4 replies to this topic

#1 Repoman1

• Pip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 October 2015 - 01:53 AM

Hello dear MWO players.

I have bought dire wolf pack al la carte and i like it, only problem is that mech is slow and sometimes i get killed 1st just cose of lights getting on my back. I am looking to buy heavy mech to be able to use it in all around mech. So asking for your experience in this 2 mechs and sugesstion on wich one to buy for cbills (a,b,c,d,prime...) ?

What is your experience in this mechs and what playstyle suits each mech ?

Regards , your Repo

#2 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,148 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 02 October 2015 - 05:02 AM

They're both excellent but the TBR is a bit better (best mech in game) and more versatile.

The A,C and D all have an energy in the CT (all that matters for an omnimech really) and are the best CT options. The S has a single JJ in the CT and can do a few things the energy CT can't. The Prime is the clear loser with a pretty pointless CT ballistic slot. For max variety go C/A/D, S, Prime. For max utility go C/A/D (pick two) and S.

#3 sdsnowbum

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 170 posts

Posted 02 October 2015 - 05:23 AM

Timberwolf is best if you are out to do lots of damage, get kills etc.

It's definitely not slow and can do well against any other mech including lights. You can also get jump jets which can be nice, without having to make any significant trade off.

The Hellbringer is a small bit better if your style is to support others due to ECM. It's also less of a priority for enemies to kill.

Both of them are incredibly versatile as far as hard points locations and types, the Timberwolf a little more so since it can get jump jets which the Hellbringer can't.

In summary I would start with the Timberwolf.

#4 Leone

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 02 October 2015 - 12:50 PM

View PostTerciel1976, on 02 October 2015 - 05:02 AM, said:

For max utility go C/A/D (pick two) and S.

Terciel1976 is wise, though I disagree with the Madcat(Timberwolf) being the best in the game.

Not that I'm saying the Loki(Hellbringer) is better, but, best is subjective. The question is, what do your want out of your mech? The Loki can bring ECM, the Madcat can't, The Loki dosn't have negative quirks to energy weapons, the Madcat does. That said, the Madcat has more tonnage which means more armour, and has better hitboxes. Also, while they both go the same speed, the Madcat can jump.

Reflect on these things, and make an informed decision.

~Leone.

Edited by Leone, 02 October 2015 - 12:51 PM.

#5 Nothing Whatsoever

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,655 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 02 October 2015 - 01:59 PM

It depends on what you are looking for really.

If we are talking about Clan Heavies, then there must be consideration of the Ebon Jaguar, Hellbringer and Timberwolf as the top three, due to available hardpoints (omnipods), and hitboxes.

Summoners and Maddogs have their place, but due to fewer hardpoint options on the Summoner and the hitboxes on the Maddog, these two are often best considered after getting the top three.

The EBJ and HBR are at a nice tonnage point for CW and can mount a mix of the better Clan Weapons quite easily.

The Timber at 75 is probably slightly better if we are talking about simply solo and group queues, due to the greater available tonnage and ability to bring some JJs.

Currently, any mix of the EBJ or HBR can be had since the CTs are currently un-quirked (so also know that the re-balancing efforts are still on the horizon and can bring changes depending on what the devs are looking at).

So the current Timber variants are easier to choose from. As noted above that single Energy CT in three of the variants is very valuable for a great number of builds.

And the TBR-S CT is a dark horse if you only want a single JJ, and intend to not use the TBR-S side torsos or you can go for three to five using one or both of the TBR-S STs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users