- - - - -

How To Start 2Nd Account

5 replies to this topic

#1 MechWarrior3671771

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,021 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 02 October 2015 - 05:26 PM

I'm thinking of starting a new pilot account, mainly to 1) experiment with PSR, 2) min/max my stick controls without have to reset the current config I have now and 3) relive the joy of the cadet bonus.

Uhm... what do I do? In other online games I've played, setting up a "smurf" account was a no-no, and I don't want to do anything that would get me in trouble

Can I run it off the same rig as my current account? Do I need 2 installs?

#2 Takashi Uchida

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 496 posts

Posted 02 October 2015 - 06:08 PM

Shouldn't be a problem. Some RP-ers have alt accounts for IS/Clan. As soon as PSR dropped, people started alt accounts to race to Tier 1 (really).

#3 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,655 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 02 October 2015 - 08:54 PM

Multiple accounts is perfectly fine and allowed. You can't really affect one account from the other, like you can't trade gold or anything.

You just need to use a different email address.

Edit: It's only a problem if you create a duplicate account in order to inflate posts or votes on the forum or commit other misdeeds like trolling, etc.

Edit2: No, you can use the same PC and installation. Just log in separately at the login screen.

Edited by TheCaptainJZ, 02 October 2015 - 08:56 PM.

#4 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 02 October 2015 - 10:12 PM

Knock yourself out. I have about four accounts myself. Some I made to test earnings from scratch and some I made just to try out different mechs that I didn't want to bother farming on my main account (cadet bonus). I have a second paid account too (not much but I bought some MC on it to get a hero and stuff!).

Oh and don't use the new accounts to inflate unit coffers with cadet bonus I guess. :ph34r:

#5 PFC Carsten

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 03 October 2015 - 02:02 AM

View PostFenrisulvyn, on 02 October 2015 - 05:26 PM, said:

I'm thinking of starting a new pilot account, mainly to 1) experiment with PSR, 2) min/max my stick controls without have to reset the current config I have now and 3) relive the joy of the cadet bonus.

Don't forget to complete basic training in the new tutorial, which gives 5M C-Bills for about less than 10 minutes of your time.

#6 Wildstreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 03 October 2015 - 03:23 AM

Just goes to show we need the ability to Login with one account but have 2 "characters" under that account.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users