombie survival game. Starting out is hard, but once you get used to it, it's loads of fun, especially with friends
It is probably the best alpha game I've spent money on on Steam. I've logged more than 200 hours

#59 Elizander

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 28 September 2015 - 09:01 PM

I think you are just impatient about something or being agitated about something. It could be tiers, it could be you are saving up for something or it could also be you are trying to seek some sort of achievement or progress that you are not getting. The players haven't really changed so it must be something that is causing you to be upset with how things normally are.

I think it's just playing too much. It builds up a sense of entitlement sometimes since you invest a lot of time into the game. Best thing to do is take a step back and enjoy other non-game things for awhile because whatever it is you are looking for in this game is probably something that you will look for in the next.

Go watch Pewdiepie, Markiplier or something else on Youtube. Watch some Let's Plays or go read silly articles on Kotaku. Talk with friends, try out games they play and play with them. If you're antsy when you are playing a brand new game with friends it is probably time to take a break from competitive games in general until you find out what it is that is bothering you.

Could also be something in real life that is nagging at you and you're trying to find your fix in the game to make up for it but the game isn't stepping up to make you feel good about it.

#60 Trainee

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 171 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 11:20 PM

I play a little of everything. Too much of one thing burns me out. Especially after so many years of raiding in MMO's. I play Tera, Drakensang, LoL, EQII, Rift, Planetside 2, WoT, and WoWarships currently. I also have my tablet with CoC if drops times are long.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users