Anniversary Mechs, Loadouts And More

5 replies to this topic

#1 Wildstreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 06:12 PM

With the upcoming Rewards Mechs, I have to consider changing direction. I have Zeus and Executioner so I have some experience with both and can Master both Mechs though the Zeus is not too impressive to me. This leaves me with 3 Mechs I have either tried or never used. I did get a bunch of MechBays a while back for some plans though I may now use some for other variants of these three for Mastery.

Cicada
I tried a Trial 2A once, I just never got into it much because I was working on other Mechs I had. If it seems OK after Basic'ing the 3F, I know to get a 3M for the ECM and then another, probably not the X-5 now.

Wolverine
Always wanted to try them due to fondness for them from TT. Thing is, the 7D build options seem similar to the 6R with MASC, fewer weapons and JJs. I tried mock building one but trying to use any AC limits what I can do, best I can come up with is a Brawler with SRMs, a Laser and MGs. I have no idea how good they work with XL engines. I know the 3LL 7K is a fave and a number of people dislike the 6K for no JJs.

Nova
Bought an A to try it out, also thought about getting a C. With a D coming, I could have 3 for Mastering. So far I tried the A using stock pods for a challenge but different weapons for sniping then switched to a variant of a Silra build that after a couple of matches works nicely. Initially I may try a Clan version of a Centurion-AH for fun then a Clan version of the Hunchback-4SP. Trying a Ballistic version is tough due to locked DHS though I have made good use of just a UAC10 + 2ERML on a Shadow Cat.

What recommendations does anyone have for these Mechs and chassis?

#2 Leone

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 02 October 2015 - 08:23 PM

The Blackhawk(Nova) has always been about the Prime arms for me. I've tried other builds, but my Cw drop ship currently read Twelve Er small Nova, Twelve Er small Nova, Twelve Er medium Nova, Twelve Mixed er and pulse Small Gargoyle.

As a concession to the success of my Uac 20 and six small pulse 'Goyle, my Newest Nova will be a six er small and Uac 10 Nova with a mighty three tonnes of ammo.

~Leone.

Edited by Leone, 03 October 2015 - 07:59 AM.

#3 EX S

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 107 posts

Posted 02 October 2015 - 10:37 PM

View PostWildstreak, on 01 October 2015 - 06:12 PM, said:

Wolverine
Always wanted to try them due to fondness for them from TT. Thing is, the 7D build options seem similar to the 6R with MASC, fewer weapons and JJs. I tried mock building one but trying to use any AC limits what I can do, best I can come up with is a Brawler with SRMs, a Laser and MGs. I have no idea how good they work with XL engines. I know the 3LL 7K is a fave and a number of people dislike the 6K for no JJs.

Some of the really good WVR builds use XL engines (except for the 7k I believe, which has those neat SRM quirks), and it survives decently with them if you can spread damage across everything that isn't the right arm. The 6k is the one that boats LLs, and is absolutely phenomenal at it. Out of the 3 WVRs, that is the one I kept and still play quite a bit today.

#4 Audacious Aubergine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 02 October 2015 - 11:12 PM

View PostWildstreak, on 01 October 2015 - 06:12 PM, said:

Cicada
I tried a Trial 2A once, I just never got into it much because I was working on other Mechs I had. If it seems OK after Basic'ing the 3F, I know to get a 3M for the ECM and then another, probably not the X-5 now.

I'm gonna get a 3C with ER PPC and 4 machine guns or maybe the 2B with as many medium pulse lasers as it can carry as my 2nd variant, and the 3M with ECM as the 3rd

Edited by FreebirthToad18999, 02 October 2015 - 11:14 PM.

#5 Funkin Disher

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 590 posts
  • LocationPPC Apocalypse Bunker, Sydney

Posted 06 October 2015 - 08:31 PM

Try an AC/2 with that PPC, or a /5 if you can stretch your tonnage. Heat is not a concern.

4 ML + 1 LL generally works better than 5 MPL in my experience, though both are pretty damned good if you can avoid being looked at long enough.

#6 Wildstreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 08:43 PM

Got my Novaback already though I really wanted a Novaturion.

Not had time to touch the Wolverine yet.

Cicada, thought of trying ERPPC + 3ML but someone I just played with said it was too hot, the stock weapons were good for him.

Edited by Wildstreak, 06 October 2015 - 08:47 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users