Netbattletech Needs Clan Faction Players!

14 replies to this topic

#1 Deadfire

Snow Summoner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 416 posts

Posted 29 September 2015 - 10:04 PM

Posted Image

Greetings Clan Faction Players!

Recently NetBattleTech has been busy play-testing an Alpha of our NBT-MWO campaign. With over 150 battles started, with over 25 units and over 200 games played, we felt that a true test is needed, a test only Clan players can provide. We started with only with 4 clan factions, however the Admins at this time have felt the need to activate all 13 other clan factions to further test our Alpha. We then wish you Clan units and players to be part of our Campaign. You can find the unit application request page here: http://mwo.netbattletech.com under the unit application tab.

What Clans are needed?

Clan Blood Spirit
Clan Burrock
Clan Cloud Cobra
Clan Coyote
Clan Fire Mandrill
Clan Goliath Scorpion
Clan Hell's Horses
Clan Ice Hellion
Clan Nova Cat
Clan Snow Raven
Clan Steel Viper

What is NBT?

Since 1997, NetBattleTech has provided gaming enthusiasts with an exemplary gaming environment, a dedicated Admin staff and solid competition for all who join our community. Through the course of six successful NBT leagues we have worked with units and pilots alike in the continued evolution of NBT.

How does it work?

NBT Leagues are real-time planetary / resource campaigns that make use of any Mechwarrior game engine, based upon certain timelines of the BattleTech universe. What does this mean for commanders and units who participate? Your unit takes the role of one of the many factions in an interstellar battle for supremacy, star systems and resources. Your goal? To prove yourself as the top unit in the league, be it by conquering systems, raking in cold hard cash, or stealing the resources of other units.

The role you play depends on your unit’s desires: one of the almighty Houses, controlling hundreds of systems and striving to win your place as First Lord of the Star League; a Periphery nation, smaller by far, but motivated to prove one's worth, pitting the Houses against one another to gain the upper hand; perhaps master the Inner Sphere as one of Kerensky's Clans, using superior technology and ideals; fight as a fearless Mercenary Corporation, out only for the almighty c-bill, selling their services to the highest bidder, working to outshine the competition for a bigger payday.; the lowest of the low, the Pirates -- feeding off of the misery of others, picking at the edges of civilization to ensure their own survival in a dog eat dog universe. These are the players. These are the champions, from nobles down to the scoundrels. This is the universe we create and evolve by our actions, be they role-play or combat operations battling your way across the universe.
How does it evolve?

While the league provides the backdrop for the community, what draws people together is the game you play in it. Each of the different games has been worked into the leagues to provide a variety of play in an ever changing environment. Your unit will fight in a variety of conditions, maps and play styles, depending on the battles launched against and by your enemies; for example, a quick recon battle to steal enemy information while the defenders try to drive you off as quickly as possible. At the other end of the scale is the grand planetary assault, with the planetary defenders making their stand against enemy forces while the attackers struggle for victory on a key planet. Leading a raid deep behind enemy lines to secure factory resources, holding the military assets to ensure your economic survival. These are the battles that are fought. These are the stakes.

Why is it an Alpha?

With so many years of great gameplay using our system, it has began to show it's age. The years have left our dedicated staff smaller, making any new campaigns (such as the one planned for Mechwarrior Online) an almost impossible task.

Rather than throw in the towel, NBT knows that what made it strong all these years is the dedicated units and players that made up our membership -- units who strive for excellence, for enjoyment of the game, for community. Just as they have supported us, NBT supports them in whatever Mechwarrior game they continue to play.

With this in mind, the NBT team has decided to update everything about NetBattleTech, in order to facilitate a top-notch experience for this iteration of NBT, as well as provide a platform on which future expansion and evolution can more efficiently be achieved. This will not be a easy nor a speedy task. It will also require new experienced staff members who are knowledgeable in modern web technologies and a love for the Battletech universe and the community that plays in it.

After this evolution, we see NBT hosting it's newest campaign using Mechwarrior Online. NBT-MWO will have more updates and news posted in time however, as the focus of the staff is to make sure we can offer the community what is needed and nothing less.

Edited by Deadfire, 29 September 2015 - 10:19 PM.

#2 Harper Steel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 200 posts
  • Locationwashington state

Posted 29 September 2015 - 11:27 PM

This is a really fun Community Warfare League

#3 GlizzyGobbler98

LeBoeuf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 30 September 2015 - 09:45 AM

Good league. The drama is pretty good.

#4 Commander A9

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 30 September 2015 - 10:55 AM

Does this mean NBT has fully migrated from Mechwarrior 4: Mercenaries?

Looks like we're stuck on GameRanger then. But that's okay. :P

#5 Red Legs Greaves

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
  • 348 posts
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 30 September 2015 - 11:25 AM

Clan Burrock is active but we're a little on the small side. We would be willing to try the league but I'd like to speak to someone about the details.

#6 hideyourkids

• PipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 31 posts

Posted 30 September 2015 - 11:27 AM

@ red legs - you could always combine with another small unit to take one of the clan factions :)

#7 Red Legs Greaves

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
  • 348 posts
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 30 September 2015 - 11:32 AM

View Posthideyourkids, on 30 September 2015 - 11:27 AM, said:

@ red legs - you could always combine with another small unit to take one of the clan factions :)

I would like to do that and would have no problem doing that but right now there's not that many of the smaller clans left to do that with. Unfortunately the majority of the non big four clans have broke up or left for greener pastures. Mercs are to flippant in switching factions for me.

#8 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 30 September 2015 - 11:58 AM

I can see if I can tell my Scorpion friends about this.

#9 Revis Volek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 30 September 2015 - 11:15 PM

View PostTheB33f, on 30 September 2015 - 09:45 AM, said:

Good league. The drama is pretty good.

Its already started and we haven't even gotten our Unit into it yet.... :P

View PostRed Legs Greaves, on 30 September 2015 - 11:25 AM, said:

Clan Burrock is active but we're a little on the small side. We would be willing to try the league but I'd like to speak to someone about the details.

You will get absorbed by us (Star Adder) soon enough...just join us now!

lol j/k

But this looks likes tons of fun...SA is there!

Edited by DarthRevis, 30 September 2015 - 11:21 PM.

#10 Draconis Nagasawa

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 147 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 01 October 2015 - 01:21 AM

Curious, why are some of the clans not represented? Alpha Phase?

#11 QueenBlade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2017 Bronze Champ
  • WC 2017 Bronze Champ
  • 710 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 08:22 AM

Probably due to them being already filled by other units:

Clan Ghost Bear - 228
Clan Jade Falcon - JFP and RJF
Clan Smoke Jaguar - SJR
Clan Wolf - CWI

#12 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 04 October 2015 - 10:13 PM

NetBattleTech has got to be better than what PGI is currently offering. Count me in!

#13 _Comrade_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 01:46 AM

awww clan coyote is not filled yet, i love clan coyote

#14 Lucky Moniker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 452 posts
  • LocationSeaside, CA

Posted 06 October 2015 - 07:35 PM

I am interested to play the this league but I am not currently a part of a unit. I tried looking through the listing on the web page but it is a little unorganized. So if any Clan unit is planning on running this seriously, send me a PM, very experienced pilot, light/med focused.

#15 Yasuoka

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 45 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 12:22 AM

Breathes heavily.....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users