Question?

6 replies to this topic

#1 Soulstrom

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 844 posts

Posted 29 September 2015 - 07:05 AM

So I have been told to avoid reddit at all costs. Anyone care to share why? Also it seems like a very angry place on the internet.

Edited by Soulstrom, 29 September 2015 - 07:32 PM.

#2 Soulstrom

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 844 posts

Posted 29 September 2015 - 07:14 AM

Ah....well that explains a lot. But why? Also how do people become moderators? Because I have noticed that some people have a lot of power on that sub-reddit and abuse it quite often.

#3 Heffay

Rum Runner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 29 September 2015 - 07:58 AM

View PostSoulstrom, on 29 September 2015 - 07:14 AM, said:

Ah....well that explains a lot. But why? Also how do people become moderators? Because I have noticed that some people have a lot of power on that sub-reddit and abuse it quite often.

Anyone who starts a new subreddit gets to be the moderators for that sub. They get to set the policy and make decisions about content for that sub.

For /r/mwo, it was originally created by members of the Something Awful forums. Over the years the ones who created that sub got very bitter about the game, and decided to make it basically a shithole as a form of protest. The content creators and fans decided to start a new sub (/r/OutreachHPG) and left /r/mwo to fester. Which is what they want. They want new players who search reddit to see the shithole and hopefully walk away from the game.

There really isn't anything that can be done about it. It's a low effort, high return form of trolling and the sub is exactly the way they want it.

#4 KHETTI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,328 posts
  • LocationIn transit to 1 of 4 possible planets

Posted 29 September 2015 - 08:34 AM

I was always under the impression that Reddit was a meeting place for the absolutely worst human beings this planet has to offer, most notably pedos .

#5 Soulstrom

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 844 posts

Posted 29 September 2015 - 09:35 AM

View PostMarack Drock, on 29 September 2015 - 07:45 AM, said:

I have no idea. Reddit is a place that has always been where trolls, and people with anger management issues always hang out. Its only equal is Tumblr... we don't speak of Tumblr.
There are a lot of mods on reddit for each subforum I think, and they have a lot of volunteer moderators that regularly abuse power.

There is a MWO tumblr?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users