Paypal Credit Status Update

19 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,777 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 10:54 AM

Greetings MechWarriors,
As you may already know, PayPal Credit is not yet available for MechWarrior Online purchases under the new Xsolla portal. When attempting to process a transaction with PayPal Credit the majority of players receive a message that they need to return to PayPal to select a different funding source.
We are in the process of working with Xsolla and PayPal to resolve this, as there appears to be a technical issue preventing integration of PayPal Credit.
PayPal is currently requesting that PayPal Credit users provide us with the source code of the transaction failure/funding source error page.
If you have recently submitted a ticket to billing@mwomercs.com regarding issues with PayPal Credit, we may follow up with you with the steps required to get the information that PayPal has requested.
If you are a PayPal Credit user, but have not recently submitted a ticket about these issues, and if you're up for running through some minor technical steps to help us get the information required for PayPal, please send off a ticket to billing@mwomercs.com with the subject heading 'PayPal Credit issue'.

#2 Lysander Davion

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 59 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 11:26 AM

Is purchasing in the giftstore like mechs and mech packs also affected?

Edited by Lysander Davion, 28 September 2015 - 11:26 AM.

#3 Alexander Garden

Producer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 11:40 AM

View PostLysander Davion, on 28 September 2015 - 11:26 AM, said:

Is purchasing in the giftstore like mechs and mech packs also affected?

The lack of support for PayPal Credit applies system-wide, so PayPal Credit won't work for any item purchased from the website.

Other PayPal payment options, such as using a linked credit/debit card, an existing PayPal balance, or a linked bank account, should work just fine.

#4 H A M M

• Pip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 11:52 AM

Just purchased with PayPal linked to account, worked just fine.

#5 Alexander Garden

Producer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 11:53 AM

View PostHAMM2SEVEN, on 28 September 2015 - 11:52 AM, said:

Just purchased with PayPal linked to account, worked just fine.

Using PayPal Credit?

#6 Vyers

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 12:06 PM

I spent an extensive amount of time on the phone with paypal and paypal credit about this issue, to little avail.
The short version is that Paypal credit rejects the transfer, saying that another payment method is required.

The only thing that we could figure out is that Paypal Credit cannot be used outside the united states, and while Xsolla is based in California, PGI is Canadian. No idea if that actually matters one way or the other, but it's a possibility?

None of the reps I spoke with had the ability to look at a more specific error code.

#7 Arkhangel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,184 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 28 September 2015 - 12:21 PM

could be, actually tried using paypal on a french site and it gets errors too. could be paypal's end.

#8 H A M M

• Pip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 12:34 PM

View PostAlexander Garden, on 28 September 2015 - 11:53 AM, said:

No, PayPal linked direct to checking account. Was not redirected, and exsolla showed complete but have noticed i have not received normal conformation emails.

Edited by HAMM2SEVEN, 28 September 2015 - 12:45 PM.

#9 Armored Saint 13

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 07:14 PM

Pay Pal Credit does not work.... that being said you can take the long rout and buy Karma Coins with Pay Pal Credit and use the Karma Coin cards to make purchases. I'm sure the PPC issue will get fixed soon enough but that's the current work around.

#10 Arkhangel

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,184 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 28 September 2015 - 08:18 PM

View PostArmored Saint 13, on 28 September 2015 - 07:14 PM, said:

Pay Pal Credit does not work.... that being said you can take the long rout and buy Karma Coins with Pay Pal Credit and use the Karma Coin cards to make purchases. I'm sure the PPC issue will get fixed soon enough but that's the current work around.

you had to go for the shared acronym, didn't ya ;)

#11 scgt1

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 291 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationArlington, TX

Posted 28 September 2015 - 09:16 PM

This problem isn't just with Paypal Credit (Formerly Bill Me Later) It's also with Paypal's other credit source Paypal Smart Connect.
I just get the message it's processing my payment and that's it never any error message.

#12 M T

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 351 posts
  • LocationGouda, South Holland

Posted 29 September 2015 - 08:23 AM

Finally this is being looked into. Its a pain for me atm to do any transaction and you guys are losing out on money!

I'll probably do more purchases once this gets resolved.

#13 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 29 September 2015 - 05:05 PM

people shouldnt be using paypal credit anyway. Dont put computer game stuff on credit please.

#14 Jody Von Jedi

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,551 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 30 September 2015 - 07:15 AM

View PostMonkey Lover, on 29 September 2015 - 05:05 PM, said:

people shouldnt be using paypal credit anyway. Dont put computer game stuff on credit please.

I use it regularly, for convenience sake. It saves me exposure using a credit card or ATM card for on line purchases.

Just use a little self control and pay it off every month. :D

#15 The Unstoppable Puggernaut

• The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 1,022 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 30 September 2015 - 02:46 PM

Question, I have $4 left on my gift card. Can I not use this to buy ad-hoc MC's please :)

#16 Seelenlos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 550 posts

Posted 11 October 2015 - 03:21 AM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 28 September 2015 - 10:54 AM, said:

Greetings MechWarriors,

As you may already know, PayPal Credit is not yet available for MechWarrior Online purchases under the new Xsolla portal. When attempting to process a transaction with PayPal Credit the majority of players receive a message that they need to return to PayPal to select a different funding source.
We are in the process of working with Xsolla and PayPal to resolve this, as there appears to be a technical issue preventing integration of PayPal Credit.

PayPal is currently requesting that PayPal Credit users provide us with the source code of the transaction failure/funding source error page.

If you have recently submitted a ticket to billing@mwomercs.com regarding issues with PayPal Credit, we may follow up with you with the steps required to get the information that PayPal has requested.

If you are a PayPal Credit user, but have not recently submitted a ticket about these issues, and if you're up for running through some minor technical steps to help us get the information required for PayPal, please send off a ticket to billing@mwomercs.com with the subject heading 'PayPal Credit issue'.

Paypal seems to have issues with many things in the last month regarding their IPv6 unability.

Helping them would be like helping a blind to read a standard book. They have this problem since 2011.

No GO PAYSAFECARD.

Woould help more!

So no help from me to PayPal anymore.

#17 scgt1

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 291 posts
  • LocationArlington, TX

Posted 10 November 2015 - 02:18 PM

Any update to this mess?

#18 scgt1

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 291 posts
  • LocationArlington, TX

Posted 08 February 2016 - 09:17 AM

It's been months! Has this been resolved yet?

#19 Jody Von Jedi

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,551 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 09 February 2016 - 06:48 AM

View Postscgt1, on 08 February 2016 - 09:17 AM, said:

It's been months! Has this been resolved yet?

I tried when the Archer came out. It didn't work then. That was a few weeks ago.

#20 Staren Wiremu

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 7 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationUSA

Posted 29 March 2016 - 07:39 PM

Still not working for the Phoenix Hawk!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users